Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Officiating

coltsfanmilyman

I guess saying "watch the play" and then describing the play is not citing any "evidence".

Oh well.  I thought he was a punk before the Pats played the Colts so that play really has nothing to do with it.  But nice try.

Before last night what has Gronk done to make you think he is a punk?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't think of specific examples.  Last night during the game (before Gronk threw down Brown even) Collinsworth was talking about Gronk being used as a blocker and I said something like, I can't stand Gronk he always acts like a punk and my wife said, "I know, you say that every time watch the Patriots".  So I must have said it before because my wife is always right (or so she tells me).

It's a shame too, such a football talent... when he's healthy.

Yet, Bernard Pollard and TJ Ward are dirty...

You've defended Gronkowski's play in this thread, even saying that you hope he does it to the next person who talks smack.

Because TJ Ward goes at peoples knees with intent to injure...  Gronk just gave Brown the business, shoved him around onto the ground... these are NFL football players that smash into each other at full speed every week and everyone here acts like shoving a guy to the ground is some obscene, dirty act that will end people's careers or something..

I know some have tried to compare baseball with football but that is not the case  . . . football is a lot more analogous to hockey where it is a contact sport where there are more than a share of players that take cheap shots and one need to defend oneself and at times may have to engage in a fight . . . many hockey players want fighting to help patrol the sport . . . and even without the cheap shots there are enough slot legal shots which really don't effect the play but send a message . . . either way player can be injured from these shots and they need to defend themselves and it is not necessarily pointing to the scoreboard to get back at them . . . one needs to send a message back . . .

One thing that we need to remember folks is that early in his promising career Gronk has been injured at least three times . . . the first major one was Pollard falling on the back of his legs a few years ago and he was a 1/4 Gronk in the SB, the second one was Sergio Brown helmet hitting and breaking his forearm on a extra point attempt at the end of a game that was over . . .I mean really why was Sergio's helmet down near Gronk's forearm away way? and then we had complication with the recovery. . . then we have the third incident last year with TJ Ward taking out Gronk's knee from a blow from the front and aimed at just about is knee with such force that he flipped Gronk 360 degrees and Gronk is gone for the rest of the season  . . . then in the very next meeting between the two teams and the first play when the two players met Ward is going right directly for Gronk's knee and Gronk had to unnecessarily pinwheel over him to avoid a potential season ending injury . . . 

So the bottom line is Gronk has been out for essentially out for our last playoff runs effecting our chances and his enjoyment of being in the game . . . so when Ward goes after his knee this year and then gets up clapping and Brown talking smack . . .maybe just maybe Gronk is getting a little tired of being on the sidelines for three straight years and getting taunted about it and just wanted to send a message to anyone who might have an idea of playing with an intent to injury . . . and if you do and Gronk has an opportunity he is going to send you a message . . .

bottom no player should be injured intentionally or by a reckless act of an opponent . . . and Gronk has been injured three consecutive years by plays there are not really clean . . . and if want to let the league know he is tired of it, I am all for it . . . after all we are the fans that have to deal with life without Gronk, not the fans of the other 31 teams . . .  

Rob Gronkowski is pure scum.

You would take him on the Colts in less than a blink of an eye.

Obviously several Colts fans are still riding on a very high emotional wave coming off of that loss last night, but you're getting a special level of carried away with all of this hyperbole and exaggerations.

For all the people acting like us Pats fans that are horrible human beings for feeling the way we feel about this and eat babies or something... just read this article and watch the video:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430071/article/sergio-brown-on-gronk-i-put-straps-on-that-boy

Right at the 1 minute mark, it shows that play of Gronk and you'll hear the commentator talk about the play

EDIT:  The link helps...

I really can't think of specific examples.  Last night during the game (before Gronk threw down Brown even) Collinsworth was talking about Gronk being used as a blocker and I said something like, I can't stand Gronk he always acts like a punk and my wife said, "I know, you say that every time watch the Patriots".  So I must have said it before because my wife is always right (or so she tells me).

