Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning v. Brady XVI Movie

Fx Stryker

Breaking my "Vow" of silence for this week of Madness on here,  to say  Thank-You   FX for posting this.

This is the Way Everyone should view these two incredible athletes that have added so much to the game over the past decade or so....

A little Bronco heavy.... But pretty good.

It was a bit weird that the 400th TD and 500th TD were both with the Broncos and the 509 record breaker, to think that it is only his 3rd year felt weird to me. To me, by showing Manning milestones, it had an unintended slant stating that if you want stats, Manning has it. The tad bit of Peyton heavy nature of it made it seem like that was a subtle message.

Terrible. Very disappointing. Off-point and slanted. Contained very little footage from games where they actually played against each other. 

"Driven by each other". No, they aren't. That's stupid and both of them would agree.

Skipped over the watershed moments that brought them to where they are now. In the case of Brady, the vicious hit on Bledsoe. In the case of Manning, the vicious (illegal) hit he took from a Washington defender many years ago (2009?) that caused his injury, which in turn, led him to Denver. Strangely, the vid had a segment titled "Driven By Danger"......but it ignored the hit that injured Peyton's neck and the horrible season ending hit that took Brady out. Talk about an oversight. 

The dramatic music didn't pair with the appropriate footage to warrant such a boisterous soundtrack. 

Seemed slanted toward Peyton, mentioning all his milestones, while ignoring the numerous milestones and accomplishments by Tom. The vid seemed more dedicated to honoring Peyton's TD record than anything else. 

If someone intended this to glance at their respective eclectic skill sets and overarching careers, they missed the mark by a mile. You couldn't pay me to watch that crap again. 

Terrible. Very disappointing. Off-point and slanted. Contained very little footage from games where they actually played against each other.

"Driven by each other". No, they aren't. That's stupid and both of them would agree.

Skipped over the watershed moments that brought them to where they are now. In the case of Brady, the vicious hit on Bledsoe. In the case of Manning, the vicious (illegal) hit he took from a Washington defender many years ago (2009?) that caused his injury, which in turn, led him to Denver. Strangely, the vid had a segment titled "Driven By Danger"......but it ignored the hit that injured Peyton's neck and the horrible season ending hit that took Brady out. Talk about an oversight.

The dramatic music didn't pair with the appropriate footage to warrant such a boisterous soundtrack.

Seemed slanted toward Peyton, mentioning all his milestones, while ignoring the numerous milestones and accomplishments by Tom. The vid seemed more dedicated to honoring Peyton's TD record than anything else.

If someone intended this to glance at their respective eclectic skill sets and overarching careers, they missed the mark by a mile. You couldn't pay me to watch that crap again.

I actually agree.

Why so critical?  It was meant to be a promo to get you excited for the next Brady-Manning classic.  It wasn't supposed to be a documentary on both of their careers...

And you realize that the person who made it can only use the footage available right?  He (or she) isn't going to have every milestone TD for Brady, but since Peyton just broke the record, they've been showing all his milestone ones non-stop.  It was equal footage of Peyton and Brady, and it even showed each of them getting intercepted once by the opposing team.

Great video imo, and I appreciate the effort the creator took to make it.

It was a bit weird that the 400th TD and 500th TD were both with the Broncos and the 509 record breaker, to think that it is only his 3rd year felt weird to me. To me, by showing Manning milestones, it had an unintended slant stating that if you want stats, Manning has it. The tad bit of Peyton heavy nature of it made it seem like that was a subtle message.

The video was made by a Patriots fan lol.  Highly doubt that they were putting in a subtle message favoring Peyton.

Why so critical?  It was meant to be a promo to get you excited for the next Brady-Manning classic.  It wasn't supposed to be a documentary on both of their careers...

And you realize that the person who made it can only use the footage available right?  He (or she) isn't going to have every milestone TD for Brady, but since Peyton just broke the record, they've been showing all his milestone ones non-stop.  It was equal footage of Peyton and Brady, and it even showed each of them getting intercepted once by the opposing team.

I liked the video but do understand where Ruksak was coming from regarding the TD text . . . the maker of the video could of just use the stock footage of the throws without adding the text . . . Brady just passed 50k yards this year and there was no footage of that and a corresponding text . . . As the maker got stock footage of other plays the maker could have just use the stock footage of the milestone TDs . . .

with that issue aside it was a great video . . . well he did get the billing of the names backwards :) . . .

