Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Burley

OLD FAN MAN

Not sure how Price even is part of the equation he has been on the PS all year anyone could have him.

Gordy knows the D has some experience not sure having 2 UDFA as primary back ups on the outside would be a great move.

I liked the trade. It will look even better if Purifoy turns out to be a player. That is really who it came down to Purifoy or Burley. We kept Purifoy probably because of special teams value and potential to be an outside CB.

Really we wanted Burley or Purifoy as the primary back up on the outside? I think it was a pretty sound decision. They had to factor Toler's injury history in. There was a real chance we would have to start one of them for an extended period.  

It would be nice to have him as our 4th CB and yes, I definitely would have kept him over Gordy and Price. As we all know a 6th rounder is no sure thing and I doubt we will draft anyone past the 6th that will give us the value Burley would have.

Burley was an UDFA in his own right who bounced from practice squad to practice squad last year, so the Colts could find somebody with the 6th rounder or maybe not. Never know with late round picks

If they can find a random UDFA who can look good, then they can probably do it again. I'd take the draft pick. Also, I don't think it is much of an issue. Even if we had Burley we would have been wrecked in the Pitt game, and otherwise, we haven't proven to have needed him.