Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to stop the Pats?

3nk1du

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can discuss the game all we want. I just don't care to run behind you in this labyrinth of moving walls, where your point changes every time someone refutes a claim. 

Bonus point to you for using "labyrinth" in this debate. :cheer2:

I was not aware that you were refuting anything. I thought we were just discussing.

You should be confident that the Patriots can beat the Colts because they're 7-2, and playing really good football.  As I'm not worried about the Patriots coming to Lucas Oil Stadium on SNF and beating the Colts.  You have 2 good points.  It will be very difficult if not impossible to stop Gronk.  He will get some catches and maybe a TD or 2, but Brady and Gronk isn't going to win the game by themselves.  When I look at the matchup I think the Colts have the better offense, and perhaps even the better defense.  I'm aware that the Patriots secondary is alot better but our CB's are as good as any in the league, our Safties have played very well besides the Steelers game, and during a primetime game @home you can bet energy will be flowing and our pass rush will be fired up.  I think we will cause more pressure on Brady than Patriots will do to Luck.

I agree Luck hasn't put on his big boy pants against the Patriots yet.  So it's about due, huh?  Don't think for a second Luck can't throw for another 300+ yd and  multiple TD game against the Patriots.  He has done it to about every team this year.  Don't hold Luck accountable for the playoff game last season.  He had a terrible game and still even put up big numbers.  TY is the only WR playing from that game, that will be in this matchup coming up.  He had a solid evening as well.  Now our WR tandem is the best in the league, and we have D.A. back, who is having himself a monsterous year. 

The Colts have the best offense in the league, and their defense is revamped also.  We can actually stop the run something that wasn't a strong point for years and the 3rd down efficiency is stellar on defense.  We hit hard and CB's are very good at intercepting passes.

I look for it to be a great game, and wont be surprised whoever wins, but I think the Colts will pull it out 37-33.

A few things...

First of all Indy has a great offense and an outstanding quarterback with an underrated defense so I don't want to hear any hate at all from anybody... now lets get to business..

1) Colts have a better offense than New England Patriots and Denver Broncos?  We all know about T.Y Hilton .. but my thing is how healthy is Reggie Wayne?  And is Coby Fleener a guy that can dominate a game the way Rob Gronkowski can.. I don't even think he could the way Julius Thomas can.. OLB Jamie Collins for the Patriots if I'm not mistaking pretty much shut him down and took him out of the game last season... If teams take away T.Y Hilton then who else can Indy use without the neutralization of Coby Fleener?  Trent Richardson (And I'm such a huge Alabama fan) so talented but yet so inconsistent, Donald Brown is better.  Luck, so talented and a dual threat but yet.. is prone to making mistakes and has always been a victim of Bill Belichick complex and exotic defenses.. what sucks for Luck right now is that the last 5 weeks the New England secondary has found its niche and has some top heavy defenders that weren't even present the last time Indy and New England met.. so Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty, guys like that are licking their chops to get their hands of a few balls thrown their way.. maybe even Jamie Collins again, getting into the mix.  Brandon Browner shutdown Julius Thomas vs DEN last week, and he wasn't even playing for NE the last time these two teams played, so he could be used the same way on Fleener, freeing up Jamie Collins to do damage else where.

2) Tom Brady torched a Denver secondary and defense that was a top a lot of categories.. and he did it in an explosive and decisive fashion.. hitting big play after big play down field, underneath, across the middle .. where ever.. Rob Gronkowski simply cannot be stopped and like Mike Ditka said "maybe the best tightend I've ever seen with all do respect to Tony Gonzalez, what Gronk does cannot be duplicated" .. which he will score touchdowns and make big plays.. that is a given, nothing anyone can do to stop.. as a matter of fact, a healthy Gronk through full seasons the last 5 years could have gave New England a few more Lombardi Trophies for sure.. You can bracket him, but the mistake that other teams have been making is not respecting the other weapons that despite popular belief have been beating one on one coverage consistently and easily the last 5 weeks.. guys like Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell and even Danny Amendola find ways to get open and move the chains on third downs.. Shane Vereen as well.. these guys are extremely smart, intelligent route runners and are versatile and are used in a variety of different ways in a multitude of formations and designs on the inside and outside.. and with Gronk, they will see one on one looks and will get open.. its just the way it is..

3) The return of the two tightend set to New England has been a great move of great success which makes defense play honest, which also allows for confusions in settings, snap counts and rotation of secondary and linebacker personnel for the opposing teams.. Now that you have to respect TE Tim Wright's receiving ability deep and over the middle, you don't know if he is going out for a route, or if Gronk is going to block for a run play.. and defenses press back on it because they are uncertain.. leads to big plays..

4) Brandon LaFell - has become one of the better receivers in the game, you can say what you want but the facts are the facts.. he cooked Aqib Talib a few times last game, and have been getting open against the BETTER cornerbacks in the game one on one.. so if he can vs guys like Talib and etc.. then no offense to Vontae, Vontae is the man but look out.. LaFell is big, strong, fast and smart and has good hands..

