Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We can't RUN the BALL and is the D that BAD?

Itsacoltthing

I have watched ever game this year and we can't run the ball. That will kill us against the good teams. We can't aspect Luck to throw for 500 yards a game. Is the O-line that bad? What's the deal with the D???? Chuck is suppose to be the top Defensive coach in the league and I've seen our D better in years pass. I begin to wonder if we need a Offensive coach to lead us like Bruce Arians. We've had Defensive head coaches for ever and we got 1 Super Bowl.

I'm getting bored watching our d play. They can't compete and just crumble. Terrible against the run. How do you win a super bowl if you can't beat the pats?

They can't win a Super Bowl either so at least there is that. None the less, signing all the ex-Giants hasn't worked for our little team so far.

Good play on the offensive and defensive line and a lot of these problems would magically fix themselves…

it's Coaching !! and for those who disagree then look at the Patriots... they lost thei long term Oline coach and redid their Oline and in a few games they have one of the better Olines in the league... they get into the 2nd level and pushed our Big Heavy D line around like they were in the prvios regime ...  

Bellecheck though I dont care for him and love the fact that jhe has won a SB since the spy gate has proven he is a great coach....they came in prepared... Gronk didn't kill us .. 1 Td and 71yards... Gray the RB 199 yrds  4 TD's 5.2yr/c... thAT kIlled us We Were OUT COACHED AGAIN

These players(at least in my opinion)don't believe in Pagano. Like myself, they probably all think he's a nice guy and a good coach, but he's not a great one. Pagano is not a leader of men and I think if we don't get it done in a year or two he'll be gone. 

This is the deal. This game is indicative of one thing that remains constant in Colts/Patriots matchups. Its belief. The Patriots just believe that they will work harder, hit harder, outplay the Colts every time they play. Even in the Colts victories, they usually come very hard fought, and very SELDOM do the Colts just kick the Patriots butt like the Patriots always seem to do to the Colts. Its mental now. No matter who lines up against the Colts, they turn into world beaters and look like Walter Peyton against this team because of a belief system that Bill B. instills in his team. There is NO way that this team should systematically destroy ANY Colts team, no matter who's playing every year unless its mental. The Colts hope they'll beat the Patriots, while the Patriots BELIEVE they will always beat the Colts. And that's on the coaching staff. Every time I see this going on, I realize that Bruce Arians is the ONLY coach that the Colts have had in recent years that can change their BELIEF system. Chuck P is a nice guy and all, but he has NO clue about motivation outside of the usual cliches. Hes trying his best and I wish him well, but he has failed miserably to motivate this team properly to perform at the level of greatness required to change the mindset of this team, The same teams that have owned us in the past STILL own us. Steelers, Patriots, etc. And these are the teams we have to go through. Trust me, the Steelers will be there at the end. And we aren't even competitive with these teams on the road and against the Patriots, at home either. So, although I see whats happening, if the team can understand that they don't have to fire any body or do anything drastic, they have to understand the power of the mind to do great things. Because that's the only solution to this beat-down the Patriots consistently give the Colts. The mental determines the physical. Just like Morpheus said to Neo in the Matrix....you cant think you are the best, you have to KNOW you are...believe. The Colts have got to let go of fear, doubt and disbelief.;-)

They can't win a Super Bowl either so at least there is that. None the less, signing all the ex-Giants hasn't worked for our little team so far.

for now... don't see anyone standing in their way in the AFC and wonder if there is anybody in the NFC... hope they don't win another one ... but they are looking very good