Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Steelers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

You've said not one positive thing since you've posted here. Yeah you must be a lot of fun to be around.

Well I'm flattered you've read all of my posts.

Absurd claim aside, I praised the entire team last week on a great overall team effort. I say positive things when there are positives to take.

51 points and counting? Sorry. I don't take much good away from that. Again if you want to settle for that be my guest.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hooray for your 1 every 2447.

And Luck and the receivers on a near weekly basis. And the special teams for continuing to play well. After years of being horrible outside our punters/kickers, they've come to play each and every week.

The team still has problems. If you want to ignore that and settle, go right ahead.

Colts suffered their third loss of the 2014 NFL season with their 51-34 loss to the Steelers. Colts have a chance to win their six game before their bye week, as they should put this game behind them, and prepare for their next game on the road with Eli Manning, and the New York Giants. Colts have an extra day to prepare for them between games. Colts still lead the AFC South, though. Until next Monday Niight for ESPN's MNF, GO COLTS!!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• To the bolded, yeah, probably. That's my opinion, it's probably biased by my own thinking on the value of the WR position and how good players can be acquired and developed, but I think there's something to it. I also think there's something to Ballard's insistence since 2017 that he values OL/DL, he values trading back, and he thinks there are good players throughout the draft.   I also think going back to the Polian/Dungy days, there's been a team building philosophy -- not specific to the Colts, but definitely something the Colts adhered to back then and have returned to since 2018 -- that emphasizes zone based corners. And part of the reason for that is because zone corners are less expensive and easier to draft. I think the draft value for zone based corner prospects tends to be Day 2 and beyond, which influences Ballard's draft decisions, and speaks to why he's drafted three corners in the second round. And that's directly to the point I was making in the post you quote -- zone based corners are typically found beyond the first round, the Colts run a zone based defense, and I think they probably won't draft a corner on Day 1.   Meanwhile, he's made four first round picks: two trench players, one QB, and one safety. Some might say the safety is an outlier -- it was his first year, still with a different defensive philosophy. That might be true, but I think safety is considered more important in this defense than corner.    I'm not necessarily advocating for this approach. I would love a WR at #15, depending on who it is. I just don't expect it.
    • I like Pat McAfee alot because of his personality.  He pretty much covers all sports and works very hard at his job. I don't gamble so I watch his show just for the laughs.  
    • Most teams with a young QB, give them the best chance of succeeding by adding talent around them. You can look at the past Qb’s taken and see this. From Burrow, Tlaw, Herbert, Tua, etc. These teams have added pieces around their QB to help ease the curve. Right now our receiving core consists of Pittman basically and we seen last year what happens if he’s out. You must get talent around the young QB to give him a chance to succeed. Let them grow together. We’re not making the SB next year anyway. 
    • The Chiefs also had the best TE in the game. That makes up for the avg. WR corps.  Back to the draft: I don’t disagree with your theory about this being a deep WR draft and a shallow one for D-line. My hope: Latu or Brian Thomas Jr. BTJ may prove to be just as good as the top 3, and is only available BECAUSE this is such a deep WR draft! In a normal year, BTJ goes much higher. And Latu could be the pass rushing demon the Colts lack. His injury history opens the door for a slide to pick 15. Either one of these guys in the first round and I’m thrilled for the Colts. 
  • Members