5) The Offensive line for New England is back.. plain and simple.. they absolutely MAN HANDLED Von Miller and Demarcus Ware .. Bryan Stork, Sebastian Vollmer and Nate Solder.. these guys have been playing out of their minds and have been mauling everybody.. and without Robert Mathis on the outside I don't see any penetration in this game at all, and you CANNOT blitz Brady.

6) My last point.. Brady.. The last 5 games, 120 passer rating, 18 TDs, 1 INT (of his receiver's hands), 69 Completion percentage, averaging 40 points a game, averaging 350 yards a game through the air, the four game stretch prior to DEN.. a 129.4 passer rating which was during that stretch, a league lead passer rating through 4 games, and has the best offense weapon in football period to throw to ..

Indy is an outstanding team, don't get it twisted at all I get it.. trust me so don't take offense to this post but the only way they will win this game, even at home is if they score AT LEAST 40 points.. if they don't I assure you, they will loose.. you may not like it, you may disagree but it is what it is.. right now New England's coaching, Bill Belichick, that staff, those schemes, that defense, that secondary, Tom, Gronk, Edelman those weapons, all of that stuff is a well oiled machine right now that's crushing teams man, just crushing teams.. good and bad.. Indy has to play their best game of the season to have a chance.. don't bring up Kansas City, Oak.. that's irrelevant this is a different team, different mentality and mindset and playing at a whole other level right now.. Indy will have to play their best to have a shot

:lol:  You Patriot fans are always really great at being narcissistic.

Our dynasty and fourteen years of NFL domination happened to coincide with the rise of the internet and the advent of salt-in-the-wounds mega  trolling.

It's who we are.

I wear it with pride.

"Brady's better! Brady's better! Brady's better!"

A few things...

First of all Indy has a great offense and an outstanding quarterback with an underrated defense so I don't want to hear any hate at all from anybody... now lets get to business..

1) Colts have a better offense than New England Patriots and Denver Broncos?  We all know about T.Y Hilton .. but my thing is how healthy is Reggie Wayne?  And is Coby Fleener a guy that can dominate a game the way Rob Gronkowski can.. I don't even think he could the way Julius Thomas can.. OLB Jamie Collins for the Patriots if I'm not mistaking pretty much shut him down and took him out of the game last season... If teams take away T.Y Hilton then who else can Indy use without the neutralization of Coby Fleener?  Trent Richardson (And I'm such a huge Alabama fan) so talented but yet so inconsistent, Donald Brown is better.  Luck, so talented and a dual threat but yet.. is prone to making mistakes and has always been a victim of Bill Belichick complex and exotic defenses.. what sucks for Luck right now is that the last 5 weeks the New England secondary has found its niche and has some top heavy defenders that weren't even present the last time Indy and New England met.. so Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty, guys like that are licking their chops to get their hands of a few balls thrown their way.. maybe even Jamie Collins again, getting into the mix.  Brandon Browner shutdown Julius Thomas vs DEN last week, and he wasn't even playing for NE the last time these two teams played, so he could be used the same way on Fleener, freeing up Jamie Collins to do damage else where.

2) Tom Brady torched a Denver secondary and defense that was a top a lot of categories.. and he did it in an explosive and decisive fashion.. hitting big play after big play down field, underneath, across the middle .. where ever.. Rob Gronkowski simply cannot be stopped and like Mike Ditka said "maybe the best tightend I've ever seen with all do respect to Tony Gonzalez, what Gronk does cannot be duplicated" .. which he will score touchdowns and make big plays.. that is a given, nothing anyone can do to stop.. as a matter of fact, a healthy Gronk through full seasons the last 5 years could have gave New England a few more Lombardi Trophies for sure.. You can bracket him, but the mistake that other teams have been making is not respecting the other weapons that despite popular belief have been beating one on one coverage consistently and easily the last 5 weeks.. guys like Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell and even Danny Amendola find ways to get open and move the chains on third downs.. Shane Vereen as well.. these guys are extremely smart, intelligent route runners and are versatile and are used in a variety of different ways in a multitude of formations and designs on the inside and outside.. and with Gronk, they will see one on one looks and will get open.. its just the way it is..

3) The return of the two tightend set to New England has been a great move of great success which makes defense play honest, which also allows for confusions in settings, snap counts and rotation of secondary and linebacker personnel for the opposing teams.. Now that you have to respect TE Tim Wright's receiving ability deep and over the middle, you don't know if he is going out for a route, or if Gronk is going to block for a run play.. and defenses press back on it because they are uncertain.. leads to big plays..

4) Brandon LaFell - has become one of the better receivers in the game, you can say what you want but the facts are the facts.. he cooked Aqib Talib a few times last game, and have been getting open against the BETTER cornerbacks in the game one on one.. so if he can vs guys like Talib and etc.. then no offense to Vontae, Vontae is the man but look out.. LaFell is big, strong, fast and smart and has good hands..