I liked the video but do understand where Ruksak was coming from regarding the TD text . . . the maker of the video could of just use the stock footage of the throws without adding the text . . . Brady just passed 50k yards this year and there was no footage of that and a corresponding text . . . As the maker got stock footage of other plays the maker could have just use the stock footage of the milestone TDs . . .

with that issue aside it was a great video . . . well he did get the billing of the names backwards :) . . .

We all realize the maker is a huge Patriots fan right? Just saying I don't think he was trying to slight Brady.

We all realize the maker is a huge Patriots fan right? Just saying I don't think he was trying to slight Brady.

pats fan no pats fan . . . slight or no slight . . . intentional or no intentional . . .

the premise, from what I gather, was showing the two side by side and juxtaposing their two careers . . . the citing of the text created a loose end that was not closed . . . it did not parallel anything from the Brady side of things, so it was confusing and unnecessary . . . which is the point Ruksak was driving at . . . point being not sure what the goal was by the citing of the text . . .

and from the horses mouth himself . . . that same question was asked of him and he failed to answer the question like he has on other questions (on his youtube page) . . .

Bingo ruksak! That was my whole beef with the video. There was no mutual respect paid to Tom Brady's accomplishments as a counter balance among QB adversaries. All the landmark achievements mentioned are 18's. I didn't see one milestone under Brady. It's about fairness & the creators of that video dropped the ball. It's fine to support either QB, but at least make a small attempt to showcase a few milestones on Tom Brady's end at a bare minimum. 

Yes, you can very easily. Can you show me 1 milestone listed for Brady in that clip? I sure as hades didn't see one. Everything in there was a Manning love fest. Let's be honest here. Who are we kidding? 

The premise of the video was to demonstrate a long standing rivalry among HOF competitors at the QB position, namely Manning & Brady respectively. The last piece of video is voice over work from Ron Howard's Formula One 2013 film "Rush" referring to how a rival can be a gift thereby bringing the best competitive juices out of you adversaries in the same professional field. Now, if you promise to show your audience what makes this NFL rivalry so legendary, why skew the entire perspective all in 1 direction unloading a mountain of praise on 1 side vs absolutely nothing on the other? Does that seem balanced to you at all? 

Your "documentary" remark is without any merit too because at least in a documentary we as an audience know that subject discussed will be small, but heavily detailed in focus & duration. There was virtually zero historical NFL praise on Brady's side. All we saw was Manning's number of touchdowns at different points in his career. Tom did not have 1 single, record setting NFL accomplishment listed. 

If the narrator is gonna promise a rivalry numbers wise, deliver it or do us all a favor & say nothing. The creator of that video gave us no mention of any Brady landmark achievements not 1. A rivalry usually requires at least 2 people otherwise it's a self indulgent video biography of no value for comparison purposes. 

Yes, I would have liked footage from the two of them against each other as we have 15 games now, almost a whole season. And also very few highlights of Manning in a Colts uniform. Didn't like that either. But still, the music was cool and it did get me pumped. lol.

Yes, I would have liked footage from the two of them against each other as we have 15 games now, almost a whole season. And also very few highlights of Manning in a Colts uniform. Didn't like that either. But still, the music was cool and it did get me pumped. lol.

I think you need to watch it Again......

There is Plenty of footage of the two of them against each other in games together, especially towards the end for the build up to this weekend's game.   And there is also plenty of footage of Manning in a Colts uniform throughout the video.

The only thing I might agree with, is the part about the highlights and records.    Not sure why the person that made the video felt the need to highlight certain milestones, and only those milestones of Manning,   but in the words of am    It is what it is   and he did accomplish those milestones as a Bronco.

Why is that good? I'm starting to feel like they could scribble Brady/Manning on a turd and you people would pay to look at it. 

It takes more than a Michael Bay soundtrack and illegally ripping a 20th Century Fox intro to amuse me. Nothing but a drawn out ESPN hype add with terrible footage selection and dramatic music. 

I already reported this video to Youtube for Copyright infringement due to the use of 20th Century Fox's name. That's how much I hated it. 

