Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

grigs

OLD FAN MAN

I give Grigson a B-/C+. Got to see a greater sample size from the 2013 aquisitions in particular. Still a work in progress...

That being said, this entire organization needs to come down hard on the team for the results we got on Sunday. The coaches need to convey to these players that what we witnessed won't be tolerated...This team is preaching the principles of tough, physical style football. No excuse for Sunday's beat down...Period...People will come back at me by stating we don't have the talent...I say nonsense. Many of these players excelled on their former teams...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grigs has been pretty good overall imo. I give him pretty high marks in drafting. The 2012 draft looks like it's about as good a draft class as you can possibly bring in. 2013 looks like it's just an ok draft so far. 2014 looks like it was a good draft, minus the fact that he traded our first rounder for a RB who just wasn't worth the pick. Trades, a mixed bag, not so good. Trent is the obvious one, but also remember we got Vontae Davis who has emerged as one of the better corners in the league. Free agent signings have been kind of hit or miss, some of that has had to do with injuries. I still think Art Jones is going to prove to be a key signing moving forward.

There's a lot to be excited about as a Colts fan, but the biggest worry for me is the running game. It's a big area of weakness right now. I'm anxious to see if Grigs fixes it and if so how. He's personally brought in our running back, as well as 4 of the 5 starters on the O-line. Will he make any tough decisions about his own personal signings?

I don't know about this new age feel good stuff but I did notice or at least it seemed to me that the Colts looked scared starting with the first play...I even mentioned it to my wife.  I also think the crap non PI/holding call when TY was thrown to the ground set the tone for the game.  You can't tell me that when players see that crap the "we can't win no matter what, officials won't let us" doesn't enter their minds.  We see it....and so do they.

I don't know about this new age feel good stuff but I did notice or at least it seemed to me that the Colts looked scared starting with the first play...I even mentioned it to my wife.  I also think the crap non PI/holding call when TY was thrown to the ground set the tone for the game.  You can't tell me that when players see that crap the "we can't win no matter what, officials won't let us" doesn't enter their minds.  We see it....and so do they.

How can tell if players are scared? Did you look into their soul? Bush did that with Putin once...worked out well.

Yada Yada...10 years in the mental health field with nothing to show for it as opposed to someone that's a highly decorated veteran for over 20 years in the United states Military serving with such professional leaders and winners as the SEAL team and Marines. You make your obvious insecurities even more transparent by trying to make your argument scientific and suggesting someone needs "empirical proof" in a fan forum. If you want to feel like a man by trying to disprove my point, go right ahead, dude.  I served to give people like you the right to do so. Gung Ho

thanks for serving for our freedom, welcome to the forum war

poor o-line ,poor talent level, poor defense ,poor coaching, poor trades, poor draft picks, it all comes back to grigs he is driving the train

The guys Grigson drafted in this past draft have actually showed a lot of promise, not to mention the undrafted guys he has found like Zach Kerr and Jonotthan Harrison that have made a solid impact.

Well, the picture was for credibility's sake. But, when you dont respect someones opinion or what credentials they have, everything is just an opportunity to denegrate. Appreciate the welcome aboard, guys, thanks!

Awesome avatar.  Thanks for 20+ years.  The battles in this forum are similar the the Russian/Afghan War.  :)  

To be fair, "Yada Yada" could equally said about your posts. Your opinion when it comes to football is no better than the next, unless you have also spent 20 plus years coaching football at a high level. Moreover, your comments about Pagano are ridiculous, the truth is you have absolutely no idea what Pagano's ability to motivate is.

Yep, Cynjin, you are right. My experience in the Military isnt exactly football experience, so as far as the parameters YOU laid out, I have no more credibility than the average Joe, since that's how you feel about people that have served this country in the capacity I have. I respect the fact that you personally probably have no respect for the Military, feel the Department of Defense is evil and would never do it yourself. So, the "teams" I've had to "coach" that were teams that go into battle where lives are lost, again, probably, mean nothing to you and thats OK. And I cant possibly have ANY idea of Pagano's motivational abilities as I observe this team defensively, which is Pagano's supposed strong point, go from the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL to the 24th ranked defense in 3 weeks. But, I probably should have made that statement earlier to illustrate that point, realizing that people such as yourself are ready to attack, and thats fair. I fought for over 20 yrs to defend your right to do so.