5) The Offensive line for New England is back.. plain and simple.. they absolutely MAN HANDLED Von Miller and Demarcus Ware .. Bryan Stork, Sebastian Vollmer and Nate Solder.. these guys have been playing out of their minds and have been mauling everybody.. and without Robert Mathis on the outside I don't see any penetration in this game at all, and you CANNOT blitz Brady.

6) My last point.. Brady.. The last 5 games, 120 passer rating, 18 TDs, 1 INT (of his receiver's hands), 69 Completion percentage, averaging 40 points a game, averaging 350 yards a game through the air, the four game stretch prior to DEN.. a 129.4 passer rating which was during that stretch, a league lead passer rating through 4 games, and has the best offense weapon in football period to throw to ..

Indy is an outstanding team, don't get it twisted at all I get it.. trust me so don't take offense to this post but the only way they will win this game, even at home is if they score AT LEAST 40 points.. if they don't I assure you, they will loose.. you may not like it, you may disagree but it is what it is.. right now New England's coaching, Bill Belichick, that staff, those schemes, that defense, that secondary, Tom, Gronk, Edelman those weapons, all of that stuff is a well oiled machine right now that's crushing teams man, just crushing teams.. good and bad.. Indy has to play their best game of the season to have a chance.. don't bring up Kansas City, Oak.. that's irrelevant this is a different team, different mentality and mindset and playing at a whole other level right now.. Indy will have to play their best to have a shot

This is all I have to say. We are at home and will hear Brady this, Brady that all week long and will come to play.

Darius Butler has the short area quickness to deal with Edelman, Gronk is the biggest problem. I'd almost be tempted to play Vontae Davis on Gronk and force the Pats to run and our DL has improved vs the run. Toler can handle Lafell. If Tim Wright plays, it is a give away that it is a pass play because his run blocking is not up to snuff and Tim Wright is not as good as Aaron Hernandez, at least not yet. Freeman can handle Vereen.

On offense, Dwayne Allen and Reggie Wayne will be the chain movers while Revis shadows T.Y. and Belichick does not like to blitz as much because that allows him to disguise coverage and pass rush better. One thing he does not have to worry vs Peyton is getting out of the pocket, which he will have to vs Luck. Also, Luck is pretty random about who he targets because our offense is not really a timing offense like Peyton's but an offense that is predicated a lot on the sandlot abilities of Luck. Different dynamic, IMO. If Luck does not turn the ball over and give Brady a short field, if it is a 60 minute game, I like the Colts chances.

A few things...

I didn't know it was possible to fit this much presumptuousness in one post. And that user name... 

1) By the numbers, yes, the Colts have a better offense than both the Broncos and the Patriots. And while the Broncos have better receivers, our offense is run differently, so a good matchup vs the Broncos doesn't equal a good matchup vs the Colts. And I'll ask you the same thing I keep asking, which you just glossed over: Who is going to cover TY Hilton?

2) The Colts secondary has also matched up better with receivers than the Broncos have. Again, matchups vary. Can't just say "Brady torched the Broncos, so that means he's going to be good against the Colts." The only no brainer advantage the Pats have is Gronk. I don't know what we're going to do about him. But while Edelman and LaFell have been productive, our corners will match up well.

3) I'd love to see the Pats try to use Tim Wright as much as possible. The Pats would be much better served to rely on Gronk and Edelman. Wright isn't going to beat us.

4) Already touched on, but Vontae is better than Talib this season. 

5) LOL at you can't blitz Brady. He's been far less effective vs the blitz. I don't think we're going to blitz him all day, but selective blitzing will be effective. Effective pass rush will be key, however.

6) Yeah, Brady's really good... I guess the Colts might as well not show up. (Meanwhile, Luck leads the league in yards and TDs, and has a nice cache of weapons to throw to himself.)

7) I'll give you a bonus point here: You're not in Gillette for this one. You can't rely on the biggest homefield advantage in the AFC. You can't use the wind to your advantage against a 38 year old QB. 

It's going to be a good game. I don't know how it's going to play out, and I definitely don't know how we're going to cover Gronk. If we can't pressure Brady, we're toast. 

But I think it's kind of comical that all of you Pats fans are taking up residence here for the next two weeks to tell us how great the Pats are, all the while magnifying the Pats strengths and wishing away their weaknesses. And then, on the flip side, you magnify the Colts weaknesses and minimize what they do well and the matchup advantages they have. It's almost like you have a bias. Feel free to continue to grace us with your "Football Knowledge," but I don't think you're even trying to be objective.

Our dynasty and fourteen years of NFL domination happened to coincide with the rise of the internet and the advent of salt-in-the-wounds mega  trolling.

It's who we are.

I wear it with pride.

Hey, you said it!

Short of knocking Brady and/or Gronk out of the game, I don't see how the Colts defense stops the Pats offense.  They are clicking on all cylinders right now.  If Colts win they likely have to win a shoot out in the 30 point range.  Luck simply must protect the football or its a wrap. 