It's a shame too, such a football talent... when he's healthy.

yah but talking smack is not something that should solicit an injury from another player . . . if a player is talking smack about his game play or cant be stopped, so be it . . . try and stop him or take your lumps . . . there is a lot of smack talk going on in the NFL an it is just par for the coarse imo . . .

now if on the other hand he does what he did last night more times, or blows up an unsuspecting defender in a spot that a block is not necessarily then I would agree that is not correct to what he has done . . . I really can not recall Gronk doing anything like these things . . . he might play big and hard because he is . . .  

and ask for the throwing motion out of bounds I was not a fan of that either . . . but we do not know if there was chatter going on while they were going out of bounds and Gronk felt the need to respond and/or demonstrate that he had the upper hand . . .

if you have time please kindly read my last point, but I will bring in a brief point here from that post, as a pats fan seeing Gronk miss three of our playoff runs to injury and to players that talk smack and the latter two of which came back after the injuries with not the greatest amount or remorse  . . . for Gronk to send message to this class of individuals in the NFL that he is tired of it does not bother me . . . bottom line people get injured and if Gronk is a magnet for potential hits that injured and in the future will be more so that other players . . . one can not really blame him for taking stand that he is tired of being on the sidelines and wishing in the future to not be on the sidelines . .. football is a brotherhood and players should endeavor not to take actions that might risk injury and lost games to their brothers . . . sometimes one needs to reminds others of this point

eww eww can I answer.  maybe not punk, but for me,  his actions after the SB loss (cutting a rug)definately put a bad taste in my mouth!  It definately did your boy Rodney Harrison and I believe maybe, if I remember correctly, Bruschi was a lil salty over it too? I woulda been irate if it woulda been a colts player.  I woulda wanted him cut. I don't wanna find out my TE is livin la vida loca at a club, hours after they lost the SB. . .but thats me. . .

No I'm not remotely sheltered. It does happen, but it's because people are dumb. It's a deviation from the norm to harm someone for talking.

Was anything on Brown's body harmed other than his ego? 

It was a shove out of bounds!  He shoved him to the ground out of bounds, and he rolled up near a camera cart..  You make it sound like we're watching the WWE and he smashed his face into it repeatedly, went up to the top rope and elbow dropped him. 

For all the people acting like us Pats fans that are horrible human beings for feeling the way we feel about this and eat babies or something... just read this article and watch the video:

Right at the 1 minute mark, it shows that play of Gronk and you'll hear the commentator talk about the play

Good Lord this is football man, not a Brotha Lynch Rap song :woah: <-- I hope i'm not the only one who gets this reference

yah but talking smack is not something that should solicit an injury from another player . . . if a player is talking smack about his game play or cant be stopped, so be it . . . try and stop him or take your lumps . . . there is a lot of smack talk going on in the NFL an it is just par for the coarse imo . . .

now if on the other hand he does what he did last night more times, or blows up an unsuspecting defender in a spot that a block is not necessarily then I would agree that is not correct to what he has done . . . I really can not recall Gronk doing anything like these things . . . he might play big and hard because he is . . .  

and ask for the throwing motion out of bounds I was not a fan of that either . . . but we do not know if there was chatter going on while they were going out of bounds and Gronk felt the need to respond and/or demonstrate that he had the upper hand . . .

if you have time please kindly read my last point, but I will bring in a brief point here from that post, as a pats fan seeing Gronk miss three of our playoff runs to injury and to players that talk smack and the latter two of which came back after the injuries with not the greatest amount or remorse  . . . for Gronk to send message to this class of individuals in the NFL that he is tired of it does not bother me . . . bottom line people get injured and if Gronk is a magnet for potential hits that injured and in the future will be more so that other players . . . one can not really blame him for taking stand that he is tired of being on the sidelines and wishing in the future to not be on the sidelines . .. football is a brotherhood and players should endeavor not to take actions that might risk injury and lost games to their brothers . . . sometimes one needs to reminds others of this point

Like I stated earlier, Brown was running his mouth (of that I have no doubt).  And if he can't man up and stop what Gronk was getting ready to do (or retaliate after) then I have no sympathy for him.  I just think Gronk was trying to hurt him which was my original comment.  And like I said he got penalized on the field for it.

eww eww can I answer.  maybe not punk, but for me,  his actions after the SB loss (cutting a rug)definately put a bad taste in my mouth!  It definately did your boy Rodney Harrison and I believe maybe, if I remember correctly, Bruschi was a lil salty over it too? I woulda been irate if it woulda been a colts player.  I woulda wanted him cut. I don't wanna find out my TE is livin la vida loca at a club, hours after they lost the SB. . .but thats me. . .

on one level I hear you . . . but on another level those parties are set up in advance as teams hope they win . . . so I guess the team could cancel the party, but the pats did not . . . there were other players there too, one of which was Matt Light hooping it up . . . . on the other end of the spectrum you have people criticism Bill B. for being too down after a game and too "stand" off-ish of the media and such . . . so I am not sure which one is correct . . . kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't . . .  

