Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck v manning (Merge)

rockywoj

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad we can stop talking Luck vs RG III, Luck vs Tannehill, Luck vs Wilson, etc.

I'm ready to start talking Luck vs Manning, Luck vs Rogers, and Luck vs Brees.

Unfortunately I think the Luck vs. Wilson debate is far from over.

I still hear Wilson's name before Luck in the MVP race.

Ehh he only gets like 4 or 5 a year generally.

I think Manning will end up with more.

I don't think Luck will be too far behind manning in pass TDs maybe like 3-5 behind so hopefully Luck adds a couple more rushing to overtake him. That would be the only way I can see Luck having more

Unfortunately I think the Luck vs. Wilson debate is far from over.

I still hear Wilson's name before Luck in the MVP race.

It is far from over, but there's no way Wilson is in front of Luck, unless you're speaking nonsense.  Whoever's words you heard that come from probably hasn't watched the Colts enough this year!

It is far from over, but there's no way Wilson is in front of Luck, unless you're speaking nonsense. Whoever's words you heard that come from probably hasn't watched the Colts enough this year!

Yeah, I don't understand this crazy love for Wilson. Even when Wilson has an average game, all you hear is how Wilson makes all the right decisions. The fact is when the Seattle defense plays well, they win. When they don't, they lose. I just don't think Wilson has a huge impact. So how can a guy who doesn't have an impact be the MVP?

It's a media thing I think.  Just to hype up the NFL.  I do think Russell Wilson is very talented and can make things happen.  Youre right Seattle's defense does bail him out alot, Lynch makes him look good also. 

I wouldn't even consider Wilson #2 on the list of "Best QB of the New Aged Era".  That should go to Cam Newton.  I would rate RW even with Kaepernick to be honest.

As for MVP he isn't even in my top 5! 

One has to get to the SB first and that isn't going to happen this year.

How do you know that isn't going to happen this year??  The way we are playing right now, anything is possible, the sky is the limit, and that includes the SB !!!

How do you know that isn't going to happen this year??  The way we are playing right now, anything is possible, the sky is the limit, and that includes the SB !!!

Three of our wins are against the AFC South. If you discount those wins, we are 2-2 versus the league. The Colts will make the playoffs but they will most likely be beaten in the first round. I am rooting for you to be right. I no more know that they aren't going to the SB than you know that they are. I just try to keep at least one toe on the ground but I can't always do that either ;-)

Three of our wins are against the AFC South. If you discount those wins, we are 2-2 versus the league. The Colts will make the playoffs but they will most likely be beaten in the first round. I am rooting for you to be right. I no more know that they aren't going to the SB than you know that they are. I just try to keep at least one toe on the ground but I can't always do that either ;-)

what about the other 2 wins?  the domination of baltimore and cincy, 2 expected playoff teams and the 2 teams likely to battle it out to win the afc north?  

He's turned a little corner I think and will probably hold onto his job now but yeah certainly not in the Wilson/Luck tier (out of the 2012 class I think it's safe to say they stand alone)

oh I think it's safe to say I disagree with that :P  I definitely put Foles in there as well.

what about the other 2 wins?  the domination of baltimore and cincy, 2 expected playoff teams and the 2 teams likely to battle it out to win the afc north?  

Good wins for sure. But the big reason we make the playoffs is the results in the division. I expect us to lose at least three more games outside the division so we could finish 11-5 but take out the sissy division wins and we are only 5-5 against the rest of the league. There is nothing wrong with those wins but those game are propelling us into the playoffs and padding the stats.

Ill play your card... Discount those division wins and my rebuttle is our two losses are against Denver and Philidelphia (7 pts or less.  Refs screwed us against PHI and we shot ourselves in the foot against DEN).  They're 2 other teams in the top 5, so in that instance we are undefeated.  How cant we go to the SB again?