Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 11/06 RE: REad & REact

:blueshoe:   Earlier this season - when the Lions were in London to play the Falcons - RB Reggie Bush was quoted as saying that the NFL would definitely be placing an NFL franchise - AND - awarding a Super Bowl to London.

:blueshoe:   Agree or disagree - and - why ??

Not gonna happen.. LA will get a team before London.. why have a team in London?.. you could never have a MNF or TNF.. we would just be stuck with 630am games.. or noon games.. are players really gonna play at 1 or 2 in the morning to play in London?

If there is an NFL franchise placed in London down the road, does that mean a sister city in America will adopt it & exchange cuisine bets during rivalry games like Philadelphia sends them cheese steak sandwiches & England sends them fish & chips? 

I have always hesitated to comment on anything a Busch or Bush says.......from 

Bush_Addresses_the_Nation_on_Immigration

or 

kyle_busch-headshot.jpg

:sarcasm:  :sarcasm:  :sarcasm:

Nice play on last names there. Way to take a trivial Reggie Bush line & run with it Brent. Honestly, I can't see an American football team headquartered permanently overseas, but families stationed abroad would like it as a small taste of home I guess. NFL Europe run by Oliver Luck, Andrew Luck's dad, got dismantled so I don't see Roger Goodell green lighting this idea in the next 5-10 years personally. 

Does the audience have to yell "God Save The Queen" before we listen to the US National Anthem as protocol for a football team founded in London & is there a charter that must be signed along with a royal stamped seal that must be imprinted on paper before the new stadium can be christened or welcomed into the league like smashing a champaign bottle of wine for a naval ship's maiden voyage across her bough? Just messing around...

If a referee ejects a player from a game in London, are they subjected to the French Guillotine or forced to settled a heated argument in Parliament as punishment for the lapse in judgement on the field? 

Let them eat cake! Okay, maybe not. 

:blueshoe:   In my humble opinion - Reggie Bush isn't in any position to have personal knowledge of the NFL's future plans in either the USA - or - England.  Thank God.

:blueshoe:   I think the NFL will continue to stage games in London - because it is all about the "bottom line".  However - I do NOT believe that the NFL owners will agree to actually placing an NFL team in the London market full time.  After all - they OWN the teams that would ultimately be jet-lagging their players on a regular basis.  Additionally - the argument presented earlier about the early AM games and the inability for a London team to play MNF and/or TNF games is something the owners will take a serious look at.

:blueshoe:   As for the NFL awarding a Super Bowl to London - I would hope that the owners are smart enough to know that their product can be marketed overseas - but - they can't award the "big game" overseas.  After all - the Super Bowl is a NIGHT GAME in early February !!  

Additionally - NFL owners want to see the Super Bowl played in THEIR stadiums - not in a stadium "across the pond".  There are 32 US cities who WANT to host a Super Bowl - why send that revenue to London ????

If a referee ejects a player from a game in London, are they subjected to the French Guillotine or forced to settled a heated argument in Parliament as punishment for the lapse in judgement on the field? 

Let them eat cake! Okay, maybe not. 

You do realise that one of the main stereotypes for Americans over here (besides the morbid obesity) is that they're extremely self obsessed and arrogant.....

"What came first, the chicken or the egg? 

'MURICAAAAA'"

:thmup: