Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"The Draw Play" featuring Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Two of the three involve former COLTS....   1.   Anyone here remember PJ Walker?    The little (sub 6') QB who would show up at camp,  be our 4th string guy,  eventually get cut and go elsewhere...   Canada, or XFL or wherever.       Well...   not only was PJ Walker in the NFL this year (Carolina)  he actually played in four games.    Wait!   There's more!    He actually started one game, and, yes,  he actually won!       Here's PJ's profile page.   You can see as you scroll down.   Good for the kid.   Who doesn't like a feel good story?       https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/p-j-walker/logs/   2.   It would appear that the career of AQ Shipley has ended.   The former Colts center, who moved on to the Rams where he started and played well for them for a few years may be over.        Late in the season,  he suffered what sounds like a badly pinched nerve in his neck.   HC Sean McVey made it sound like he was done.   Gotta like a guy who wasn't blessed with much        talent, but made the most out of what talent he had.    Hope he enjoys a long, healthy retirement.       https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/25/a-q-shipley-may-have-suffered-career-ending-injury/   3.   Frank Ragnow, the Center for the Detroit Lions is now competing for a title I'm sure he didn't want to prove he's worth.   Toughest Son a Gun in Football.   In Week 14,  Ragnow suffered       a fractured throat!    In more than 50 years of following football, I have never heard of such a thing.   But wait!   It gets better!   Ragnow didn't come out of the game.   He played through it.        The only change was having the guard call the line blocking changes.   Ragnow couldn't speak.    He missed the next two games and didn't talk that entire time, and then played the last              game of the season.    During his time off when he didn't speak,  doctors told him he needed to protect his vocal chords to make sure he could talk for the rest of his life.     The next time            fans begrudge the players,  remember Frank Ragnow.        https://www.nfl.com/news/frank-ragnow-on-throat-injury-time-missed-focus-was-on-preserving-voice-for-the-      
    • Fair point.   No quibble.       
    • I could easily be wrong about this,  but I think you're high on Nelson, Leonard and Smith.    Maybe not by a lot,  but by enough that the Colts will have more money left than you think.   ***I think Q can pick the length of his deal.   I'm guessing he'll have the following options.  4/60 (15) or 5/80 (16) or 6/102. (17) ***I think Leonard is looking at roughly   4/56 (14)  5/75. (15) ***I think Smith is looking at                    4/50 (12.5)  5/65 (13)   The keys to all three deals are....   the signing bonus and the amount guaranteed at signing --- these two are often confused, but they are not the same.     
    • I'm not saying you don't need speed and/or power. I'm just pointing out college players rely on it too often because it works in college, but then find out without technique their not as efficient.
    • OK......      I'm not speaking to Basham at all.    Have seen zero film on him.   I was only trying to say that DL's using speed and/or power in the NFL have worked since the league began.    PLayers who don't with at least one of them typically don't last long in the NFL.    The ones who can win with both have long, successful careers.   More to the point, our whole defense is built on speed.   Especially on the defensive front.   Look at our DE's.   Houston uses both speed and power.    Autry uses both as he plays DE and DT.   Turay is a speed guy.   Banogu is a speed guy.   Lewis, is a bit like Autry in that he plays both DE and DT.    He's trying to use both to win.    We're trying to find DL who win with their first step.  Get even on step 2,  and pass the OL on step 3.       Do the D-Lineman need to develop better hand moves -- absolutely.   100 percent.   That's why Ballard says young DL often need 2-3 years to figure things out.    He just noted Jerry Hughes who didn't blossom until Year 4 with Buffalo.   We gave up on him too soon.    Sorry,  don't mean to belabor the point,  I wanted to read your response before I posted what I needed to say....   Thanks...  
  • Members

• Qcolts

Qcolts 28

• IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF 70

• ReMeDy

ReMeDy 406

• PeacefulEasonFeeling

PeacefulEasonFeeling 5

Rookie
    • NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 7,381