I guess it comes down to personalities . . . Rodney Harrison was upset about it . . but then again there is not much one could do about it the next season does not start for 3-4 months . . . and if the player comes back with all the fire possible in May does it really matter what he did in March or the night of the SB . . .

I am not sure I would go to the party . . . but then again some people have different ways to shake off a tough lost  . . . the ultimate key is if they come back the following year with enough fire to play at 100% . . .

on one level I hear you . . . but on another level those parties are set up in advance as teams hope they win . . . so I guess the team could cancel the party, but the pats did not . . . there were other players there too, one of which was Matt Light hooping it up . . . . on the other end of the spectrum you have people criticism Bill B. for being too down after a game and too "stand" off-ish of the media and such . . . so I am not sure which one is correct . . . kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't . . .

I guess it comes down to personalities . . . Rodney Harrison was upset about it . . but then again there is not much one could do about it the next season does not start for 3-4 months . . . and if the player comes back with all the fire possible in May does it really matter what he did in March or the night of the SB . . .

I am not sure I would go to the party . . . but then again some people have different ways to shake off a tough lost . . . the ultimate key is if they come back the following year with enough fire to play at 100% . . .

Well said. Great points. See people! We can get along

on one level I hear you . . . but on another level those parties are set up in advance as teams hope they win . . . so I guess the team could cancel the party, but the pats did not . . . there were other players there too, one of which was Matt Light hooping it up . . . . on the other end of the spectrum you have people criticism Bill B. for being too down after a game and too "stand" off-ish of the media and such . . . so I am not sure which one is correct . . . kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't . . .  

I am not sure I would go to the party . . . but then again some people have different ways to shake off a tough lost  . . . the ultimate key is if they come back the following year with enough fire to play at 100% . . .

The other context to that is Gronk hadn't been able to hang out with his brothers all year, but they were all there after the game and he was partying with them.  Some people are able to try and block out the bad and focus on the good, especially as a way to cope with disappointment.

Its all subjective, there is no "right" or "wrong" way to act after a crushing loss really, everyone deals with things differently.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430071/article/sergio-brown-on-gronk-i-put-straps-on-that-boy

EDIT:  The link helps...

And you can read the comments to show other perspectives as well who aren't even Pats fans

Like I stated earlier, Brown was running his mouth (of that I have no doubt).  And if he can't man up and stop what Gronk was getting ready to do (or retaliate after) then I have no sympathy for him.  I just think Gronk was trying to hurt him which was my original comment.  And like I said he got penalized on the field for it.

What Gronk did was somewhat reckless and would of like to have seen him run him into a padded wall . . . I was not a real fan of it, but at the same time I tired of seeing Gronk got down and frankly fear he might be a victim of another low blow, intentional or reckless, and I wish that to be avoided and if a message needs to be sent that he can be reckless too so back off me, so be it . . .

in other news, half of me thought about the movie Blind Side, was at a friends house Saturday night watching college football (and On the Waterfront too btw great movie) and we decided to flip through the stations and came across the movie Blind Side . . . it was at the point in the movie of Michael Oher's first high school game . . . having not seen the movie my buddy told me this is a great scene . . . Oher was getting beat early by a trashing talking defense end . . . his coach got flagged and finally Oher decided enough is enough . . .on the next play Oher blocked the guy all the way through the end zone and into the stands . . . and I wondered if Gronk had watched that movie the night before in his hotel room or just knows the block from having seen the movie before . . . or it could of been a coincidence . . . it was just weird that I saw part of the movie for the first time within 24 hours of Gronk's block . . .  

