Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Colts have won one playoff game in 6 seasons. Some more losing seasons and this team is no longer even in the top half of NFL franchises. They would be mostly irrelevant. I can’t imagine Irsay going for that.   Ballard is definitely safe...but this is year 5 and I am assuming there is a bit more urgency than just waiting for the perfect opportunity to come along.
    • Supplement with draft picks. Ballard has had a few rookies playing significant snaps every year...so we could assume the same this year. Plus...you have some  younger players who could take a step forward next season.  Also...there’s player for player swaps that can be explored.   I think you could easily replace everyone on that list except Houston and Rhodes. And I would keep MAC as a cheap TE2.   A big FA contract will put a strain on the cap...which is why a rookie QB would be huge. But I also think this is their chance to spend on a premium non-QB position or two.   But another way to burn cap space is to re-sign a bunch of outgoing vets...essentially paying more money for the same team components (in many cases). If that was a list of FAs...I would probably be interested in a few of them at most. But that’s just me...and I am sure other teams will be interested in each of them on some level...so this seems like a great chance to shift some cap space to quality (instead of quantity) and accrue some comp draft capital...even if it’s mid-late Day 3 picks.
    • Ok.   Appreciate the response.   I thought you were going to say they were typo’s, but apparently not.   Alright, we see it differently.  Nothing wrong with that.  It’s what makes the world go around.    Thanks again....
    • Some team will gamble on Hooker. He will only be 25 and he’s a former lottery pick with huge talent. A $7M AAV would put him just inside the top 15...just ahead of guys like Ricardo Allen, Vonn Bell and Tre Boston. I think a team would look to lock in a second year team option of sorts...but maybe not. Either way...he should have suitors and will have an opportunity to at least get a good one-year deal to rebuild value. Edit: Obviously this is assuming Hooker has recovered and can pass a physical. If not, then he probably gets half that and possibly might not even be signed until during the season.    Rhodes was a top 10 player last season...at a premium position. He produced a ton of value on his cheap pillow contract...and now he gets to cash in. With a very good track record (even at his age), he is going to command a nice 2-3 year deal to finish out his career. A $12M AAV would pay him just outside that top 10 range for CBs...and this deal is similar to the one that Haden signed with PIT after having a late-career resurgence.  Knowing Ballard...I am sure he would structure it in a way that they could get out after one year if Rhodes fell apart. But given the current state of the CBs...they almost have to re-sign him.
  • Members

• ReMeDy

ReMeDy 407

• Stoney

Stoney 67

• rock8591

rock8591 538

• Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson 97

• The Peytonator

The Peytonator 449

• zibby43