Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny O's Big Chance

oldunclemark

everyone (including me) assumes...The Colts will lose Sunday...

..so isnt Danny Orlovasky in a no-lose situation..

...He was 0-16 in 2008 with Detroit.. Indy is 0-11 and in danger of 0-16....

...NE doesnt have the greatest defense.....there will be plays out there he can make..

But beyond that...This guy has had a mediocre career and that's probably being kind..

Facing one of the biggest point spread gaps in the history of the NFL...not to mention defending MVP Tom Brady.. :brady: :brady: ..and evil NFL villan Bill 'Goldfinger' Belichek

Dan Orlovasky is four quarters away from being a true one night only legend of the game...

..(or he could be lose his job back to Curtis Painter Monday morning..)

Kinda like Rocky against Apollo Creed... :catfight:

everyone (including me) assumes...The Colts will lose Sunday...

..so isnt Danny Orlovasky in a no-lose situation..

...He was 0-16 in 2008 with Detroit.. Indy is 0-11 and in danger of 0-16....

...NE doesnt have the greatest defense.....there will be plays out there he can make..

But beyond that...This guy has had a mediocre career and that's probably being kind..

Facing one of the biggest point spread gaps in the history of the NFL...not to mention defending MVP Tom Brady.. :brady: :brady: ..and evil NFL villan Bill 'Goldfinger' Belichek

Dan Orlovasky is four quarters away from being a true one night only legend of the game...

..(or he could be lose his job back to Curtis Painter Monday morning..)

Kinda like Rocky against Apollo Creed... :catfight:

Rocky was rootable. Dan is .... dan. NE give up yards but not points. It's not a completely no-lose situation because if dan loses this game and then loses the other 4, he'll be the only qb to ever be on a 0-16 team twice. that's a lose situation imo. But you are right, "Dan Orlovasky is four quarters away from being a true one night only legend of the game...", if he can win he'll be remembered forever. I hope he can do it. This is more like an ant going against Godzilla. Still this ant has a chance!

Rocky and Apollo Creed were equals seperate only by will...

..agent...in the original..

Apollo was the champ..Rocky was slingin' meat down by the docks

Kinda like Danny 'o' sitting in his room by himself at the Holiday Inn while Brady chases his supermodel wife around his mansion...

Well it's not a no-lose situation, cause it doesn't make a differecne if Painter or Orlovsky starts, but if he doesnt put up good numbers against the worst pass D in the NFL, then he'll get benched before the game is over, or he won't play the next game.

Well it's not a no-lose situation, cause it doesn't make a differecne if Painter or Orlovsky starts, but if he doesnt put up good numbers against the worst pass D in the NFL, then he'll get benched before the game is over, or he won't play the next game.

Andy..you make it sounds all negative...

..if he;'s benched....well..hey he knows what that's like, right?

He's been there 6 weeks..what has he lost

..But dream the impossible dream.//What if he DOES put up good numbers......

..and aided by Donald Brown's 100 yards rushing...they beat the Patriots!!

If I was Danny O, I'd retire immediately after the game

Andy..you make it sounds all negative...

..if he;'s benched....well..hey he knows what that's like, right?

He's been there 6 weeks..what has he lost

..But dream the impossible dream.//What if he DOES put up good numbers......

..and aided by Donald Brown's 100 yards rushing...they beat the Patriots!!

If I was Danny O, I'd retire immediately after the game

Well if he does put up good numbers, he should continue playing, that's obvious. I was just stating what they should do if he doesn't perform well against the worst pass D in the league. Im not trying to make it sound negative. :)

Hey I cant relate to Peyton Manning...Millionaire superstar with a brother who's a millionaire superstar

My brother and I shop at the dollar store....probably in line with the Orlovskys

He might have been working there at the start of the year

We can all identify with a common man (and his numbers are very common) getting his one chance

..to pull down what would have to be the biggest sports upsets of all time....

If Indy wins Sunday...I can see it now..on the NFL Network

..'a Football Life "Danny Orlovsky'

(of course, it might only be a 15-minute movie..but its the thought that counts..

Dan just needs to get comfortable in a offense, he just needs 1 good game to get the graces of the team and he can progress, he prob be better than curtis to this point if was drafted in his place... 3 years to learn the offense, i think he throws the ball better, but has about the same brain for figureing out where to throw it and not get picked, and carve defenses.

So i dont think dan will throw many ints, he may throw 1 or 2 against this D, but i think he will move the ball well, make good passes along with the running game. but i have no idea whats going to happen when they get in the red zone, i hope they have some plays for that. FGs not going to cut it. At least moving the ball and holding possession if it ends up 50 50, for the first 3 quarters, will be good.