Our dynasty and fourteen years of NFL domination happened to coincide with the rise of the internet and the advent of salt-in-the-wounds mega trolling.

It's who we are.

I wear it with pride.

If its all about superbowls, shouldn't it be "Brady WAS better"?

If its all about superbowls, shouldn't it be "Brady WAS better"?

Only scrubs play for Superbowls. We're in it for the stats (aka numbers on a piece of paper or website). I print them out and dance in the streets with 'em.

Not as heavy as a Lombardi and easier to wave in peoples faces. They're much more dynamic than a championship because I can manipulate them to do anything I want, while Lombardi's are so much more limited. Championships are what they are, but you can make stats be anything you want them to be. The possibilities are endless.

Only scrubs play for Superbowls. We're in it for the stats (aka numbers on a piece of paper or website). I print them out and dance in the streets with 'em.

Not as heavy as a Lombardi and easier to wave in peoples faces. They're much more dynamic than a championship because I can manipulate them to do anything I want, while Lombardi's are so much more limited. Championships are what they are, but you can make stats be anything you want them to be. The possibilities are endless.

Then in the last decade he is behind on both counts

Then in the last decade he is behind on both counts

But you're right about one thing.

If you don't count any of Tom Brady's Superbowl wins, Tom Brady has no Superbowl wins.

Of course, if you only count the years that he won, Tom Brady wins the Superbowl once per season. Pretty impressive!

But you're right about one thing.

If you don't count any of Tom Brady's Superbowl wins, Tom Brady has no Superbowl wins.

Of course, if you only count the years that he won, Tom Brady wins the Superbowl once per season. Pretty impressive!

Using that logic, Eli is one of the best ever

I didn't know it was possible to fit this much presumptuousness in one post. And that user name... 

1) By the numbers, yes, the Colts have a better offense than both the Broncos and the Patriots. And while the Broncos have better receivers, our offense is run differently, so a good matchup vs the Broncos doesn't equal a good matchup vs the Colts. And I'll ask you the same thing I keep asking, which you just glossed over: Who is going to cover TY Hilton?

2) The Colts secondary has also matched up better with receivers than the Broncos have. Again, matchups vary. Can't just say "Brady torched the Broncos, so that means he's going to be good against the Colts." The only no brainer advantage the Pats have is Gronk. I don't know what we're going to do about him. But while Edelman and LaFell have been productive, our corners will match up well.

3) I'd love to see the Pats try to use Tim Wright as much as possible. The Pats would be much better served to rely on Gronk and Edelman. Wright isn't going to beat us.

4) Already touched on, but Vontae is better than Talib this season. 

5) LOL at you can't blitz Brady. He's been far less effective vs the blitz. I don't think we're going to blitz him all day, but selective blitzing will be effective. Effective pass rush will be key, however.

6) Yeah, Brady's really good... I guess the Colts might as well not show up. (Meanwhile, Luck leads the league in yards and TDs, and has a nice cache of weapons to throw to himself.)

7) I'll give you a bonus point here: You're not in Gillette for this one. You can't rely on the biggest homefield advantage in the AFC. You can't use the wind to your advantage against a 38 year old QB. 

It's going to be a good game. I don't know how it's going to play out, and I definitely don't know how we're going to cover Gronk. If we can't pressure Brady, we're toast. 

But I think it's kind of comical that all of you Pats fans are taking up residence here for the next two weeks to tell us how great the Pats are, all the while magnifying the Pats strengths and wishing away their weaknesses. And then, on the flip side, you magnify the Colts weaknesses and minimize what they do well and the matchup advantages they have. It's almost like you have a bias. Feel free to continue to grace us with your "Football Knowledge," but I don't think you're even trying to be objective.

This is all I have to say. We are at home and will hear Brady this, Brady that all week long and will come to play.

Darius Butler has the short area quickness to deal with Edelman, Gronk is the biggest problem. I'd almost be tempted to play Vontae Davis on Gronk and force the Pats to run and our DL has improved vs the run. Toler can handle Lafell. If Tim Wright plays, it is a give away that it is a pass play because his run blocking is not up to snuff and Tim Wright is not as good as Aaron Hernandez, at least not yet. Freeman can handle Vereen.

On offense, Dwayne Allen and Reggie Wayne will be the chain movers while Revis shadows T.Y. and Belichick does not like to blitz as much because that allows him to disguise coverage and pass rush better. One thing he does not have to worry vs Peyton is getting out of the pocket, which he will have to vs Luck. Also, Luck is pretty random about who he targets because our offense is not really a timing offense like Peyton's but an offense that is predicated a lot on the sandlot abilities of Luck. Different dynamic, IMO. If Luck does not turn the ball over and give Brady a short field, if it is a 60 minute game, I like the Colts chances.

LOL when you said that the wind was in favor of the Patriots.. excuses when in the first half Peyton had the wind on his side.. smh and use that 38 year old quarterback crap lol.. but that same 38 year old QB has been breaking records and torching defenses before he got shut out of the endzone by the Patriots...

