Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you want the Colts to hire Jim Harbaugh?

mintor

What if the Colts hired Jim Harbaugh?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want the Colts to hire Jim Harbaugh?

• yes
    • no
    • Maybe

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Raiders will be the front runners for Harbaugh.

He and the wife love California and especially the Bay Area.     If you've never visited,  you should put it on your list.   Hard to beat the Bay Area.      And I say that as someone who lives 350 miles south of that in LA.

Also, Harbaugh spent a year or two as an apprentice with the Raiders coaching staff.   So, he has some roots with the organization.

If he leaves SF, or is fired,   Oakland will probably give him a black check to do what he wants, hire who he wants, and fire who he wants.   

That's my read of things.

Remember,  for as great as he is,  and he is a great coach,  he wears out his welcome pretty quickly.    4 years at Stanford and most were happy to see him leave.    4 years at San Fran and they may fire him.

He's very, very, very high maintenance...

If NFL team could trade coaches then yes! 49ers would be happy that they have a new coach while the Colts would be happy because Jim already have connections to Luck and Hamilton. The Colts would be building the same exact Stanford team that was so successful. Haubaugh, Luck, Hamilton, Fleener. So many past connections. Would be a awesome team!

He and the wife love California and especially the Bay Area.     If you've never visited,  you should put it on your list.   Hard to beat the Bay Area.      And I say that as someone who lives 350 miles south of that in LA.

Also, Harbaugh spent a year or two as an apprentice with the Raiders coaching staff.   So, he has some roots with the organization.

If he leaves SF, or is fired,   Oakland will probably give him a black check to do what he wants, hire who he wants, and fire who he wants.   

Remember,  for as great as he is,  and he is a great coach,  he wears out his welcome pretty quickly.    4 years at Stanford and most were happy to see him leave.    4 years at San Fran and they may fire him.

true he a winner. 

If NFL team could trade coaches then yes! 49ers would be happy that they have a new coach while the Colts would be happy because Jim already have connections to Luck and Hamilton. The Colts would be building the same exact Stanford team that was so successful. Haubaugh, Luck, Hamilton, Fleener. So many past connections. Would be a awesome team!

we get barry sanders jr. be good rb. from stanford

The Raiders traded John Gruden to the Buccaneers.

I'm pretty sure it had been done before, it just isn't exactly a common thing. A coach in the NFL is probably the most important of any sport (my opinion of course) so I think there is just too much that goes into it to be a common thing. 

Edit: Corgi confirmed above me. Always wondered how he had gotten there to win the SB, because people praise him for his work on the Raiders too. Don't get fired if you do well. Except maybe Jim Harbaugh...

I'm pretty sure it had been done before, it just isn't exactly a common thing. A coach in the NFL is probably the most important of any sport (my opinion of course) so I think there is just too much that goes into it to be a common thing. 

Edit: Corgi confirmed above me. Always wondered how he had gotten there to win the SB, because people praise him for his work on the Raiders too. Don't get fired if you do well. Except maybe Jim Harbaugh...

is player don,t like have a boss make play hard. most pay way high then a coach . most hink better then the coaches in nfl . so caoch have be live bff too players.

I like Coach Pagano & GM Grigson working side by side in INDY. I don't want Jim Harbaugh. Chuck will figure it out. He has my full confidence. No, that's not code for "fire" him either.

Pags is a gym rat & anything from the Baltimore Ravens program makes me happy. If I was gonna go after a Harbaugh brother, it would be John not Jim by a landslide. 

:lol: What's worse? A high maintenance man or a high maintenance woman? Don't answer that question NCF. I don't wanna get you in "hot water" with your wife my friend.  :P  It's a rhetorical question anyway.

Personally, I think the Raiders organization is cursed. That franchise destroys more coaches than a car crusher in an automotive junk yard. 2002 is a long drought from a SB appearance. 

Just as always. As long as the Colts win games everyone is happy and singing the praises for the owner, GM and coaches. We get beat by a very good team and now the sky is falling. Fire the GM. Fire the head coach and everyone below them. While we are at it let's fire Jim Irsay? (sarcasm). I guess all fans are the same basically. I don't know what is worse, my 1 year old great grandson who whines and cries most of the time or the biggest part of Colt fans after a loss.

I don't know what is worse, my 1 year old great grandson who whines and cries most of the time or the biggest part of Colt fans after a loss.

Maybe if you offered everyone a treat that would perk everyone up & make them smile CC1. I only say that because whenever I vote on November 2nd I'm classically conditioned now to receive a free cookie for exercising my civic duty. My point here is bribery works to compel people do something on a routine basis. I'm not talking corruption here just something worthwhile for a person's taste buds. 

Just messing with ya buddy!  :D Eat your heart out Ivan Pavlov...There no bell sound, but the voting machine beeps when it takes my ballot & then I get my treat. Woof! I mean mmm good! 

No thanks 

B4Vo.gif

+1 

I really don't want to watch his antics on the sidelines in a Colt's shirt.  Ugg

Plus the fact that despite his winning there is talk that they want to push him out and the players don't like him as coach.  I mean a coach is winning games and everyone hates his guts.... Huge red flags there.  If he's really that disliked it's going to implode at some point, only a matter of time.

I'm concerned that fans only consider names and personalities they think they know, rather than looking for the best talent and fit from all possible candidates. Maybe there are no better coaches.  Maybe the coaches we have can learn and grow - becoming great coaches. Maybe?

Never mind. We are toast. People are recommending Rex Ryan ...

Harbaugh would be an instant upgrade over Pags.  On a personal level, I like Pags very much, but for a supposed defensive minded coach, the fit with our current team is not ideal.  Additionally, we haven't exactly set the tone for a defensive team in the three years we've had him as Head Coach.  In fact, our defense has been rather atrocious.  

I'd love to see Harbaugh back with the Colts.  

I'm concerned that fans only consider names and personalities they think they know, rather than looking for the best talent and fit from all possible candidates. Maybe there are no better coaches.  Maybe the coaches we have can learn and grow - becoming great coaches. Maybe?

Never mind. We are toast. People are recommending Rex Ryan ...

haha I laughed so hard when reading this. Rex wouldn't be a bad addition as DC. atleast the soft label would be off

I am guessing here but to me it seems the problem is the entire organization believed they were far better than they are and that is the problem. Pregame shows many of the broadcasters pick the Colts based on numbers against poor teams. Getting disgraced by the Steelers then baby slapped by NE at home sends a message that "they are not a good football team" period! The Colts are at Dallas the third week of December after games with Washington, Jacksonville and Cleveland. If they get beat up by Dallas you can bet some heads if not all are going on the chopping block. This season is a very big let down.

Everyone loves the Bay Area, but I don't think that will impact his decision on where to coach. Plus, Harbaugh is a nut....he once said his favorite city he played in was Indy. Nothing against Indy, it's a nice city, but he played in Chicago and SD lol