Well, the picture was for credibility's sake. But, when you dont respect someones opinion or what credentials they have, everything is just an opportunity to denegrate. Appreciate the welcome aboard, guys, thanks!

First, thanks for your service.

The 'picture' reference was towards House. He made a 'puff out your chest' reference, and I found it funny viewing his avatar.

To be clear, I meant no disrespect in my retort to you. Just read your post in Col. Jessup's voice, and found it funny.

You'll learn I can be quite the wise acre, and usually poke fun at hypocrisy and irony.

Again, no harm meant.

Welcome to the forum.

Yep, Cynjin, you are right. My experience in the Military isnt exactly football experience, so as far as the parameters YOU laid out, I have no more credibility than the average Joe, since that's how you feel about people that have served this country in the capacity I have. I respect the fact that you personally probably have no respect for the Military, feel the Department of Defense is evil and would never do it yourself. So, the "teams" I've had to "coach" that were teams that go into battle where lives are lost, again, probably, mean nothing to you and thats OK. And I cant possibly have ANY idea of Pagano's motivational abilities as I observe this team defensively, which is Pagano's supposed strong point, go from the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL to the 24th ranked defense in 3 weeks. But, I probably should have made that statement earlier to illustrate that point, realizing that people such as yourself are ready to attack, and thats fair. I fought for over 20 yrs to defend your right to do so.

Wow, someone has a HUGE chip on their shoulder. Your experience can have some cursory overlap with a team sport but thats about it. I actually have coached a team sport, not football, and have coached teams in the business world. However, I would never even suggests that means I know better how to coach or motivate a NFL team better than those actually doing it.

As for my respect for the Military, or lack thereof according to you, once again you show that the truth is you actually have no idea of my level of respect for the Military. Let me educate you at least on that subject. The truth is that I have many family members and friends that have or are currently serving in the Military. Currently a cousin is in Walter Reed hospital recovering for more than a year from injuries he received when a RPG landed a few feet from him while he was serving in Afghanistan. My advice to you is to stop acting like you know sooooooooo much more than anyone else or that you know how someone feels or motivates or thinks etc. unless you actually know the person or are closely involved in the situation. Not that I expect you to take constructive criticism.

First, thanks for your service.

The 'picture' reference was towards House. He made a 'puff out your chest' reference, and I found it funny viewing his avatar.

To be clear, I meant no disrespect in my retort to you. Just read your post in Col. Jessup's voice, and found it funny.

You'll learn I can be quite the wise acre, and usually poke fun at hypocrisy and irony.

Again, no harm meant.

Welcome to the forum.

Its all good, man. Looking forward to interacting with you in the future. And btw, that WAS kinda funny, the Col Jessup reference. PEACE!

Wow, someone has a HUGE chip on their shoulder. Your experience can have some cursory overlap with a team sport but thats about it. I actually have coached a team sport, not football, and have coached teams in the business world. However, I would never even suggests that means I know better how to coach or motivate a NFL team better than those actually doing it.

As for my respect for the Military, or lack thereof according to you, once again you show that the truth is you actually have no idea of my level of respect for the Military. Let me educate you at least on that subject. The truth is that I have many family members and friends that have or are currently serving in the Military. Currently a cousin is in Walter Reed hospital recovering for more than a year from injuries he received when a RPG landed a few feet from him while he was serving in Afghanistan. My advice to you is to stop acting like you know sooooooooo much more than anyone else or that you know how someone feels or motivates or thinks etc. unless you actually know the person or are closely involved in the situation. Not that I expect you to take constructive criticism.

