Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson Stat

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than Reggie for sure. A little below TY, but they're different types of receivers. 

I mean not even close. She said I couldn't find a single Colt fan to say Tate > Wayne. Fact is just the opposite.. you couldn't find a single Lion fan that would trade Tate for RW.

Meh, Seattle runs such a different offense with a lot of disguise and deception. Getting the ball down field is not their MO like the Colts so I would not expect his stats in this area to look great. Luck also has more picks than him which is the result of the down the field offense the Colts play. Risk vs reward I guess. That is why I am not a fan of cherry picking one stat. There is always a lot more to the picture.

To answr your question, no, Wilson's receivers are not that good. Even Harvin was more of a scat back, mis-direction guy vs a pure route runner. He has never had anyone close to TY or Reggie.

And Luck has never got to ride a Defense like Wilson nor have a run game with someone like Lynch sooo....

I mean not even close. She said I couldn't find a single Colt fan to say Tate > Wayne. Fact is just the opposite.. you couldn't find a single Lion fan that would trade Tate for RW.

I was talking historically/career-wise. Of course this year with Reggie being what 37? he is finally slowing down. Prior to this year it was Reggie hands down over Tate. Not one Colt fan would take an in prime Tate over an in prime or even 34 year old Reggie. He was your MVP in 2012.

This thread is not a comparison thread between Luck and Wilson but rather it's about Wilson's lack of production. AM you will lose this comparison battle 98% of the time, in general.

Perhaps you missed Wilson two games this season where he ran for 100 and threw for 200 in one and then ran for 100 and threw for 300 in the other becoming the first QB to ever both run for 100 and throw for 300 in one game. The guy does things that Luck does not do and vice versa. Not sure why there needs to be threads trying to demean him. All Qbs have their strengths and weaknesses. 

I can't be a fan of R. Wilson because he said with a straight face that Golden Tate caught that ball in the end zone against Green Bay when the refs completely contradicted each other. He plays with a lot of bravado and confidence, but sooner or later he gets RG3ed and his magic will fade.

I was talking historically/career-wise. Of course this year with Reggie being what 37? he is finally slowing down. Prior to this year it was Reggie hands down over Tate. Not one Colt fan would take an in prime Tate over an in prime or even 34 year old Reggie. He was your MVP in 2012.

If you meant that , you should have stated more clearly. Don't forget he missed 11 (counting 2 playoff games) in 2013. One more thing. It will be really interesting to me to see how RG3 does in the next year or two and will Kapernick ever rebound ? Seems like these QB's that use there legs and operate a great deal out of the pocket get figured out. Did you watch the Seattle Carolina game last week ? Carolina for the most part kept Wilson in the pocket and for 58 minutes he was terrible. Passes batted down and a lot of terrible throws. It was very evident that he was not the same QB when he had to consistently find his receivers from behind the O line. Then he is terrific in the last ditch drive for a TD that wins the game 13-9. So I guess we'll see. But some might say it was a good thing Seattle held Carolina to 3 FG's or that game would have been a blow out.

Perhaps you missed Wilson two games this season where he ran for 100 and threw for 200 in one and then ran for 100 and threw for 300 in the other becoming the first QB to ever both run for 100 and throw for 300 in one game. The guy does things that Luck does not do and vice versa. Not sure why there needs to be threads trying to demean him. All Qbs have their strengths and weaknesses.

Nope. Wilson's on my fantasy squad, I remember both of his good games. The 300/100 masterpiece was a loss by the way. The rest of his games have been mediocre to well below average, but who's counting.

Amazing to think he could win so many games including a SB in his second year to boot without being able to see.

How many passes does he throw down the field as a pocket passer really think about it next to none . From the pocket he tosses dump of passes and screens when out of the pocket is when he goes downfield . Seattle does a great job setting up a offense for him that plays to his strengths .

If you meant that , you should have stated more clearly. Don't forget he missed 11 (counting 2 playoff games) in 2013. One more thing. It will be really interesting to me to see how RG3 does in the next year or two and will Kapernick ever rebound ? Seems like these QB's that use there legs and operate a great deal out of the pocket get figured out. Did you watch the Seattle Carolina game last week ? Carolina for the most part kept Wilson in the pocket and for 58 minutes he was terrible. Passes batted down and a lot of terrible throws. It was very evident that he was not the same QB when he had to consistently find his receivers from behind the O line. Then he is terrific in the last ditch drive for a TD that wins the game 13-9. So I guess we'll see. But some might say it was a good thing Seattle held Carolina to 3 FG's or that game would have been a blow out.

I don't really put Wilson in the same group as RG and Kaep. He is a passing Qb first, run second. I think in fairness to him, you have to look at this Seattle O currently and find a legit threat in the passing game. No Harvin. No Tate. Not sure what Wilson is supposed to do really. You are right though. Guy is a massive competitor and finds a way to win at the end.