And putting Vontae on Gronk?  How tall is Vontae he is 5'11.. you are saying put Vontae on Gronk and force us to run?  So if Aqib Talib and other BETTER cornerbacks can't shutdown Gronk you expect Vontae Davis to just because Vontae is a Colt and you feel like he is the best CB in the game because you are a Colts fan and you are arrogant enough to say that he will shutdown Gronk?  Are you serious right now? ..

Darius Butler has short area quickness for Edelman to do with?  Guess who Butler use to play for?...  and I guess Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, Brent Grimes and other CBs he has beaten in the past don't have short area quickness as well huh? lol ok whatever you say

Now one thing I agree with is that Jerrell Freeman is excellent and one of the best linebackers in the league, that I agree with and Darius Butler has been playing well since being a Colt, particularly this season and Vontae is a top 10 CB BUT he is not better than Talib.. just stop.. nor does he have the size to cover Gronk, who destroyed Talib when Talib was on him.

And then you say by the numbers about the Colts.. I get it, Andrew Luck is one of the best.. that kid the sky is the limit but he also needs to limit his mistakes.. he is a top 10 most def, maybe even a top 5.. but Peyton > Luck, Demaryius Thomas > T.Y Hilton, ... who else Indy has?  Reggie Wayne ok, I'll give you that but is he the same? Right now Wayne < Emmanuel Sanders, Julius Thomas > Coby Fleener...

And here is an interesting stat.. whether in Indy or Foxboro  .. Luck has never beaten Tom and Belichick.. and this has to be the best secondary Belichick has had... Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty, Alfonzo Dennard, Logan Ryans, and Patrick Chung are playing out of their minds, they communicate well, play physical, smart, schematically smart, get hands on receivers, reroute receivers, play with great technique, and know each others strengths.. and are coached up well by Matt Patricia and Belichick, very disciplined.. they will bait Luck and abuse those receivers.. reminds me of Milloy, Harrison and Law.. those days except this secondary is younger ... oh and I'm sure Andrew Luck remembers Jamie Collins all too well.

I knew Patriots(*) fans were bad, but this guy takes it to another level.

And putting Vontae on Gronk?  How tall is Vontae he is 5'11.. you are saying put Vontae on Gronk and force us to run?  So if Aqib Talib and other BETTER cornerbacks can't shutdown Gronk you expect Vontae Davis to just because Vontae is a Colt and you feel like he is the best CB in the game because you are a Colts fan and you are arrogant enough to say that he will shutdown Gronk?  Are you serious right now? .

There are no better corners than Davis this season:

8g5bWPZ.jpg

season and Vontae is a top 10 CB BUT he is not better than Talib.

He is significantly better than Talib.

And then you say by the numbers about the Colts.. I get it, Andrew Luck is one of the best.. that kid the sky is the limit but he also needs to limit his mistakes.. he is a top 10 most def, maybe even a top 5.. but Peyton > Luck, Demaryius Thomas > T.Y Hilton, ... who else Indy has?  Reggie Wayne ok, I'll give you that but is he the same? Right now Wayne < Emmanuel Sanders, Julius Thomas > Coby Fleener...

This isn't how football works. There are such things as matchups. Just because the Chiefs beat the Patriots doesn't mean they have better offensive personnel than the Broncos (who lost to the Patriots)

And here is an interesting stat.. whether in Indy or Foxboro  .. Luck has never beaten Tom and Belichick

Here are other interesting stats:

Luck has played the Patriots twice. Both on the road. 

Tom Brady has never won in LOS. Therefore, based on prior history, the Patriots will lose /s.

TL; DR: Change your username. 

LOL when you said that the wind was in favor of the Patriots.. excuses when in the first half Peyton had the wind on his side.. smh and use that 38 year old quarterback crap lol.. but that same 38 year old QB has been breaking records and torching defenses before he got shut out of the endzone by the Patriots...

And putting Vontae on Gronk?  How tall is Vontae he is 5'11.. you are saying put Vontae on Gronk and force us to run?  So if Aqib Talib and other BETTER cornerbacks can't shutdown Gronk you expect Vontae Davis to just because Vontae is a Colt and you feel like he is the best CB in the game because you are a Colts fan and you are arrogant enough to say that he will shutdown Gronk?  Are you serious right now? ..

Darius Butler has short area quickness for Edelman to do with?  Guess who Butler use to play for?...  and I guess Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, Brent Grimes and other CBs he has beaten in the past don't have short area quickness as well huh? lol ok whatever you say

Now one thing I agree with is that Jerrell Freeman is excellent and one of the best linebackers in the league, that I agree with and Darius Butler has been playing well since being a Colt, particularly this season and Vontae is a top 10 CB BUT he is not better than Talib.. just stop.. nor does he have the size to cover Gronk, who destroyed Talib when Talib was on him.

