Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our complete, and utter dominance...

The Peytonator

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but I'm giddy as a school girl about how good this team has been on all three sides of the ball. Not only that, but coaching has been excellent this year with just the right amount of aggressive decision making. 

This is where we rank in the league in the following categories...

Yards/game - 1

Points/game - 2...half point behind Denver

Defensive yards/game - 3

Defensive points/game - 4

Sacks - tied at 3

Passes defended - 2

Takeaways - tied at 5

Time of possession - 1

Kick return average - 5....with Griff Whalen

Field goal percentage - tied at 1

Net punt average - 2

Onside kicks recovered - 1

What I really love is how everyone plays off of each other, they trust each other. This is a truly special team. 

I expect a few of these categories have since changed!

Have to complete the sentence...

Our complete, and utter dominance is a farce.

I don't know what else to say, other than we aren't who we thought we are (were).  Is this the end of the season, absolutely not.  Clearly though, we need a lot of work before we become a Superbowl contender.  We need a good defense to win the championship, but yesterday shows us we are not there.

Is the cure better coaching, or better players, or both?  Coaches and players don't grow on trees, so hopefully our current crew can learn from their mistakes (there were a lot of them) and improve.  The team was not ready to play yesterday, that was on the coaches.  Their were way too many blown coverages, that was on the defense.  The offense still put up 34 points, but the O-Line completely stunk, so there's room for improvement there too.

We should beat the Giants next week, but after yesterday's debacle, how can we know with confidence which team will show up?  I haven't picked a winner on Colts games for the last three weeks, because I had a feeling we are on the cusp of greatness or destruction...on the razor's edge so to speak.

Anyway, these are my thoughts this morning....agree with me, disagree...I don't really care.  It's how I today - the end.

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but I'm giddy as a school girl...

What I really love is how everyone plays off of each other, they trust each other. This is a truly special team. 

hehehe...

That was bad Sunday... but I wouldn't put any more on that loss than I would on any one win. That game didn't decide anything, that game doesn't "mean" anything. It's just a game. An opportunity to learn & an opportunity to get better. That's what it's all about. Lose by 1, lose by 20... it's just one game. 

Now if it happens again... 

But what about Arizona then? They have 2 good wins over San Fran and San Diego (Both at home mind you, their game vs Dallas is @Dallas). The rest of the teams they have played are very subpar, this isn't the same Dallas team as years past, they aren't going to fall apart or go away, I can guarantee that. 

I think with romo hurt, it kind of changes things now, especially against a very physical cardinal defense who is number 3 in the NFL vs the run in holding opponents to an avg of 77.9 yards a game. this game will be where Murray's 100 yard game streak will come to an end.

One game against the steelers does not negate the previous 5 games

It does however bring things back to reality....That reality being that we beat :

Jags: young bad team right now but does have talent if it ever comes together...But currently again bad team

Titans: They don't even know who there QB is week to week anymore...They have talent however but young....Bad team

Texans: Good pieces without question...But Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB

Bengals: Quality team when healthy...We however did not see them with there top 2 wr's and they have struggled to run the ball

None of what I say here is to mean that we did not earn those wins of course...not what I am saying at all......But I think the reality is that we are an ascending team....Just not quite there yet...Offensively I think we can hang with anyone...Including Brady and the Pats and Manning and the Broncos...But defensively as we saw we have a long way to go...All it took was Vontae going down and our defense crashed and burned...Have to improve that secondary and pass rush if we want to make it to the next level

It does however bring things back to reality....That reality being that we beat :

Jags: young bad team right now but does have talent if it ever comes together...But currently again bad team

Titans: They don't even know who there QB is week to week anymore...They have talent however but young....Bad team

Texans: Good pieces without question...But Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB

Bengals: Quality team when healthy...We however did not see them with there top 2 wr's and they have struggled to run the ball

None of what I say here is to mean that we did not earn those wins of course...not what I am saying at all......But I think the reality is that we are an ascending team....Just not quite there yet...Offensively I think we can hang with anyone...Including Brady and the Pats and Manning and the Broncos...But defensively as we saw we have a long way to go...All it took was Vontae going down and our defense crashed and burned...Have to improve that secondary and pass rush if we want to make it to the next level

Texans: Leading up to the Texans game, YOU were the one saying their passing game is better than people around here were claiming and that Fitzpatrick had been performing pretty well.  Now it's "Texans: Good pieces without question...But Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB".  Interesting

Bengals:  Their top 2 Wr's are Green and Sanu.  Sanu played, so who was the other "top wr" besides Green that didn't play?  Aside from that, it was relatively the same Bengals team the week before that put up close to 500 yards on the Panthers.  Incidentally, we also faced the Bengals without Arthur Jones, Darius Butler and Lance Louis.

I also love how all the people that keep saying "well we only beat scrub teams" are leaving Baltimore out of the conversation.  ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now