Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Nate only missed 1 kick in the Divisional round loss against the Patriots, it was a what would've been a then career long 54 yarder when he was rushed on to the field to attempt it as time was expiring due to the Chargers having burned all their timeouts. Had he made that kick, it would've only tied the game, not given San Diego the lead or win. He converted all 3 of his extra point attempts in that game.   He was brutal in the 2009 Divisional round loss to the Jets, he had only missed 3 kicks all season and missed 3 in that game alone, although one of them was a  57 yard attempt that would've tied his career long. He had already missed a 36 yarder and that Bolts were up 7-0 when Norv trotted him out to attempt that long one at the end of the half, and that miss combined with the earlier one seemed to scramble his eggs. Later in the game while down by 10, he badly missed a 40 yard attempt and although the Chargers got another touchdown, they ended up losing by 3.    He missed when he hit the upright from 48 yards out in the 2007 Divisional round victory at Indy and in the only AFCCG he played in, Kaeding accounted for all 12 of the Chargers' points by going 4 for 4 against the undefeated Patriots in the snow flurries at Foxboro.
    • You're probably right.  But a franchise LT is the more important position.  More than RT, and even an All Pro LB.   I'm not saying he'll sacrifice either of them in order to sign Fisher long term.  But I think that once they see that Fisher can play, they'll want to wrap him up long term.  He won't be cheap either.   I think it was on one of the podcast they pointed out where all of the LTs for the playoff teams were drafted.  Getting one that works out past the first round is pretty rare.  And we probably won't even have a first rounder next year.
    • That's possible, and sounds familiar. So how many plays might that happen on in a given game, and how many players are affected by it? Ultimately, what kind of impact could it have on a player grade if PFF throws out 5-10 plays a game?   Also, if a player was nursing a left leg injury, and used a different technique than usual to try to mitigate that injury, in turn taking a loss on a few plays, PFF grades them negatively. Which is fine. But that might result in a player having a month of lower grading than usual, with PFF not acknowledging the injury in their grading. They publish those lower grades, and fans/media say 'this player had a bad month at the end of last season, he's not a hot free agent.' Team X says 'he's outstanding when he's healthy, and he battled through injury, let's give him a huge contract,' and the response is 'PFF says he's not that good, that's a bad contract.'    Nothing wrong with PFF's grade, he did have a bad month. But they have a blind spot to context in their raw grading. And people who consume their grades have a tendency to quote them as if they are definitive. That's my overall point about their grading, and why it's not as valuable to me as it seems to be to others.
    • The media picked up the Fisher news yesterday when they had the film session with Ballard.  Ballard said they want to do a long term deal once Fisher proves he can come back from his injury.  Don’t look for anything soon.  Honestly I expect Leonard and Smith extensions before the season starts and Fisher at some point in the season if he comes back.  If they can’t get one done in season it wouldn’t shock me to see the Colts tag him and then do one if he recovers.  
    • Of course they were drafted to be 3 down lineman, so their ability to run 20-30 yards or more sideline to sideline to fill gaps and make plays may prove vital numerous times per game..
  • Members

• Shive

Shive 2,626

Moderators
    • NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 9,805

• coltsfan1965

coltsfan1965 15

• ColtMan

ColtMan 3

• MTC

MTC 1,650