Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keeping Luck upright

lollygagger8

I was literally going insane at the amount of times Luck was getting blasted yesterday. The poor guy was on the ground constantly. 

Why were we not throwing slants, quick passes, screens, draws, etc more? Every time we threw underneath to Bradshaw, it would gain positive yardage. Yet we consistently kept trying to throw long developing routes and Luck would get blasted.

Luck was holding on to the ball too long quite a few times, but can Pep not figure out in time adjustments? I'm not saying fire him and put his head on a stake, but Todd Haley figured out pretty quick as soon as we started blitzing, they ran like 3 screens in a row and killed us with big yardage. 

With Cherilus playing like garbage, we need to do better at getting rid of the ball sooner.

Thoughts?     

34 points wins most football games.  This one is on the defense and coaches.  We did not prepare for the Steelers.  The team was off until Wednesday.  I do not ever want to see that again.

This was not on Pep at all.  The offense moved the ball all day.  Yes, this was the worst I have seen both AC and Cherilous.  Worlds and Keisel?  Really?  James Harrison?  Even Polamalu looked like he was 20.  :)  Head and Shoulders?  Or Just for Men?  :)

We got hit by the buzzsaw and a true 'Throwback day.'  Come back...prepare hard for the Giants and get healthy in the bye week....this was a good loss...we were caught reading the headlines....

Cherilus was horrible yesterday.  Quick slants, hot reads, etc.  Pep didn't deal with the blitzes.  We need to work on these for Giants game or they will blitz us to death.

O-line was decent in the face of that blitzing.  Ciao!

Talk to Joe Gilbert, not Pep.  Also talk to Luck on holding the ball too long.  And yes....Offensive line calls were not good.  Harrison?

I was literally going insane at the amount of times Luck was getting blasted yesterday. The poor guy was on the ground constantly. 

Why were we not throwing slants, quick passes, screens, draws, etc more? Every time we threw underneath to Bradshaw, it would gain positive yardage. Yet we consistently kept trying to throw long developing routes and Luck would get blasted.

Luck was holding on to the ball too long quite a few times, but can Pep not figure out in time adjustments? I'm not saying fire him and put his head on a stake, but Todd Haley figured out pretty quick as soon as we started blitzing, they ran like 3 screens in a row and killed us with big yardage. 

With Cherilus playing like garbage, we need to do better at getting rid of the ball sooner.

Thoughts?     

IMO, OL as a whole played awful. i dont want to single anyone out or point fingers on this one cuz everyone had their faults. One thing that irks me is the fact that pep knowing they were blitzing didn't feel the need to keep Allen or fleener in the entire second half to help pass protect. i mean i saw him a few times blocking but Man they blitzed almost every other play and even when they didn't blitz the line was still overwhelmed. i would have preferred to see better second half adjustments.