Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Colts Mock Draft

Well, if the Redskins lose out, Jax beats the Colts in week 17, and Minny beats Wash and wins one more, it could be the best possible position for the Colts and Skins to swap picks at number 1 and number 3 OA. Wash would trade the #3 OA this year with their #1 for 2013 and Ryan Kerrigan, their LB/DE rookie. The Colts would draft either the OT Matt Kalil or QB Matt Barkley at #3. Then get S Mark Barron at #33 and either DT Josh Chapman or Brandon Thompson at #65. Polian would draft a high graded Safety, good to above average DT, and the young pass rusher/LB they need along with solidifying either the O-line or finding a replacement for PM when he retires.

Well, if the Redskins lose out, Jax beats the Colts in week 17, and Minny beats Wash and wins one more, it could be the best possible position for the Colts and Skins to swap picks at number 1 and number 3 OA. Wash would trade the #3 OA this year with their #1 for 2013 and Ryan Kerrigan, their LB/DE rookie. The Colts would draft either the OT Matt Kalil or QB Matt Barkley at #3. Then get S Mark Barron at #33 and either DT Josh Chapman or Brandon Thompson at #65. Polian would draft a high graded Safety, good to above average DT, and the young pass rusher/LB they need along with solidifying either the O-line or finding a replacement for PM when he retires.

I would hope if the Colts trade the pick (which I want) that they would acquire much more than a team's first and third rounder this year, and the first the following year.. think we all have heard somewhere around 3 first rounders, and multiple early to mid round picks as well..

Fair enough.... we just have a different opinion of Brett Favre and thats fine.

I was using my opinion of Favre's example to contrast what I'd expect Peyton to do IF him and Luck wind up on the roster together....thats it. And hey....I could be wrong totally wrong about how Peyton would respond.

Now....let's forget about Favre and get back to arguing about who to draft 1st. :D

Who to draft first you say? RG3 I say. The kid obviously has the talent and the numbers to justify it. If Andrew Luck was not an option we all know that Griffin would be the first QB taken. As a current student at Kansas State University I have had the pleasure of watching RG3 in person in two contests against my beloved wildcats and I can say that he is undoubtedly the real deal. He can do it all and he really is a pass the ball first QB who just happens to have track stud speed. He would be a great option for the Colts for multiple reasons. First and foremost he would be willing to wait for the starting job behind Manning and I'm sure would learn a great deal while doing so. I say this with supreme confidence because I know for a fact that Griffin has said he would prefer to earn his law degree instead of going into the draft. Now it would be prudent for Griffin to have it made clear to him that he could get paid a lot of money, not exactly Luck type money, to learn from Manning for the next few seasons while he continued working toward his law degree. Why not? Is it a crazy concept? Why can't an intelligent individual like Griffin be on an NFL roster while working towards his law degree? Law school or no school, either way I do believe that RG3 could be convinced to come play in the NFL. Most importantly I believe that he could be convinced to wait and learn from one of the best to ever play. I truly believe that the Colts will be able to trade the no. 1 pick to Washington for the no. 5 pick and some other incentives, and be able to land Griffin with said no. 5 pick. (this based off draft projections as of right now). This would also allow for Indy to save some money and still have a great insurance policy behind Manning. With this saved money the organization can look at working on some new contracts for some of our key veterans that are scheduled to become free agents. Obviously this scenario also allows for the franchise to keep the face of this franchise where he belongs. #18 should finish his career in Indianapolis, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Who to draft first you say? RG3 I say. The kid obviously has the talent and the numbers to justify it. If Andrew Luck was not an option we all know that Griffin would be the first QB taken. As a current student at Kansas State University I have had the pleasure of watching RG3 in person in two contests against my beloved wildcats and I can say that he is undoubtedly the real deal. He can do it all and he really is a pass the ball first QB who just happens to have track stud speed. He would be a great option for the Colts for multiple reasons. First and foremost he would be willing to wait for the starting job behind Manning and I'm sure would learn a great deal while doing so. I say this with supreme confidence because I know for a fact that Griffin has said he would prefer to earn his law degree instead of going into the draft. Now it would be prudent for Griffin to have it made clear to him that he could get paid a lot of money, not exactly Luck type money, to learn from Manning for the next few seasons while he continued working toward his law degree. Why not? Is it a crazy concept? Why can't an intelligent individual like Griffin be on an NFL roster while working towards his law degree? Law school or no school, either way I do believe that RG3 could be convinced to come play in the NFL. Most importantly I believe that he could be convinced to wait and learn from one of the best to ever play. I truly believe that the Colts will be able to trade the no. 1 pick to Washington for the no. 5 pick and some other incentives, and be able to land Griffin with said no. 5 pick. (this based off draft projections as of right now). This would also allow for Indy to save some money and still have a great insurance policy behind Manning. With this saved money the organization can look at working on some new contracts for some of our key veterans that are scheduled to become free agents. Obviously this scenario also allows for the franchise to keep the face of this franchise where he belongs. #18 should finish his career in Indianapolis, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Its pretty cool that you got to see RGIII play...I like the kid alot.

If Peyton is 100% recovered, and the Colts have a high degree of certainty he'll finish out his contract....I wouldn't have a problem with them trading down and taking Griffin in the 10-20 range, although we need alot of other positions to be addressed and I'd hope that the trade down resulted in 2 first round picks.

But I'm pretty sure RGIII will be gone no later than pick #15 if he enters the draft....probably earlier.

I would rather have Griffin sit under Manning, after doing the trade down! It really depends what Washington would give up? Landry? Coefield? Orakpo? Kerrigan? Andddd multiple draft picks! Griffin is a Studdddd. Not to mention Peyton is my favorite player and Robert Griffin III would be sitting under him, and my first name is Griffin...coincidence?

Without trading down...

1st Round: Andrew Luck QB, Stanford (I don't want him, but the Polians do.)

2nd Round: Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

3rd Round: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

4th Round: Sean Spence, OLB, Miami

Don't watch a lot of college football so wouldn't mind some recommendations for 5th, 6th and 7th. If Minnifield has gone, pick Mark Barron?