And here is an interesting stat.. whether in Indy or Foxboro  .. Luck has never beaten Tom and Belichick.. and this has to be the best secondary Belichick has had... Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty, Alfonzo Dennard, Logan Ryans, and Patrick Chung are playing out of their minds, they communicate well, play physical, smart, schematically smart, get hands on receivers, reroute receivers, play with great technique, and know each others strengths.. and are coached up well by Matt Patricia and Belichick, very disciplined.. they will bait Luck and abuse those receivers.. reminds me of Milloy, Harrison and Law.. those days except this secondary is younger ... oh and I'm sure Andrew Luck remembers Jamie Collins all too well.

What a nonsensical rant...

I'm not making excuses for the Broncos. I'm saying that this is a different game with different circumstances. Just because the Pats handled the Broncos offense doesn't mean they'll just handle the Colts offense.

And please, Pats fans, stop pretending that Gillette isn't a huge homefield advantage. No AFC team has won in Gillette in over 40 games.

Talib isn't better than Davis. Join us in 2014. http://forums.colts.com/topic/32647-a-comparison-of-the-leagues-notable-corners-through-week-9/

I don't think we should put Davis on Gronk, but talk about arrogance... good heavens, just look at your posts. Also, Gronk didn't destroy Talib. Gronk had one catch against Talib, for 11 yards.

You can do a player by player comparison of the Colts and Broncos offense all you want, but just look at the numbers. The Colts have the best offense in the NFL, by several metrics. And better than Denver or not, it's a different offense. Again, just because the Pats matched up well with the Broncos doesn't mean they'll match up with the Colts, or anyone else, for that matter. It's funny to me that you'd like to just dismiss the Pats atrocious game against the Chiefs; that's convenient. Then you don't have to acknowledge that the Pats defense can be beat. Travis Kelce took you guys apart. You have to cover Hilton (which you can't, by the way), Wayne, Allen, Fleener and Bradshaw out of the backfield, all at once. Oh, and the QB can run... It's not a good matchup for you or for anyone else, which is why the Colts are the #1 offense in the league.

Lastly, I love this 'Luck has never beaten the Pats' thing that you guys are hanging your hats on. It's so shortsighted. Tables turn in this league all the time. And again, the Pats haven't had to come face Luck in Indy. But keep ignoring that homefield advantage you have.

Like everybody else said it's primarily about Gronk.  I don't see anything else in that WR corps of the Pats that we don't have the better matchup.  I think we are fielding a stronger defense(compared to other colt teams) across the board than any of the two games we played in Foxborough.  Both of the games we played in Foxborough we didn't have Greg Toler, nor were we as deep across the D Line as we are now. I think we are a pinch better at linebacker than we used to be as well.  Not miles better, but it's still an upgrade over what we did have other than Mathis.

I think we'll cause that O line more problems than they are expecting. Especially if we start stuffing the run like I think we'll do. I think we'll blitz Brady more than people think because of our secondary.  As long as we get the double or whatever it is we do to slow Gronk I don't think we'll be afraid to bring the pressures because those receivers aren't that special. We bought the blitz against Peyton, Roethlisburger, and Flacco so I can't see us stopping just because of Brady to be honest

As far as our offense goes I think it will be different than last year.  Luck didn't have the receiver corps last year that we have this time around. Last year there was no Wayne, no Allen, no Moncrief, no Nicks. For that matter there was no Bradshaw who basically can be considered as another wide receiver depending on the situation. Still think we are better equipped to run the football in this matchup than we were last year. 

If we are really attempting to run the football, Bradshaw and Richardson are usually good for at least 130. We just haven't been running that much as of late because everybody is stacking the box forcing Luck to pass the ball because they know the offense is virtually unstoppable if we get going with the ground attack as well.. Teams know once we get to running the football they may not ever see the football again.

Teams know once we get to running the football they may not ever see the football again.

Ain't that the truth... We have mostly dominated TOP this season, especially when we've been able to run the ball. It was 40:20 against the Bengals, and we didn't even force any turnovers.

Just the fact that they think they are going to walk into LOS and whip us is very funny!  I just do not believe the Pats are going to win that game. If this was played in Foxborough I would maybe take another tune, but  I think our boys know this is High Stakes in front of the home crowd.  I fully believe our Colts will come out for 60 minutes playing with the intensity of the 1st Colts vs Broncos game from last year.  All this stuff looks the same to me.  Everybody talked for weeks how the Broncos would come into LOS and whip us and we basically dominated them for much of that whole game.  You just can't convince me we won't play like we are set on fire.  I ain't promising blow outs because I respect the opponent, but I promise playoff like intensity and I am very confident our boys will pull out the Victory!

Just the fact that they think they are going to walk into LOS and whip us is very funny!  I just do not believe the Pats are going to win that game. If this was played in Foxborough I would maybe take another tune, but  I think our boys know this is High Stakes in front of the home crowd.  I fully believe our Colts will come out for 60 minutes playing with the intensity of the 1st Colts vs Broncos game from last year.  All this stuff looks the same to me.  Everybody talked for weeks how the Broncos would come into LOS and whip us and we basically dominated them for much of that whole game.  You just can't convince me we won't play like we are set on fire.  I ain't promising blow outs because I respect the opponent, but I promise playoff like intensity and I am very confident our boys will pull out the Victory!