In terms of RG and Kaep, I think RG is still working on getting his teammates to buy in and that is huge. DC is not an easy org to play for with all the dysfunction. For sure he has the talent but I have never thought he was in the right place to succeed from day one.

Kaep is really interesting. I love his game but he has really struggled going back to last season passing from the pocket. I do wonder if all the media talk about Harbaugh and his issues with mgmt. is getting to him. He is just not progressing and the niners are in real danger of missing the playoffs. If I had to bet, I say he comes out of it eventually but if Harbaugh leaves then all bets are off.

I don't really put Wilson in the same group as RG and Kaep. He is a passing Qb first, run second. I think in fairness to him, you have to look at this Seattle O currently and find a legit threat in the passing game. No Harvin. No Tate. Not sure what Wilson is supposed to do really. You are right though. Guy is a massive competitor and finds a way to win at the end.

In terms of RG and Kaep, I think RG is still working on getting his teammates to buy in and that is huge. DC is not an easy org to play for with all the dysfunction. For sure he has the talent but I have never thought he was in the right place to succeed from day one.

Kaep is really interesting. I love his game but he has really struggled going back to last season passing from the pocket. I do wonder if all the media talk about Harbaugh and his issues with mgmt. is getting to him. He is just not progressing and the niners are in real danger of missing the playoffs. If I had to bet, I say he comes out of it eventually but if Harbaugh leaves then all bets are off.

I put Wilson in the same "group" as RG3 and Kap because he's really (IMO) is not a pocket passer. While he has very plays that are "run calls" , he is constantly breaking out of the pocket , busting the play and running or finding a receiver. I'm contending that he does this so much because of his height. He's just too short to consistently see the whole field from the pocket. So far he has mostly been able to be effective doing this. He often looks like the most talented kid in a Pop  Warner game. Zigging and zagging , escaping what look to be sure sacks. If you think NFL defenses will not be able to do what Carolina did for 58 minutes last week , then he can be an elite QB. It's just my opinion that he will lose a bit of elusiveness and NFL teams will get better at limiting big plays when he breaks the pocket. 

I put Wilson in the same "group" as RG3 and Kap because he's really (IMO) is not a pocket passer. While he has very plays that are "run calls" , he is constantly breaking out of the pocket , busting the play and running or finding a receiver. I'm contending that he does this so much because of his height. He's just too short to consistently see the whole field from the pocket. So far he has mostly been able to be effective doing this. He often looks like the most talented kid in a Pop  Warner game. Zigging and zagging , escaping what look to be sure sacks. If you think NFL defenses will not be able to do what Carolina did for 58 minutes last week , then he can be an elite QB. It's just my opinion that he will lose a bit of elusiveness and NFL teams will get better at limiting big plays when he breaks the pocket. 

He is running out of the pocket because his Oline is not great and no one is open. As with any QB, you give him protection and quality receivers and he will pick defenses apart from the pocket.

He is running out of the pocket because his Oline is not great and no one is open. As with any QB, you give him protection and quality receivers and he will pick defenses apart from the pocket.

If that's what you think , that's your prerogative . I'm thinking a good part of it is the reason he went in the 5th round instead of the top 5. QB's that are 5'10 -5 11" will have trouble getting balls batted down and often can't see the whole field. Do you think he hops in order to see over guys 7 inches taller than him?

1) Why do teams shy away from QB's under 6'2" That seems to be the number they always look for.

2) Wilson had great character , a strong arm , played against good competition and produced through college. Now just tell me which one of those statements is false and then tell me why he went in the 5th.

If that's what you think , that's your prerogative . I'm thinking a good part of it is the reason he went in the 5th round instead of the top 5. QB's that are 5'10 -5 11" will have trouble getting balls batted down and often can't see the whole field. Do you think he hops in order to see over guys 7 inches taller than him?

1) Why do teams shy away from QB's under 6'2" That seems to be the number they always look for.

2) Wilson had great character , a strong arm , played against good competition and produced through college. Now just tell me which one of those statements is false and then tell me why he went in the 5th.

He went in the third round not the fifth.

I don't disagree about his size but he really does compensate well. They just said on NFL today that his Oline has been ravaged with injuries and he was on his third center. His leading receiver right now is Baldin with just one TD and his number two receiver is Lynch. Ouch. I don't know. You can make it about his size if you want but that Seattle O is in big trouble and it is a testament to him that they are going for win #6 today vs the Giants.

He went in the third round not the fifth.

I don't disagree about his size but he really does compensate well. They just said on NFL today that his Oline has been ravaged with injuries and he was on his third center. His leading receiver right now is Baldin with just one TD and his number two receiver is Lynch. Ouch. I don't know. You can make it about his size if you want but that Seattle O is in big trouble and it is a testament to him that they are going for win #6 today vs the Giants.