haha Dude. Why did you pick me, among MANY other people speaking their minds in here, to attack in that way? Maybe the person with the chip isn't the one that's worn a DOD uniform before. Seems you have a problem with me making a point that I feel strongly and have some credibility about. And having service members IN YOUR FAMILY, as most people do, DOESN'T indicate YOUR true level of respect for anyone. If you CHOSE to take my statement, which I pointed out was MY OPINION, to mean that I felt I knew more than anyone else, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself. I have the right to do that. <Had to pull that one from back in the day. lol>  

haha Dude. Why did you pick me, among MANY other people speaking their minds in here, to attack in that way? Maybe the person with the chip isn't the one that's worn a DOD uniform before. Seems you have a problem with me making a point that I feel strongly and have some credibility about. And having service members IN YOUR FAMILY, as most people do, DOESN'T indicate YOUR true level of respect for anyone. If you CHOSE to take my statement, which I pointed out was MY OPINION, to mean that I felt I knew more than anyone else, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself. I have the right to do that. <Had to pull that one from back in the day. lol>

Lol, you are a piece of work, really you are. You were the one that went after other posters, House & Blood on the Tracks, for comments they made, but no one should question your ideas, no that just wouldn't be right after all you wear a DOD uniform your ideas should go unquestioned.

Oh and you're obviously quite correct about my family. I probably don't respect my mother, father, uncles and cousins for their service in the Military. Next time I go to Walter Reed to visit my cousin I should probably just spit in his face and call him a baby killer instead of the usual handshake and hug. Unbelievable.

some people have a bad case of little man syndrome, on here they become cyber bullies and it makes them feel like big men, so expect to come under fire from the little ones, I just don't reply to them and it works for me.

Wow, the Colts fans expectations are often hitting the ceiling, instead of accepting and appreciating what we have.  At this point the Colts are not in the NFL elite.  They are in the second tier and there are tiers below us.  I for one appreciate the effort of everyone on the Colts and the fact that I have a local winning football team.  Not every NFL city can say that.  Many on here have not sit through nearly every home game for the past 31 and gain the understanding that the Colts on some Sundays are not as good as their opponent.  But the goal is to keep improving and striving toward the prize, just as it is for everyone of us in our daily lives and careers.  GO COLTS!!! Great job Ryan Grigson.

Well with blount going to NE and Tate possibly signing with the Vikings, Really baffles me on why we did not even take a look at either one of this RB, I know they have on and off field issues but so do a lot of other players, IMO the colts needed to look at all option to see what is best for the team and right know they are saying they do not need a RB to replace Ahmad but they would rather spend money on a return guy when ST is doing alright. So I am clueless of this action from the front office.   

Yada Yada...10 years in the mental health field with nothing to show for it as opposed to someone that's a highly decorated veteran for over 20 years in the United states Military serving with such professional leaders and winners as the SEAL team and Marines. You make your obvious insecurities even more transparent by trying to make your argument scientific and suggesting someone needs "empirical proof" in a fan forum. If you want to feel like a man by trying to disprove my point, go right ahead, dude.  I served to give people like you the right to do so. Gung Ho

How do you know what he has to show for his 10 years in the mental health field?

where did all of THAT come from?

Climb down, dude. You don't know me. Who are you?

Instead of answering a simple question, you get defensive.  Interesting.  You're right, I don't know you....and you don't know me and I suspect you don't know the other posters here either.  So my question was legit...how do you know what he has to show for his 10 years in the mental health field?  Seems like a wild assumption on your part based on absolutely zero evidence. ;)

BTW, climb down off of what? lol

Instead of answering a simple question, you get defensive.  Interesting.  You're right, I don't know you....and you don't know me and I suspect you don't know the other posters here either.  So my question was legit...how do you know what he has to show for his 10 years in the mental health field?  Seems like a wild assumption on your part based on absolutely zero evidence. ;)

BTW, climb down off of what? lol

Did you read my previous post to you or do you just get your kicks being obstinate? It spoke of moving forward after apologizing for a reference that wasn't necessary. It seems you're trying to get a rise out of me and if that's so, that's pretty sad. As far as I'm concerned, this subject is over.