Dan just needs to get comfortable in a offense, he just needs 1 good game to get the graces of the team and he can progress, he prob be better than curtis to this point if was drafted in his place... 3 years to learn the offense, i think he throws the ball better, but has about the same brain for figureing out where to throw it and not get picked, and carve defenses.

So i dont think dan will throw many ints, he may throw 1 or 2 against this D, but i think he will move the ball well, make good passes along with the running game. but i have no idea whats going to happen when they get in the red zone, i hope they have some plays for that. FGs not going to cut it. At least moving the ball and holding possession if it ends up 50 50, for the first 3 quarters, will be good.

I watched chunks of several 2008 Lions games - hoping they wouldn't go winless. By that definition I was rooting for Orlovsky back then. At THAT point he had already spent as much time as a backup on the lousy Lions (never getting a leg up on an incredible array of horrific quarterbacks) as Painter has for the Colts. I can't say that I ever saw much to impress me. I can't imagine that three years of further inactivity has improved things much. This is a guy who has striven to be below average his entire career, and fallen well short. I'm not expecting much.

I watched chunks of several 2008 Lions games - hoping they wouldn't go winless. By that definition I was rooting for Orlovsky back then. At THAT point he had already spent as much time as a backup on the lousy Lions (never getting a leg up on an incredible array of horrific quarterbacks) as Painter has for the Colts. I can't say that I ever saw much to impress me. I can't imagine that three years of further inactivity has improved things much. This is a guy who has striven to be below average his entire career, and fallen well short. I'm not expecting much.

MAC..you really cant see how being 3 years older and having better receivers than he had in Detroit might help Orlovsky?

It s funny..when a guy is good..we always assume and anticipate that at some point he'll decline..

But when a young player starts off poorly...we assume that's it and he's just athletically foolish.

This isnt the 2008 Lions..I think we're better offensively than they were..

MAC..you really cant see how being 3 years older and having better receivers than he had in Detroit might help Orlovsky?

It s funny..when a guy is good..we always assume and anticipate that at some point he'll decline..

But when a young player starts off poorly...we assume that's it and he's just athletically foolish.

possibly, but not by a ton. he had calvin johnson don't forget who is better than wayne. but across the board i'd say we're better.

And yea he probably is better. But still it's the patriots.....with BB.......with TB and the third best receiving core in the game.....against our lousy d....

Dan needs to put up 30+ to win.

At least we'll see finally (Hooray for no more curtis!)

Personally, if I was Orlovsky, I'd kind of like this match-up. I'm basically a man with nothing to lose - the Colts are not making the playoffs and the match's outcome is meaningless. Furthermore, NE has a weak pass defense, so even if Orlovsky doesn't win the Colts the game, he can at least impress people with his numbers in comparison to Painter's.

Sure people can improve - particularly QBs. He did have Calvin Johnson, but my primary lack of interest in him comes from how incredibly bland he looked against 2nd/3rd teamers in preseason. Painter has been incredibly inconsistent, but he has had many many moments where you think "maybe there's something there". I've never seen anything remotely promising out of Orlovsky. You can only hope that he will be "not too horrible" in a Sorgiesque way (reminder of past tortures). You hope nothing bad happens, but you don't expect anything good to happen either. We'll see. I'll be rooting hard regardless of who the QB is.

possibly, but not by a ton. he had calvin johnson don't forget who is better than wayne. but across the board i'd say we're better.

And yea he probably is better. But still it's the patriots.....with BB.......with TB and the third best receiving core in the game.....against our lousy d....

Dan needs to put up 30+ to win.

At least we'll see finally (Hooray for no more curtis!)

It would be the biggest upset I have ever seen....

...and Ben Affleck would play him in the movie

You can only hope that he will be "not too horrible" in a Sorgiesque way (reminder of past tortures).

They at least won a game with Sorgi at QB. It didn't go down as a start for him because Manning took the first snap and then sat out the rest of the game, but they did win a game with Sorgi playing pretty much the entire game.

Lol. Dan still makes this year and has made more money than u probably have in your lifetime. All football players even the sucky ones make a ton more than us.

LOL Yeah...Unc has this man dateless, staying at Holiday Inns and standing in line at local Dollar Trees. All that is missing is some violin music. I mean just cause the guy sucks as a quarterback doesn't mean his whole life has to suck. :D

It's not the worst pass defense in the NFL. The Colt pass defense is.the worst by a fairly wide margin.

The Patriots allow an average passer rating of 84.1. The Colts 108.6

It's not the worst pass defense in the NFL. The Colt pass defense is.the worst by a fairly wide margin.

