Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Steelers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Oh definitely.  I liked the ESPN guys too.  In the 90s, I'd get up at about the crack of 930, shake off a Saturday night hangover, then go to my brothers to watch two hours of the ESPN pregame stuff.   I used to watch Pardon the Interruption and that buzzer show on ESPN when they first came out earlier this millenium, but after about a year, I just got sick of the constant drama.   Since then, its almost always drama almost all the time.    Dude I remember as a pretty young little dude thinking how beautiful Jane Kennedy was lol.  I was probably too young to understand what I was feeling lol. 
    • Yep.  The old CBS show with Brent Musburger, Irv Cross, and Jimmy the Greek were better.  If you're old enough to remember that show.  They just calmly talked about the coming football games and lasted 30 minutes.   Now, I can't even follow what these shows talk about.  
    • QB                     Blocking TE   Enough O-line help to create competition and  give you a backup plan at several spots.  The starters need to win and earn their starting spots.     One smooth route running wideout, a technician.  Could we hit a 3rd and 4 slant for once?   Keep looking for pass rush.   Keep looking for a kicker.      
    • Yeah but we should have taken a TO.  Even Saturday admits that now.     I have NO IDEA how much FB knowledge DD has.  From my experience most talking heads  that didn't play aren't really very knowledgeable about anything even remotely technical about football.  Most guys probably don't know the difference between a 1Tech dlineman and  a 3 tech, most wouldn't know cover 2 from cover 3, or zone blocking or man blocking.  These are very elementary coaching concepts that any coach at any level at HS and beyond would understand.   Now it's not essential to have this specific technical knowledge to say something about a time out not being called.   MY WIFE, who trust me is no FB technician, was like "Why aren't they calling time outs, they have 3>"  Nickster JR, and I were like We don't know mom.   So whether or not DD "knows nothing" about FB or not, you don't have to be a FB genius to see pretty clearly they panicked, overthought, or were not prepared enough to call a TO after the RYan scramble.    Man I don't listen to any of that crap.  It hurts my mind.  All that bluster and staged drama on those sports shows, but that's what the people buy so that is what is sold.  I listen or watch very very little pre or post game or any sports media these last 15 years or so. 
    • Good thought on George Bremer podcast  today. Watch Chicago bears because Eberflus might have a couple defensive players on colts he might be interested for a move up by the colts. Also if Ballard is still the GM he has a relationship with Poles. So if Chicago ends up with that two pick that could easily be a trade up spot. They mentioned colts might want bears to keep losing and hoping fields doesn’t play rest of season.   Bremer and his podcast partner want Young. Bremer said something could happen where bears might even decide to take a QB and trade fields. Which he said is probably unlikely.
  • Members

• Nadine

Nadine 7,709

Administrators
    • Blueblood23

Blueblood23 665

• Nickster

Nickster 2,880

• Grewich

Grewich 3

Rookie
    • HungarianColtsFan