Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

it finally happened

CR91

You know what fascinates me most about all these power polls?  It's why anyone cares.  They're totally meaningless. 

The NFL Channel on Sirius spends a whole show with some idjut discussing how teams have moved up and down during the week. 

I know they're getting paid for the segment, but I'm tempted to call up Pat Kirwan and ask him how hard it is to do that show and pretend it's relevant in any way.

You know what fascinates me most about all these power polls? It's why anyone cares. They're totally meaningless.

The NFL Channel on Sirius spends a whole show with some idjut discussing how teams have moved up and down during the week.

I know they're getting paid for the segment, but I'm tempted to call up Pat Kirwan and ask him how hard it is to do that show and pretend it's relevant in any way.

Yeah they are meaningless but they are very entertaining and that's what it's all about.

You know what fascinates me most about all these power polls?  It's why anyone cares.  They're totally meaningless. 

This made me really laugh :)  Thank you now I've got my ab workout for the day

Don't you know SMonroe... they are only meaningless when they disagree with my viewpoint... once they agree with my viewpoint then they are validation. :eek:

It's nice to know your team is getting attention for it's good play. . . that's about it.

But I still love the fact that wins and losses alone, not subjective rankings determine a team's ability to make the playoffs and win a championship.

It's nice to know your team is getting attention for it's good play. . . that's about it.

But I still love the fact that wins and losses alone, not subjective rankings determine a team's ability to make the playoffs and win a championship.

Right. No computers, coaches poll, or 12/13 people deciding who's going to be in the playoffs.

I love it!  And yes, these rankings are meaningless.  But like I mentioned in the thread about stats, even though only wins and the SB count, I still want to see this team ranked number 1 in everything!!!  Call me greedy.