Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

now that we've had time to calm down a bit

CR91

N o COLTS fan can expect any success in playoffs with this secondary.A good qb will exit COLTS early with big passing numbers.Some peculiar calls by referees kept this from being complete embarrassment.im in a wheelchair and I think I could beat BUTLER deep

the secondary wasn't the problem

no pass rush was

even Revis can't cover for 8 seconds

lets take a breathe, relax, and focus on the giants on monday night

I really didn't read a whole lot of rants and raves , fire this guy and cut that player. I think most realize this team is a good team that should finish ahead of Houston . As far as a deep playoff run.. ehhh maybe but will probably need a good bounce or two. 

N o COLTS fan can expect any success in playoffs with this secondary.A good qb will exit COLTS early with big passing numbers.Some peculiar calls by referees kept this from being complete embarrassment.im in a wheelchair and I think I could beat BUTLER deep

Any team would suffer a drop off when their #1 CB goes down with an injury. Butler is a solid #3 CB who is good in Nickel coverage. But even Vontae would have struggled when there's no pass rush.  The defense couldn't stop the run or pass so they were on their heels all day long.  Can't play defense under those circumstances

the secondary wasn't the problem

no pass rush was

even Revis can't cover for 8 seconds

Ben tore us up with the quick passing game.. we would blitz after blitz and he got rid of the ball faster than 8 seconds. To let up 40 of 49 pass attempts and say the secondary wasnt a problem is down right crazy. There was zero passes defensed.. those 9 incompletions were either bad throws or dropped passes. Zero passes defensed is a problem anyway you look at it

Ben tore us up with the quick passing game.. we would blitz after blitz and he got rid of the ball faster than 8 seconds. To let up 40 of 49 pass attempts and say the secondary wasnt a problem is down right crazy. There was zero passes defensed.. those 9 incompletions were either bad throws or dropped passes. Zero passes defensed is a problem anyway you look at it

injuries attributed to our lack of pass rush. you cant cover forever. eventually someone is gonna get open

I'll give a little blame to the corners but no pass rush was the big issue.

Pittsburgh game plan was adjust to the Colts blitzes and it worked.

I really didn't read a whole lot of rants and raves , fire this guy and cut that player. I think most realize this team is a good team that should finish ahead of Houston . As far as a deep playoff run.. ehhh maybe but will probably need a good bounce or two. 

They were there. One guy said 'Andrew Luck just isn't very good.' And there was some stuff that got hidden because it was just trolling and inflammatory.

However, for the most part, people wanted to talk about the game, which is good (except that the game was bad, so everything was negative). 

Big picture, I keep reminding myself that this team is still just in Year 3 of a major rebuild. And while the rebuild is going well, there have been some missteps for which we're still paying (Satele, McGlynn, no first in 2014, etc.) So maybe we're not ready to make a deep playoff run against teams like Denver and New England, but then again, three years ago, we weren't expecting to be clear-cut division winners and already have two playoff appearances and a playoff win with this new group of guys. We're ahead of schedule, but the process still has to play itself out. 

I'm not writing us off, just to be clear. I look up and realize the Pats are still pretty good. If we win and they lose next week, we go into the bye in a second place tie with them and maybe three other teams. If we manage to secure a first round bye, it's not too unrealistic to see us get to the championship game. Then, anything can happen. That's with a team that's far from perfect, with our best defensive player not playing a down all year, and the majority of our major contributors still wet behind the ears. Not too shabby, IMO. Long way to go, still.