Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on Asante Samuel & Pat Williams (merged topics)

coltsuser21

Why people think Hayden is good that dude sucks point blank and to think keeping him and not getting Asanti Samuel is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Powers and Tryon are the best corners on the team but keep getting hit with the injury bug and this team need some players that's gonna boost the chances to getting to the super bowl and that's why Peyton said what he said because he wants to win. Having the same philosophy and doing the same thing year in and year out is going to get you one thing playoffs and that's it.

Yeah, they do keep getting banged up. The problem with all this is that we have to rely on our CBs and safetys to make all the tackles on this team. Our defesive backfield really shouldnt be having to take on 6 foot cannon balls of running backs whos jobs are to take hits for a living. Our LBs and Defensive line needs to start stepping up and helping them out more.

Hidden

did u watch moss play? he can't run or jump like he use to...and he was a guy who depended on his athletic ability to be successful. and gonzo couldn't fetch a bag on chips in a trade...i mean what's next? u going to throw in mike hart to sweeten the pot?

i not even sure why the eagles signed mooshie-do. they traded for DRC and have samuel...don't they need the money to sign that punk deshawn jackson?

moss is the best reciever ive ever seen..still better than garcon and many teams #1..if his head is right and hes winning..hes still gonna b great!

so u think moss didnt have great hands?? and it was just speed and jumping ability?? man, moss had it all!!

thats y i said u start w gonzo and go up from there! (because u start w a bag of chips before u trade the sandwich, or future sandwiches)

mike hart doesnt play for this team!

now what were u saying?

when was the last time we were healthy @ corner...im waiting...yeah trade for asante

and ur also talking about how guys are supposed to be good that have never played n a NFL game

asante has 42 picks n his career

whos eating shrooms now..oh yeah me i 4got:}

I didn't say Thomas will be good or he is good, I just said he is supposedly good. I've read scouting reports that say he is a good man-to-man corner, but he is yet to prove himself in the NFL. Just because a good player is available, doesn't mean we should go after him. I think see CB as a need for us.

moss is the best reciever ive ever seen..still better than garcon and many teams #1..if his head is right and hes winning..hes still gonna b great!

so u think moss didnt have great hands?? and it was just speed and jumping ability?? man, moss had it all!!

thats y i said u start w gonzo and go up from there! (because u start w a bag of chips before u trade the sandwich, or future sandwiches)

now what were u saying?

key word is "had"...

now what were u saying?

Wow! Have you completely lost touch with reality? Moss is a headache, if you don't believe me ask the Pats, Raiders, Titans, or the Vikings(twice). He would detract from what this team does and once again, the last thing the Colts need to waste money on is an old, washed up, and whiny WR. Also if Polian called Philly and offered Gonzo for Asante, Philly would laugh theirselves to a stroke.

If Hayden wants to go, let him go. Never thought he, "that great" anyways, especially for the price. However that being said, it might be critical to bring in a feasible CB and I would have no problems with Cromartie or Samuel.

How does releasing Hayden save us $ also, wouldn't we still have to pay him???

Now that Peyton has taken a paycut, Session, Diem are gone and Hayden might be gone. The Colts will have to sign some solid needed free agents unless they're striving for mediocrity primarily on the defensive side. Looks like things might finally start to get interesting.

u think the pats r paying the full amount of haynesworth contract??

Shoot I read today where Fat Albert wasnt even able to make practice and they think its because he cant pass the conditioning test. Here we go again with the Haynesworth problems. Then when asked if Belichek thought that Albert even cared about playing football he just said Of course he does or he wouldnt play. lol. Then said I guess thats something you need to ask him.

Lets see 56 mil/ 6year = ummm = umm..... well more then 5 mil a year. yes.

$5 million/year is what they're asking for in return. That could mean they want a player (or a compilation of players) in the $5 mil/year range in exchange for Samuel. Probably cause they need the additional cap space to renegotiate DeSean Jackson's contract cause he's holding out. Or it could mean $5 million cash. I've seen trades in the past that were for cash, or cash was part of the deal.

I would love to get him and pair him alongside Powers as the starters. He is a good fit in a zone scheme and is a ball hawking corner which we need.

We should be able to afford him now if he is due around 5 mil per year since we are cleaning house with Diem and Hayden.

I would only trade maybe a 5th for him though if the eagles were expecting a trade for him.

The more I think about it, the more I doubt we cut Hayden and pick up Asante. If you do, then you're essentially using up ~$17-18 million of cap space for a single corner.

I think the much more likely scenario is that the Colts sit tight where they are, or pick up some cheaper talent.

The more I think about it, the more I doubt we cut Hayden and pick up Asante. If you do, then you're essentially using up ~$17-18 million of cap space for a single corner.

I think the much more likely scenario is that the Colts sit tight where they are, or pick up some cheaper talent.

We've already cut Hayden...

Hidden

It would be nice to see him on our side, but do we have the cash? Prolly not.

we are close..thats for sure..may b the reason we are shedding a few of these guys that ppl r saying arent making much (Muir, etc) but yet they are making double what an UDFA makes..u know what i mean..u add 3 of those guys up n u got an xtra mil 2 spend..may not sound much 2 alot of ppl but i think theyr gonna make a couple moves soon..DT and CB..may not b the names every1 is throwin out @ CB tho