Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shorthanded vs. Steelers?

I hope things are not stacking up for the Colts to be shorthanded, but how does this affect our chances vs. the Steelers IF we have the following issues to deal with:

1) Reggie is getting an MRI as we speak

2) TRich Hamstring

3) Waldon review and suspension by the league, supposedly he has a history (1070 the Fan)

4) Other nicks and dings (linebackers, etc)

5) Other injuries that I'm forgetting about

At this point, there are 2 guys not named Luck that we will miss if they are not around on offense - Bradshaw and Dwayne Allen

On defense, it is Greg Toler or Vontae Davis, having both of them together makes our defense tick.

Until one of the above is injured in some way, we will not be short handed by any means.

At this point, there are 2 guys not named Luck that we will miss if they are not around on offense - Bradshaw and Dwayne Allen

On defense, it is Greg Toler or Vontae Davis, having both of them together makes our defense tick.

Until one of the above is injured in some way, we will not be short handed by any means.

TY? With that being said, I hope Reggie's MRI comes up negative?

Anyone hearing me knocking as hard as I can on any piece of wood I can find?

TY? With that being said, I hope Reggie's MRI comes up negative?

Yes, but teams tend to game plan for game breakers but the quiet methodical ones like Dwayne Allen and Bradshaw are the ones that can help us make teams pay for doubling TY. Nicks, Fleener and Moncrief hurt teams in fewer ways than Allen and Bradshaw, IMO.

Walden pushed the officials arm. He would have had to punch the ref in order to get a suspension for next week. Trich was working like he was going to go back in but they decided to ice him and give him rest because we were winning handily. It sounded like he could have easily gone back in but it wasn't needed. I think its very likely he plays.

Yes, but teams tend to game plan for game breakers but the quiet methodical ones like Dwayne Allen and Bradshaw are the ones that can help us make teams pay for doubling TY. Nicks, Fleener and Moncrief hurt teams in fewer ways than Allen and Bradshaw, IMO.

Actually, Nicks should fit right into your category.  If Reggie missed a few games, we will see what Nicks has in the tank.

Don't forget, the Steelers will be coming out of a short week. Is it too much to ask for another tie tonight?

We came off a Monday night loss vs the Chargers to beat the Broncos on SNF last year.  So, as long as it is a home game for the Steelers, the Steelers will still be tough to take down.

I am just glad it is not a MNF game for us. The last 2 times Luck has been on MNF - Chargers, Eagles has not turned out good for us.

Richardson probably would have went back in if it were a close game. I'm sure Reggie's MRI is precautionary, and if not hopefully he won't be out long. I don't see the Colts being shorthanded at all as it stands now.

I want Moncrief and Herron in the game...

I hope things are not stacking up for the Colts to be shorthanded, but how does this affect our chances vs. the Steelers IF we have the following issues to deal with:

1) Reggie is getting an MRI as we speak

2) TRich Hamstring

3) Waldon review and suspension by the league, supposedly he has a history (1070 the Fan)

4) Other nicks and dings (linebackers, etc)

5) Other injuries that I'm forgetting about

Reggie's arm looked like it was bothering him to the point of affecting his ability to catch. Hopefully the week off before the game is all he needs.

My guess, and that is all it is, on Walden is he gets a $25,000 fine and no suspension since he was ejected from the game.

Ok. Walden isn't getting suspended. Richardsons injury isn't very serious and we'll be fine with Bradshaw and Boom for one game. Keep in mind that we got 500+ yards of offense against the bengals on a day that Reggie basically got shut down.

At home...its differernt on the road

Steelers look pretty darn good on MNF against a tough Texans team.  We need to at least get a couple players back if we are going to lose a few.  I realize those are not 1-for-1 swaps but it would be nice to get some people back in there for the stretch championship run.

We should be able to beat the Steerlers without Wayne. Too many weapons offensively and the defense is playing great. Their defense isn't good and offense is inconsistent. I think Werner will have multiple sacks vs their o-line. Big Ben will keep them in the game for a while, but we'll pull away at the end.

Colts 28 - Steerlers 17

The steelers barely made it out if that game! I watched it they made Fitz look real good. No pass rush damn near the while game. Give Luck and his reducing core all day and we shred that defense. They played man cover in Andre Johnson and he took it to Allen I belive was Pitts DB.

Our biggest issue vs the Steelers will be Heinz field and our ability to cut on offense and defense.

Pagano should know from his experience at Heinz field. Footing will be very important against LeVeon Bell who can cut in any direction on a dime and a slippery Big Ben too. Expect a heavy dosage of him come Sunday. I'd probably go nickel with Gordy (if Butler cannot go) since you are going to need a safety to keep Bell in check, LBs won't cut it, IMO.

I would like to see Trent and Ahmad (hopefully) keep up a solid running game, and of course for our defense to continue to play good football. Really if Trent and Ahmad can give us a good ground game consistently our offense will be unstoppable, and with the way out defense is playing? We will be one tough outing for any team.

Steelers didn't really look that good!  Texans gave them the victory... 21 pts in 5 plays with 2 turnovers inside the 5.  That's a recipe for a loss if you ask me.  Kind of similar to us vs. Den and Phi.  Obviously those 2 teams are better than the Texans or Steelers but you get the point.  I don't expect that to happen against the Steelers, but you can bet we would lose if we made it that easy on them.

Steelers look pretty darn good on MNF against a tough Texans team. We need to at least get a couple players back if we are going to lose a few. I realize those are not 1-for-1 swaps but it would be nice to get some people back in there for the stretch championship run.

The Texans are a tough team? Did you watch their implosion last night?

The Steelers looked like poo last night..

Houston totally gave that game away.

Steelers look pretty darn good on MNF against a tough Texans team.  We need to at least get a couple players back if we are going to lose a few.  I realize those are not 1-for-1 swaps but it would be nice to get some people back in there for the stretch championship run.