Well said. Great points. See people! We can get along

thanks man :thmup: . . . surely we will differ on things and some of us are on opposites side of the fan fence . . . but there are things common to the game, fanhood and humanity that should have our fanhood get in the way of what is right . . .  

Was anything on Brown's body harmed other than his ego? 

It was a shove out of bounds!  He shoved him to the ground out of bounds, and he rolled up near a camera cart..  You make it sound like we're watching the WWE and he smashed his face into it repeatedly, went up to the top rope and elbow dropped him. 

I mean if Gronk wants to attempt a flying elbow drop from the top of the jib I'm all for it. That would be worth the fine/penalty.

He has no history whatsoever of anger issues or trying to injure other players, that is just an exaggerated claim by emotional Colts fans.

Bottom line, if you don't want to get humiliated on national television, blocked 35+ yards down field and shoved into the camera crew on the sidelines, then don't run your mouth all game to a vastly superior athlete.

If that;s his attitude, then Gronk is dumb too...really dumb.  Its called breaking the rules.  If you want to break the rules, and the macho-game being played by Gronk is... the person who breaks them worse then the other guy wins.....

......then Gronk shouldn't live in a country that has Second Amendment protections.

As one of my oldest Indy fan friends would say...

Dear Lord.

TY was arm-barred from coming back for the ball, no flag, and Collinsworth calls it a good play.

TY is pin-balled by two or three defenders, no flag, and Collinsworth calls it physical defense.

Gronk shoves Brown into a camera and Collinsworth says that its justified because Brown is simply running his mouth. (You'd think that taking out Gronks knee would be justified now)

And...I forgot to mention...Toler just touches a Pats WR, gets flagged, and Collinsworth calls it a good call.

There is more to it than just simple bias.  A commentator doesn't lie...lie....about what he sees clearly on a replay without something bigger going on.  Its beyond bias...its propaganda.

If the NFL can shoot up players with PED's, stuff them with illegal use of prescription drugs to mask the pain, they can certainly have a subtly choreographed WWE element to the season.  Part of that is to have an announcer stooge telling the audience what they should be seeing.

You would take him on the Colts in less than a blink of an eye.

Obviously several Colts fans are still riding on a very high emotional wave coming off of that loss last night, but you're getting a special level of carried away with all of this hyperbole and exaggerations.

He is talent but I'm sorry I don't like his damn attitude and how he carries himself. Pure scum no matter what team he plays for.

I don't know about his "long history" of stupid things, but I may be wrong there though as I'm not a fan of his and choose not to follow him, but for him to be ejected is overdone.  And yes we actually agree Gronk did let trash talking take over his limited mentality and I don't see a reason why it wouldn't as that is something you usually shouldn't trash talk about.  And Gronk got his penalty and perhaps a fine.  That is it...

So him not only hitting another player after the play was called dead and then taking the players body and slamming it into a piece of equipment is not enough for you? OK, I understand you don't care how players act.

Him being ejected would not have effected the outcome of the game at that point which is probably why he waited until then to do it.

Do you really think he is that smart? He didn't let his temper and his limited mental capabilities control himself? I have some ocean front property here in Indiana I need to sale cheap.

He is talent but I'm sorry I don't like his damn attitude and how he carries himself. Pure scum no matter what team he plays for.

i don't like Gtonk and. I think he's full of himself and a bit of a jerk but I wouldn't go as far as to call him scum. Aaron Hernandiz was scum. Gronk is just one of many meat head football players but he's never harmed anyone.

So him not only hitting another player after the play was called dead and then taking the players body and slamming it into a piece of equipment is not enough for you? OK, I understand you don't care how players act.

OK again take a deep breath maybe come back in a day and reread. I haven't accused you of anything and would appreciate if you would not do that to me as well.

Now when you are ready to actually discuss it's painfully obvious that I do care how players act as I have already stated that I don't condone how Gronk acted (as I have been in the same situation and handled it much better) but I also understand that the level of thug or unclassy coming from our Colts player was just as unacceptable and both deserved what they got.

I know this might be hard to accept but our team isn't any more special and (more) classy than the rest of the NFL. In fact as our years away from Dungy grow I would say we have been more average than above in regards to acts on the field. (See Walden, Landry, Sergio, etc.)

What about him is bothering you?