The Patriots allow an average passer rating of 84.1. The Colts 108.6

The passer rating is just one thing. The PATS are ranked 32nd in the pass defense, and the Colts are ranked 19th. Check NFl.com and all the other football websites. Get your facts straight!

The passer rating is just one thing. The PATS are ranked 32nd in the pass defense, and the Colts are ranked 19th. Check NFl.com and all the other football websites. Get your facts straight!

My facts are straight. I don't view yardage as all that important. Touchdowns, completion percentage, and turnovers are much more important and all are factored into the passer rating.

Let's put it this way.

Defense 1 gives up more yards than Defense 2 but Defense 2 gives up more touchdowns, allows a higher completion percentage, and gets fewer turnovers. Which defense would you rather have?

My facts are straight. I don't view yardage as all that important. Touchdowns, completion percentage, and turnovers are much more important and all are factored into the passer rating.

Let's put it this way.

Defense 1 gives up more yards than Defense 2 but Defense 2 gives up more touchdowns, allows a higher completion percentage, and gets fewer turnovers. Which defense would you rather have?

Not just passing yards, but other websites do overall pass defense, and they Pats still finish below the Colts...

Not just passing yards, but other websites do overall pass defense, and they Pats still finish below the Colts...

OK, The Colt defense is decisively worse in completion percentage, yards per attempt, touchdowns allowed, and interceptions. Exactly what part of an overall pass defense are they better than the Patriots?

The total yardage figures are skewed by the fact the Colt run defense is just as bad as the pass defense

OK, The Colt defense is decisively worse in completion percentage, yards per attempt, touchdowns allowed, and interceptions. Exactly what part of an overall pass defense are they better than the Patriots? The total yardage figures are skewed by the fact the Colt run defense is just as bad as the pass defense

Well that's because they have faced tougher teams than the Pats. Brees, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Newton, Schaub, Freeman, Cassel... all top 10 QBs. The reason why the Colts give up more touchdowns, is because of all the stupid turnovers they've had inside their 30, 2 of which happened in our first game. Completion % is due to the QBs they face. I mean the Pats have faced easier QBs than the Colts. Either way, the Pats are going to be the defense who have the worst pass defense out of all the teams the Colts have faced, and Orlovsky has a bad game, he's gonna be benched 100%.

Well that's because they have faced tougher teams than the Pats. Brees, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Newton, Schaub, Freeman, Cassel... all top 10 QBs. The reason why the Colts give up more touchdowns, is because of all the stupid turnovers they've had inside their 30, 2 of which happened in our first game. Completion % is due to the QBs they face. I mean the Pats have faced easier QBs than the Colts. Either way, the Pats are going to be the defense who have the worst pass defense out of all the teams the Colts have faced, and Orlovsky has a bad game, he's gonna be benched 100%.

Passer Rating of Opponents Compared to Passer Rating Allowed by Team

Colts

Brees 103.6

Schaub 96.8

Roethlisberger 92.2

Ryan 89.3

Hasselbeck 83.1

Dalton 81.8

Newton 81.1

McCoy 78.1

Cassel 76.6

Freeman 74.6

Gabbert 62.2

Average 83.5

Colts 108.6

Difference 25.1 (30% worse than average)

Patriots

Romo 97.5

Manning 95.6

Roethlisberger 92.2

Fitzpatrick 85.5

Campbell 84.2

Sanchez 80.9

Sanchez 80.9

Rivers 80.8

Cassel 76.6

Henne 76.3

Young 60.8

Average 82.8

Patriots 84.1

Difference 1.7 (2% worse than average)

This comparison shows that the Patriots pass defense is slightly below average and the Colts pass defense is dramatically below average

Passer Rating of Opponents Compared to Passer Rating Allowed by Team

Colts

Brees 103.6

Schaub 96.8

Roethlisberger 92.2

Ryan 89.3

Hasselbeck 83.1

Dalton 81.8

Newton 81.1

McCoy 78.1

Cassel 76.6

Freeman 74.6

Gabbert 62.2

Average 83.5

Colts 108.6

Difference 25.1 (30% worse than average)

Patriots

Romo 97.5

Manning 95.6

Roethlisberger 92.2

Fitzpatrick 85.5

Campbell 84.2

Sanchez 80.9

Sanchez 80.9

Rivers 80.8

Cassel 76.6

Henne 76.3

Young 60.8

Average 82.8

Patriots 84.1

Difference 1.7 (2% worse than average)

This comparison shows that the Patriots pass defense is slightly below average and the Colts pass defense is dramatically below average

Well yeah it doesn't help that you lose a game 62-7, but recently the Colts have done well in the pass defense. We did well last week, and vs the Jags, and we did well vs the TItans. They have been iffy recently, but they create turnovers, we don't.