Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts-Patriots rivalry will continue in the future with Brady vs. Luck III

coltkingABC

Right, seems like the Patriots have had the edge over the Colts more due to playing in Foxborough. Patriots have only won 1 time in Indy but have played less there. Just a little uneven in my opinion if you believe in home field advantages.

You might want to re-read his post.

Total ice cream headache territory, trying to figure out the NFL scheduling thing! 

I get how opponents are determined, but home/away seems so random sometimes. 

2012, 2013 and 2014 - if both AFC South and AFC East had same division winners, AFC South will have home advantage and 2012 was year of entire AFC East division vs AFC South.

2015 - 2017, it shifts towards AFC East. Colts did not win division in 2012, so the Texans hosted the Patriots in 2013.

2015 - 2017, Luck plays at Foxboro while Brady plays at Mile High if Colts, Patriots and Broncos win their divisions from 2014-2016. 

Well he's fruity for sure. Am I supposed to care about that? 

I'd hardly call him fragile though. The only games he's ever missed were in 2008 when he blew out his ACL. 

If he plays like he plays, he can wear a wedding dress, high heels, and lipstick for every press conference, as far as I'm concerned. I really couldn't care less about the personal lives/choices of athletes. 

Lets not forget that Bledsoe won the AFCCG in 2001.

Honestly I don't get the rivalry thing....I mean when its one sided for the most part its hard to imagine the Patriots looking at us and saying that we are their rival. I think they look at us like any other quality opponent. No different than Baltimore or Pittsburg or Denver I believe. I think its only on our side *fans* where this exist. I'd imagine even the Pats fans on her if asked who would they rather lose to Jets or Colts not effecting standings etc would say Colts any day of the week. Fact is we are like little brother trying to beat big brother in a game of 1 on 1. Looking at the vs records over the years its hard for me to imagine this is a rivalry...not much back and forth...not like Dallas and San Francisco back in the day. Basically its just them ending our seasons so often that puts any real meaning into these games for us. To me NE is the measuring stick of the NFL. You measure how good a team you are when playing them....other than that...nothing more. Do you Pat fans even feel any differently about this game say moreso than playing Cleveland or some other random AFC team. If it wasn't for the stakes in the game for seeding I don't think these games would even register much for the players.

2012, 2013 and 2014 - if both AFC South and AFC East had same division winners, AFC South will have home advantage and 2012 was year of entire AFC East division vs AFC South.

2015 - 2017, it shifts towards AFC East. Colts did not win division in 2012, so the Texans hosted the Patriots in 2013.

2015 - 2017, Luck plays at Foxboro while Brady plays at Mile High if Colts, Patriots and Broncos win their divisions from 2014-2016. 

Yep....Peyton has had to play a majority of his games vs Pats in New England due to this set up. The early career when Colts weren't that good we had them at home then we went to Foxboro and got owned in those mid 2000s and then when both teams were getting pretty good we pretty well split the games home and home. Then later it was back to foxboro and then Peyton went to Denver and it was back to Foxboro the last couple years. Its a VERY tough place to play given the quality NE is and the great fans they have. For the most part home teams in those games have pretty well held serve...and when not much separates the opponents that advantage is often enough the deciding factor. I expect a good game Sunday night but I do believe if we had to go into Foxboro instead...I'm not sure we would have faired much better than Denver did a week ago.

He thinks just cause he's in the NFL he's a "beast" lol I know plenty of people that would whip Tom Brady

Brady took up boxing in the offseason to up his conditioning, etc.. He's 6'4" and weighs like 235 lbs of muscle, so I wouldn't think he's just some slouch if he had to defend himself.

I find the idea that people weigh their ability to physically assault somebody so high in today's society a shame though. You're basically saying "I'm really good at committing felony assault and messing people up!!!"

What a great life skill you have there. DDefinitely a skill to help progress our society forward!

Tom Brady has true power anyways... he could beat someone down without raising a finger because he has bodyguards that will do it for him.

Al Capone was a really short guy that wasn't physically intimidating, but he was more powerful than any 6'8" giant he would ever come across because he controlled an entire criminal underground empire.

Anyways, if people were as badass as they like to make themselves out to be, they would have a UFC contract making hundress of thousands or millions of dollars... but in reality they aren't tough enough to do that so they like to compare themselves to people that don't spend their time lifting weights and getting into fights, and instead actually spend their time productively learning important skills and contributing to society

Brady took up boxing in the offseason to up his conditioning, etc.. He's 6'4" and weighs like 235 lbs of muscle, so I wouldn't think he's just some slouch if he had to defend himself.

I find the idea that people weigh their ability to physically assault somebody so high in today's society a shame though. You're basically saying "I'm really good at committing felony assault and messing people up!!!"

What a great life skill you have there. DDefinitely a skill to help progress our society forward!

Tom Brady has true power anyways... he could beat someone down without raising a finger because he has bodyguards that will do it for him.

Al Capone was a really short guy that wasn't physically intimidating, but he was more powerful than any 6'8" giant he would ever come across because he controlled an entire criminal underground empire.

Anyways, if people were as badass as they like to make themselves out to be, they would have a UFC contract making hundress of thousands or millions of dollars... but in reality they aren't tough enough to do that so they like to compare themselves to people that don't spend their time lifting weights and getting into fights, and instead actually spend their time productively learning important skills and contributing to society

Not once did I say I could beat him or was going to in that post? .

You and the rest of the pats gang half butt read the post and say what you want to start % it's always when I'm not even talking to you to I'm quoting a fellow colts fan

Edited by Nadine
personal shot