What? Lol... don't deflect he's simply stating you think Gronk is scum and simply bringing up that Walden (who has way more history of being violent on the field) must also get under your skin. You then asked what brought up that comment and I clarified lol...

What? Lol... don't deflect he's simply stating you think Gronk is scum and simply bringing up that Walden (who has way more history of being violent on the field) must also get under your skin. You then asked what brought up that comment and I clarified lol...

Why are you saying what? It's a honest question. Last season he head butted Delanie Walker during a game. It was a scum bag move and is unacceptable. You're trying to make me seem hypocritical and it's not working. Erik Walden can be an butt and I will admit it.

Why are you saying what? It's a honest question. Last season he head butted Delanie Walker during a game. It was a scum bag move and is unacceptable. You're trying to make me seem hypocritical and it's not working. Erik Walden can be an butt and I will admit it.

Lol ok bud just calm down. I have no idea why all of your are getting so emotional.I didn't call you nor make you into a hypocrite I summed up the question you asked. And he didn't either he simply stated that you must not like Walden either. If you didn't want to come out as a hypocrite then simply tell him yes that you don't like Walden either and think he's scum... no need to get defensive. There's no personal attacks on here let's keep it that way.

Lol ok bud just calm down. I have no idea why all of your are getting so emotional.I didn't call you nor make you into a hypocrite I summed up the question you asked. And he didn't either he simply stated that you must not like Walden either. If you didn't want to come out as a hypocrite then simply tell him yes that you don't like Walden either and think he's scum... no need to get defensive. There's no personal attacks on here let's keep it that way.

No... He's trying to make it seem like I am hypocritical, which I am not. I am fair to any player no matter the team they play on. If you do bone head things on the field, it is unacceptable. Whether that be Erik Walden or Rob gronkowski, whom ever. It seems as if patriot fans are the only ones who think what he did was A-OKAY and not even a bit unacceptable. And that is just sickening...

Because TJ Ward goes at peoples knees with intent to injure...  Gronk just gave Brown the business, shoved him around onto the ground... these are NFL football players that smash into each other at full speed every week and everyone here acts like shoving a guy to the ground is some obscene, dirty act that will end people's careers or something..

He pushed him into the camera cart, ten yards outside of the field of play. It was a dirty play. I'm not being sensational and worrying about what could have happened, I'm talking very specifically about what DID happen. It was not a football play, it was about Gronk going overboard.

TJ Ward tried to tackle Gronk the best way he could. It wasn't a dirty play. It was unfortunate, but Gronk showed last night why players try to go low at him. There was no intent to injure, and most importantly, it was a football play.

Again, this is ironic of you, if not downright hypocritical. You can determine TJ Ward's intent, but heaven forbid anyone say that Gronk intended to hurt Brown. Ward is dirty, but Gronk was just playing football, and you hope he does it again. Yeah, forget about ironic. It's hypocritical. 

He pushed him into the camera cart, ten yards outside of the field of play. It was a dirty play. I'm not being sensational and worrying about what could have happened, I'm talking very specifically about what DID happen. It was not a football play, it was about Gronk going overboard.

TJ Ward tried to tackle Gronk the best way he could. It wasn't a dirty play. It was unfortunate, but Gronk showed last night why players try to go low at him. There was no intent to injure, and most importantly, it was a football play.

Again, this is ironic of you, if not downright hypocritical. You can determine TJ Ward's intent, but heaven forbid anyone say that Gronk intended to hurt Brown. Ward is dirty, but Gronk was just playing football, and you hope he does it again. Yeah, forget about ironic. It's hypocritical.

Exactly on point to the max.

I have to explain this?

Really?

So if Gronk completing a block and pushing a guy out of bounds is a punk move, head butting a guy, which has NOTHING to do with football, must be much more egregious.

Yes, it is a scum bag move and is unacceptable. I did not like it.

TJ Ward tried to tackle Gronk the best way he could. It wasn't a dirty play .... Ward is dirty, but Gronk was just playing football, and you hope he does it again.

You just contradicted yourself.

And Ward said prior to the game with the Pats that he would try to tackle and injure Gronk again and then he went out and tried but Gronk saw it coming it and jumped up ...

And you can actually tackle a player low without dive bombing at their knee ... twice.