My sentiment's exactly.

Short of knocking Brady and/or Gronk out of the game, I don't see how the Colts defense stops the Pats offense. They are clicking on all cylinders right now. If Colts win they likely have to win a shoot out in the 30 point range. Luck simply must protect the football or its a wrap.

We have the firepower to put up 35 pts and win a game along the lines of 35-31, IMO. There's no other way to win than to play enough keep away from Brady.

Talib was playing great for Denver all year but he was dressed down by the Pats ...

The only constant is Jack Del Rio and his schemes consistently failing vs Brady, no matter what personnel he has. To compound it, fax gate and Prater gate from Elway have progressively eroded the strength of that 2012 squad, which I felt was the best Broncos' front line in terms of pass rush but handicapped by Champ Bailey unfortunately.

Long time lurker here...

I think the best way for the Colts D to slow down or severely limit the Pats offense is just do what the Jets' D did against the Pats.  Pats might not have won that game if that was in NJ.  Now do that in Indy and the Colts have an advantage.

Colts need long sustained drives to keep the Pats offense off the field like what the Jets O did too.  Pats couldn't stop the run or stop a below average mobile QB in Geno Smith.  But in that game Browner was not in great condition and sucking air.  Now he's back.

I don't think the Colts can stop Gronkowski.  It would be harmful to the Colts if they tried to double team him.  The Broncos put TJ Ward and at other times Talib on Gronk and it didn't work.  The Colts don't have a safety as good as Ward.  You can say all you want that Davis is better than Talib but in all they're equal.  Hasn't Talib faced better WR's this year so far than David has?  Only corner who could cover Gronk in the NFL is Browner (6'3") and he's obviously on the Pats.  So just try to chip him and be physical at the line and try to disrupt his routes and crowd the center lanes.  Force Brady to throw deep.  Get penetration up the middle.

Double team Gronk and you leave Wright open.

Remember the Pats use Tyms and Dobson too if they think they can exploit the other team's D.

The thing with the Pats offense is Josh McDaniels will use different WR's for different games.  You don't know which package of offensive weapons you will face.  The offense used against Buffalo where they relied on Tyms down field and Wright at TE was a little different than what they did against the Broncos.

Colts could be seeing a Tyms, Dobson, Wright, Gronk, Lafell group.

This might be the toughest regular season game of the year for the Pats.  I don't know if it will be tougher than the Chiefs game because that was when the Pats didn't have Browner or Tyms.  Their offensive line then wasn't ready and neither was their D.  This is a much better team now than in week 4.

I give the edge to the Colts since they're at home.  38-34 Colts.

Long time lurker here...

I think the best way for the Colts D to slow down or severely limit the Pats offense is just do what the Jets' D did against the Pats.  Pats might not have won that game if that was in NJ.  Now do that in Indy and the Colts have an advantage.

Colts need long sustained drives to keep the Pats offense off the field like what the Jets O did too.  Pats couldn't stop the run or stop a below average mobile QB in Geno Smith.  But in that game Browner was not in great condition and sucking air.  Now he's back.

I don't think the Colts can stop Gronkowski.  It would be harmful to the Colts if they tried to double team him.  The Broncos put TJ Ward and at other times Talib on Gronk and it didn't work.  The Colts don't have a safety as good as Ward.  You can say all you want that Davis is better than Talib but in all they're equal.  Hasn't Talib faced better WR's this year so far than David has?  Only corner who could cover Gronk in the NFL is Browner (6'3") and he's obviously on the Pats.  So just try to chip him and be physical at the line and try to disrupt his routes and crowd the center lanes.  Force Brady to throw deep.  Get penetration up the middle.

Remember the Pats use Tyms and Dobson too if they think they can exploit the other team's D.

The thing with the Pats offense is Josh McDaniels will use different WR's for different games.  You don't know which package of offensive weapons you will face.  The offense used against Buffalo where they relied on Tyms down field and Wright at TE was a little different than what they did against the Broncos.

This might be the toughest regular season game of the year for the Pats.  I don't know if it will be tougher than the Chiefs game because that was when the Pats didn't have Browner or Tyms.  Their offensive line then wasn't ready and neither was their D.  This is a much better team now than in week 4.

Like I said, Tim Wright being on the field is pretty much a give away that it is a pass, so we can tee off on Brady, clog the middle and force him to thread the needle on the outside where I like our chances with our CBs. He does not have a Randy Moss outside with a big catch radius, so if we shake up his OL's confidence, everything else will be a ripple effect. Maybe we can tip some passes along the way too :).

No matter who the QB is, if you hit him enough times, his mental clock will speed up. Unlike Big Ben, Brady won't break contain as much and LOS will be rocking.

