Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Winston is entering the NFL in 2015.....

So says Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports.

Winston is said to be unhappy with his relationship with Florida State officials.

The odd things though is....   the story also says Winston is NOT going to withdraw from school.

OK....    anything think he's going to stick around and get his degree in the next few years?   Not me.

Anyway.....   cutting and pasting for your eyes.....

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/19/jameis-winston-nfl-draft-florida-state?xid=aol_home&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl15|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D548271

So says Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports.

Winston is said to be unhappy with his relationship with Florida State officials.

The odd things though is....   the story also says Winston is NOT going to withdraw from school.

OK....    anything think he's going to stick around and get his degree in the next few years?   Not me.

Anyway.....   cutting and pasting for your eyes.....

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/19/jameis-winston-nfl-draft-florida-state?xid=aol_home&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl15|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D548271

Good for him. Heisman winner.. National Championship winner and Florida State could possibly do it again this year, although I don't find it favorable for them to do it again. He's got nothing left to prove on the field. I believe he's NFL ready, and if he can stay away from Oakland, I think he'll be fine. He can go back and finish school at anytime.

If Jameis was such a bad apple Jimbo Fisher would not let his son pal around with him

I'm hoping you were kidding when you wrote this...........

No one is saying he's such a bad guy that you can let your kid play with him.

But they are questioning whether Winston is mature enough to handle the responsibilities of running his college team and especially not an NFL team.

Hope he plays well in the NFL, probably will fall to late 1st round which means he will be picked up on a fairly good team unless somebody trades up to the bottom of the first to take him.

Good luck Winston, was/is nice watching you on the field at FSU

If Jameis was such a bad apple Jimbo Fisher would not let his son pal around with him

Jimbo has gone out of his way to defend this guy, and I think Winston may realize he is going to get the Reggie Bush treatment... so leaving is a smart idea. I will laugh when all Florida State does is taken away when they find out he violated more than a few rules. We won't even talk about the assaults.

The best thing that could happen to him is he is not the 1st overall pick but I could see Oakland buying into the hype in which case.....draft bust waiting to happen but that would be on Oakland for reaching and I could not really blame Winston because of Oaklands reaching

As a 2nd round pick at best. Need to change his attitude 

I don't even think he goes that high.  If he does he goes to a really stupid team like Oakland or the Browns. 

But his personal issues are so extensive that you just know he's do stupid stuff and go to jail and get suspended a lot. 

I mean between Hernandez, Rice and Peterson, all recently I just don't see a team rolling the dice on this guy with a first or 2nd day pick.

I'm thinking 4th round.  And I'm not sure I like him there.  He has great talent but he's stupid and irresponsible and unless he suddenly changes, gets serious about football and starts behaving I can't see him being a successful NFL starter.

This certainly does not seem to be the guy that is going to be first in and last out and watching film on his time off.

This is completely off topic but how do we know Jackson was anything more then just a bit weird

Ehh there was reason to doubt that he molested those kids based on some things that both the parents and the kids said and did.  So the jury was right to bring back an aqquital.

That having been said certain facts about the case may not be illegal but they are extremely creepy. 

I mean one fact that isn't in doubt is that he invited children that are not related to him, that where I believe pre-teens to stay the night at his house and they slept in the same bed with him.  That is an agreed upon fact by all sides. 

That's not illegal by itself, but that's pretty creepy.  However the illegal part of it all, the evidence was just really bad to where the fact that he had them sleeping in the same bed was literally the best evidence they had. . . but again that's not illegal just extremely creepy.

So more then a just bit weird.

I don't even think he goes that high.  If he does he goes to a really stupid team like Oakland or the Browns. 

But his personal issues are so extensive that you just know he's do stupid stuff and go to jail and get suspended a lot. 

I mean between Hernandez, Rice and Peterson, all recently I just don't see a team rolling the dice on this guy with a first or 2nd day pick.

I'm thinking 4th round.  And I'm not sure I like him there.  He has great talent but he's stupid and irresponsible and unless he suddenly changes, gets serious about football and starts behaving I can't see him being a successful NFL starter.

This certainly does not seem to be the guy that is going to be first in and last out and watching film on his time off.

Winston to the Jets.

Winston to the Jets.

Rex probably won't be with the Jets come draft day.  Otherwise I'd say that's a lock.  

But when Rex goes they are going to bring in a coach that can keep control of the locker room and that coach is going to come in and is going to be trying to get people like Chris Johnson and Percy Harvin under control he's not going to want to add Jameis Winston to that list.  

And if Winston is going to have any chance at being successful he needs to go to a small market team.  Sending him to NYC is a disaster waiting to happen.  

Rex probably won't be with the Jets come draft day.  Otherwise I'd say that's a lock.  

But when Rex goes they are going to bring in a coach that can keep control of the locker room and that coach is going to come in and is going to be trying to get people like Chris Johnson and Percy Harvin under control he's not going to want to add Jameis Winston to that list.  

And if Winston is going to have any chance at being successful he needs to go to a small market team.  Sending him to NYC is a disaster waiting to happen.  

If Rex is gone I'd almost have to think the next guy will want his own player back there, and I just want to see what Jets fans say when they go after another quarterback. I think in such a case I'd just trade the pick. The o-line is as big a problem for them.

If Rex is gone I'd almost have to think the next guy will want his own player back there, and I just want to see what Jets fans say when they go after another quarterback. I think in such a case I'd just trade the pick. The o-line is as big a problem for them.

That's if he can find a guy in the draft or free agency that he likes.  Little guarantee that he will like Winston.