Why is that good? I'm starting to feel like they could scribble Brady/Manning on a turd and you people would pay to look at it. 

It takes more than a Michael Bay soundtrack and illegally ripping a 20th Century Fox intro to amuse me. Nothing but a drawn out ESPN hype add with terrible footage selection and dramatic music. 

I already reported this video to Youtube for Copyright infringement due to the use of 20th Century Fox's name. That's how much I hated it. 

C'mon Man......  lighten up.     I'm sorry that someone peed in your cheerios,  but  you need to relax.    It's a Video, paying respect to two of the best QB's to ever play the game. 

C'mon Man......  lighten up.     I'm sorry that someone peed in your cheerios,  but  you need to relax.    It's a Video, paying respect to two of the best QB's to ever play the game. 

There are literally dozens of Brady/Manning tribute vids online. Most of them better than this, with less bells and whistles of course. Sorry to be the hipster cynical guy, but this video only stood out to me because it was terrible. 

We do realize this is fan made right? Not a summer blockbuster?

yes ... however the person that made the video knew what he was doing . . . this is not some video by one hack fan that threw things together via some free video program they downloaded from the internet   . . .

the maker did a fantastic job with the video and I really loved the video and again greatly appreciated that you posted it . . . and the fact that he brought in the theme of the movie Rush, a competition between two race car drivers, really brings in the theme of two great HOF QBs playing in the same ear against each other . . .

then the footage that he showed and juxtaposed together, for example Brady breaking the TD record then showing Peyton doing it, them getting sacked, playoff TDs, and so on . . . the video is full of parallels between both QBs of videos paired together showing the same events in their careers . . . so bottom line the maker knows what he is doing with respect to taking care, thought and time to balance things . . . which makes the loose end of the text all the more confusing . . . we all know both have great records, to cite either and not the other (regardless of which he choose) is a lose end that is not closed or mirrored if you will . . . that is the only point that is being made regarding the videos . . .

yes it would be one thing if the maker did not know what he was doing . . . but it is clear that he is aware of what he is doing . . .

and again thanks for posting it so we all could see and enjoy the video to get more excited about this weekend's game . . . :thmup:

Just my :2c:  for what it's worth

There were  some good comments  going on in this  thread with Patriot fans and Colt's fans.

And, then along comes the usual spoil sports to add negativity and turn the thread and other poster's views around.

for instance:  one poster goes from:

great movie thanks for posting . . . it was very well done . . .

to:

it did not parallel anything from the Brady side of things, so it was confusing and unnecessary . . .

Amusing how he went from very well done to saying that portions were confusing and unnecessary.  

It is no wonder that a large number of very good contributors no longer bother coming here.

Everyone relax and have a cookie.

It was a good video featuring the two best QBs I've ever seen play the game of football. IMO both of them have ascended past the Montanas and the Marinos and the Elways. They've done it longer, they've done it better, and they are #1A and #1B on my list. Picking one or the other is splitting hairs. 

Anyone know where the line at the end ("a wise man learns more from his enemies than he does from his friends") comes from? These guys have almost symbiotic careers at this point. You can't mention one guy's name without thinking of the other. 

I was in my teens in the 80s for the Larry Bird/Magic Johnson, Celtics-Lakers rivalry. I remember when Larry retired... Magic showed up wearing a Lakers warm-up suit... with a Celtics jersey underneath it. One of the coolest moments in sports that I've ever witnessed. Brady-Manning reminds me a lot of that...

nfadxe2qy2tdc3z3ic9w.jpg

I think you need to watch it Again......

There is Plenty of footage of the two of them against each other in games together, especially towards the end for the build up to this weekend's game.   And there is also plenty of footage of Manning in a Colts uniform throughout the video.

The only thing I might agree with, is the part about the highlights and records.    Not sure why the person that made the video felt the need to highlight certain milestones, and only those milestones of Manning,   but in the words of am    It is what it is   and he did accomplish those milestones as a Bronco.

Thank you Gramz for saying that...What I bolded in red. You are without question 1 of my all time favorite posters on the forum because your are so thoughtful, balanced, honest, & funny. I love this rivalry & while I admit I'm rooting for Peyton this weekend, Tom is both well respected & feared by me because I know how dangerous that man is with the football in his hands and 45 seconds left in regulation. 