Long time lurker here...

Talib isn't as good as Davis. The receivers Talib has faced aren't any better than the receivers Davis has faced. 

The only constant is Jack Del Rio and his schemes consistently failing vs Brady, no matter what personnel he has. To compound it, fax gate and Prater gate from Elway have progressively eroded the strength of that 2012 squad, which I felt was the best Broncos' front line in terms of pass rush but handicapped by Champ Bailey unfortunately.

Demarcus Ware has taken Dumervil's place just fine, and they've added other players up front. That defensive front is better now than it was in 2012.

And McManus has been fine. Prater hasn't been anything special for Detroit.

Like I said, Tim Wright being on the field is pretty much a give away that it is a pass, so we can tee off on Brady, clog the middle and force him to thread the needle on the outside where I like our chances with our CBs. He does not have a Randy Moss outside with a big catch radius, so if we shake up his OL's confidence, everything else will be a ripple effect. Maybe we can tip some passes along the way too :).

No matter who the QB is, if you hit him enough times, his mental clock will speed up. Unlike Big Ben, Brady won't break contain as much and LOS will be rocking.

Wow, that post is all based on wishful thinking.

You're basing this all on believing the Colts' D-line will over power the Pats' O line.  What makes you think they will?  The Pats' O-line might be the best in the NFL the last 5 games.  What makes you think the Colts will blitz heavy?  For all you know they could rush 4 guys consistently and load the down field with 5 to 6 DB's when they sense the Pats will pass.  And what makes you think the Colts' DB's won't be called for holding and pass interference since the NFL has turned into ticky tack league thanks to the Colts' former GM Bill Polian crying to the league after his teams were soft and couldn't handle real man's ball?

The Broncos' D-line is better than the Colts' D-line and the Broncos weren't able to get to Brady.  DeMarcus Ware was shut down in that game.  Name me a team that has gotten to Brady consistently the last 5 games?  

Also, Brady's foot work is the best it's been since the early 2000's.  Brady is better at avoiding the rush and sensing the pocket closing than ever before.  If the pocket closes in around Brady he escapes and makes the throw on the run.  Of course he's not a mobile QB but those extra quick steps he's added to his game makes all the difference in the world.  Brady has been putting in extra effort to improve his foot skills.  

The funny part of your post is talking about Brady "getting rattled."  Brady knows not to take big hits.  Unlike Luck who is consistently getting hammered, taken to the ground and running for his life which could shorten his career.  Luck has a better chance of getting injured in this game and most games than Brady does.  And there's good reason why Big Ben is always limping and hobbling around.

I'll bet you Luck will be running around much more than Brady will be, which means his WR's are covered and no one is open down field and his O-line isn't protecting him.

Pats have a down field threat in Tyms who smoked the Bills secondary in triple coverage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RB6FsZG0-E

The Colts don't have the depth in their secondary as the Pats do.  And your safety with the 24" inch biceps can't cover.  So PLEASE, PLEASE put Davis on Gronk and leave Lafell, Tyms, Wright, Edelman, Amendola and Dobson to toy with the rest.

It's unrealistic and not accurate to base this game on anything resembling the Chiefs/Pats game earlier in the year.  It's almost as if these are two completely different Pats' teams.

Lucas Oil Stadium is cavernous and sound doesn't stay as contained onto the field as the old RCA Dome.  So tell Jim Irsay's son or daughter to jack up the heat to 85 degrees and turn up the fake crowd noise over the speakers.

You need to understand the reason why the Colts don't have 4 to 5 loses now is due to their very easy schedule.

A few things...

true

Wow, that post is all based on wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking... hah

Way to think on the negatives of the Colts and only the positives of the Pats.

What makes you say the Colts d-line won't overpower the Pats o-line? It's ALL speculation as of right now. You did see the Pats o-line the first few weeks, correct? What if they put up another stinker? Lol at the Polian remark, you really think it was only 1 person?

Just because Brady avoids big hits does't mean he doesn't take any. Which, by the way, if you get pressure consistently against any QB it will rattle them. Luck will be fine, as I'm sure you'll see. Him running away from pressure gives the likes of TY Hilton and Reggie Wayne time to carve the Pats secondary.

It's funny because Laron Landry might not even start. I don't know why it even matters how big his biceps are. You completely underestimate the talent in the Colt's secondary. Gronk is the only mismatch as of right now. I've seen what other Pats fans have posted on this board, general consensus is that Brady's receiving corps outside of Gronk isn't very good. One play by Tyms means nothing when it was against a completely different team.

LOL crowd noise. I can't even. I don't see how this has anything to do with much of anything. LOS will be loud, especially against the Pats, whom were the Colts nemeses for idunno, like the past decade.

Your last statement also is funny. #1 offense won't win many games, will it? haha I'm just gonna say you're vastly underrating the Colts and very seriously overrating the Pats right now. Both squads are very talented, it'll be a close game in all reality.

Any given Sunday, right?