Correct.. my bad. He was projected to go in the 5th by the * draftnics.

I guess just some days he's a "pocket passer" like you say. All I see today is called runs and lousy passes. BTW... his receivers have done a very good job of getting open. But usually that does happen when you have a guy like Lynch running the ball.

The only stat that matters is the ring....and currently he has a ring head to head vs the greatest quarterback ever.

oh i thought if russell wilson went 3 and out the whole superbowl the seahawks would have still won 16-8 .... he played average the whole playoffs and below average this whole season guy had 3 turnovers today to 0 tds misses wide open throws so overrated i hope the seahawks pay him 20 mill a year

I've said he's a nice QB but not an elite one that can carry a team with his arm. So now once again you twist and squirm and puke out nonsense when you are totally made to look like a fool. I've never , ever seen anyone post more ridiculous erroneous things in one thread than you have here. So when your made to look like an * with the 3 loss vs 3 loss statement you resort to once again twist something I said to something I didn't say. If you look back , I was never much into the Manning - Brady thing as I really could care less. FYI , I presently think only 1 QB stands above the top 4-5 and that would be Aaron Rodgers. Does that take "shine away from Luck ? Dunno and don't care. 

Here's a link where you can pull up things like % of pass completions on 3rd down . Pass % of completions in the 4th quarter. It's hard to get a direct comparison of Luck and Wilson because when you click on the NFL , it only list the top 20 and Wilson is not in the top 20 in a lot of categories. Pass completions on 3rd down and in 4th quarter are examples of this. I know your not very good at stats , so take my word for it that it doesn't matter how much you throw the ball. So here ya go...

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Passing&rank=045&year=

Why do people even bother to argue with you DW ? Like you said , Aaron Rodgers is in a class by himself. 

I guess just some days he's a "pocket passer" like you say. All I see today is called runs and lousy passes. BTW... his receivers have done a very good job of getting open. But usually that does happen when you have a guy like Lynch running the ball.

Yep. He stinks alright. He only put up 37 points.

1791d1348536119-any-one-else-think-spell

It's not spelling, using the wrong word changes the meaning of sentences.  And I would argue that one of the most important aspects of language is that words having meaning and those meanings are agreed upon (usually in the form of a dictionary).  Else, I could type

Fire get u highers jolted.

And you would not know if I insulted you or complimented you, or if you agreed with my point or disagreed.

Why do people even bother to argue with you DW ? Like you said , Aaron Rodgers is in a class by himself.

He sure is. Who would have guesses that Wilson would get his first ring years before Rodgers and rogers inherited a championship caliber team in his first season starting but then again Wilson won the starting job out of the gate from Rodgers back

Up while Aaron sat for three years working on his mechanics.

He sure is. Who would have guesses that Wilson would get his first ring years before Rodgers and rogers inherited a championship caliber team in his first season starting but then again Wilson won the starting job out of the gate from Rodgers back

Wilson didn't have a first ballot hall of famer playing ahead of him. Rodgers is by far a much better qb. Wilson is a runningback who sometimes throws the ball

He sure didn't do it from the pocket with his arm. He's what I said he was and I never said he stinks. What I said was he a very elusive QB that does not have a elite game from the pocket. So once again , you are putting words i my mouth. Not nice ...You on the other hand claim he is a "pocket passer." 

Do you think maybe being behind Fynn is a little easier path to staring than being behind Favre ? 

"LOL .. "HE" put up 37 points. The guys that ran for 250 yards and the receivers that were wide open ( he mostly missed them) had nothing to do with that. But OK... lets have it your way.

Lets see ... who would be the best QB in football ? Which QB has scored the most points ? Ahhh ....Andrew Luck has scored 290 points. 

Do you think maybe being behind Fynn is a little easier path to staring than being behind Favre ? 

No. Not for a third round pick, right? Not for a guy like you said projected to be a 5th round pick. And the Hawks gave up a #2 for Flynn and a boat load of money and he never saw the field.

Rodgers was not going to start from day one no matter who was in front him. His mechanics needed a lot of work.

Yes he is. Elite? No.  But not sure it matters when you compensate as well as he does outside the pocket. There are many ways to win at football.

No he isn't. He passes up/misses easy passes from the pocket to run around and create. Really, he isn't that great of passer period, but he is special at extending plays and running.

No he isn't. He passes up/misses easy passes from the pocket to run around and create. Really, he isn't that great of passer period, but he is special at extending plays and running.

I think if he had better receivers, it would be a different story. They were saying yesterday during the game just how woeful his WRs are and although there were open guys yesterday there was no reason to pass given the Giants run D was a sieve.