Everyone relax and have a cookie.

It was a good video featuring the two best QBs I've ever seen play the game of football. IMO both of them have ascended past the Montanas and the Marinos and the Elways. They've done it longer, they've done it better, and they are #1A and #1B on my list. Picking one or the other is splitting hairs. 

Anyone know where the line at the end ("a wise man learns more from his enemies than he does from his friends") comes from? These guys have almost symbiotic careers at this point. You can't mention one guy's name without thinking of the other. 

I was in my teens in the 80s for the Larry Bird/Magic Johnson, Celtics-Lakers rivalry. I remember when Larry retired... Magic showed up wearing a Lakers warm-up suit... with a Celtics jersey underneath it. One of the coolest moments in sports that I've ever witnessed. Brady-Manning reminds me a lot of that...

nfadxe2qy2tdc3z3ic9w.jpg

Your Magic/Bird comparison is a good 1 GP. It reminds football fans to just appreciate 2 football wizards at the top of their game & remember that these iconic moments of greatness won't last forever so just enjoy it while it lasts & don't take their excellence for granted. I hope that both Brady & Manning go into Canton together in the very same induction class too that would be fantastic in my book. 

Do we get to choose our cookie BTW? I'm partial to a peanut butter cookie with a Hersey's kiss placed in the center. Thanks GP. You  :rock: buddy!  haha

yes ... however the person that made the video knew what he was doing . . . this is not some video by one hack fan that threw things together via some free video program they downloaded from the internet   . . .

the maker did a fantastic job with the video and I really loved the video and again greatly appreciated that you posted it . . . and the fact that he brought in the theme of the movie Rush, a competition between two race car drivers, really brings in the theme of two great HOF QBs playing in the same ear against each other . . .

then the footage that he showed and juxtaposed together, for example Brady breaking the TD record then showing Peyton doing it, them getting sacked, playoff TDs, and so on . . . the video is full of parallels between both QBs of videos paired together showing the same events in their careers . . . so bottom line the maker knows what he is doing with respect to taking care, thought and time to balance things . . . which makes the loose end of the text all the more confusing . . . we all know both have great records, to cite either and not the other (regardless of which he choose) is a lose end that is not closed or mirrored if you will . . . that is the only point that is being made regarding the videos . . .

yes it would be one thing if the maker did not know what he was doing . . . but it is clear that he is aware of what he is doing . . .

and again thanks for posting it so we all could see and enjoy the video to get more excited about this weekend's game . . . :thmup:

Exactly Yehoodi, the creator of that video intentionally favored Manning over Brady. No fair minded person would dispute that fact. Now, if the creator had just removed that rivalry line or admitted up front that Manning was gonna receive the vast majority of the accolades at least I would have respected his candor. But, neglecting to do those things minimizes his final product in the end. 

I suppose 1 could make the argument that a quote from a Formula One racing movie has nothing to do with football too, but I can let that slide because sports is all about competition & the drive to win so on that level mixing different genres championship wise actually works. 

here another good video on Peyton/Tom story . . . enjoy all . . . just a note the shots of the players are a tad close . . .

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap3000000420405/Brady-Manning-A-Competitive-Drive

Cool video Yehoodi. I like that it offered commentary on both franchise side aisles not just predominately one biased side alone. Thanks for posting it my friend.  :thmup:

As far as I'm concerned SW you get your pick of the cookie jar, every time buddy!  :thmup:

LOL! Your aces in my book too GP. Thank you. I'm gonna be honest with you because I like you so much. I want Manning to be the 1st QB to win 2 SBs for 2 different teams & I'd like to see Brady get a 4th ring. 

I say both of those statements because I admire the tenacity of both men so much as well as their humility & I want Wes Welker to get a ring. The dude has played in 3 SBs; He deserves some bling man. Plus, I want my nephew Matthew to see a short guy win a Championship on the world stage. Matthew is short himself & I want him to see a real life example of a person's small stature not preventing him from doing something remarkable in life. Size never measures a person's determination nor does it forecast their success later in life. That's what I'm trying to teach him because sometimes Matthew's shortness bothers him. 

I often remind him that I knew a couple of vertically challenged guys in college that were very cool & confident individuals that moved to the beat of their own drum.