Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MJD42

Manning brothers throw record 7 interceptions

Peyton looks really off. Not sure if something is going on with his arm or hand but his throws looked really awful yesterday. He floated so many passes and never pushed the ball down the field. 

Peyton had 2, Eli had 5. That is a record for most picks by brothers on the same day.

How many brothers played quarterback on the same day? I'm pretty sure anything Peyton and Eli do on the same day is a record in the brother duo sense.

How many brothers played quarterback on the same day? I'm pretty sure anything Peyton and Eli do on the same day is a record in the brother duo sense.

True. And in all fairness, a ton of picks from Eli is fairly common. Just made it newsworthy because Peyton also had two.

Peyton had 2, Eli had 5. That is a record for most picks by brothers on the same day.

Untrue.

11-11-2007 Peyton Manning threw 6 vs San Diego, Eli Manning threw 2 vs Dallas

Untrue.

11-11-2007 Peyton Manning threw 6 vs San Diego, Eli Manning threw 2 vs Dallas

So they have two records. :)

Peyton looks really off. Not sure if something is going on with his arm or hand but his throws looked really awful yesterday. He floated so many passes and never pushed the ball down the field. 

Think maybe at age 38 his arm is in big decline ? Happens all the time. 

Think maybe at age 38 his arm is in big decline ? Happens all the time. 

It's not every throw... if he sets up, gets his lower body into it, and really drives it, he's OK. But when he's got to unload it fast and can only get his arm into it, the results aren't as good. They were in a dome yesterday so nothing weather-related there. 

I'm not trolling here when I say he's really got to be careful with his receivers. His lack of arm strength is starting to make being a Denver receiver a lot more hazardous of a job than it should be. 

It's not every throw... if he sets up, gets his lower body into it, and really drives it, he's OK. But when he's got to unload it fast and can only get his arm into it, the results aren't as good. They were in a dome yesterday so nothing weather-related there. 

I'm not trolling here when I say he's really got to be careful with his receivers. His lack of arm strength is starting to make being a Denver receiver a lot more hazardous of a job than it should be. 

It's not trolling. IMO , if he was playing on an average team with average receivers , the talk would be whether or not he was returning in 2015. It is what it is and fact is he has little arm strength left. He is super smart but sooner or later age is the determining factor. And yes , I still remember those routes Collie used to run... ughh 

Peyton threw 3

He got Emmanuel Sanders "picked off" on that one play

Sanders forgot what he was doing on that hit

Peyton threw 3

He got Emmanuel Sanders "picked off" on that one play

Sanders forgot what he was doing on that hit

1 TD 2 picks

His arm is not the same anymore. Those wobbly passes show it, when he's under pressure he's really off.

Age happens. Not every QB is going to be like Favre and complete perfect bombs at 40 years old.

All 3 of the so called "elite" QB's have this problem. Brady and Brees rely on short passes too. Brady threw deep last night and got picked off. When Brees goes deep, he over throws everyone or throws an INT to a triple covered Graham.