Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You do NOT trade up for DT when you don't have a franchise QB on your team. 
    • I consider them very different propositions for the Colts.   To me acquiring Carr(giving up serious assets for him) means you move forward with him as your 'franchise' QB for at least 3 more years. And since I don't think he's good enough for it, I don't want it to happen.   On the other hand I consider Rivers a bridge QB. I think it doesn't change anything for us with regards to our long-term plans for the QB position - i.e. we still need to be looking for our long-term future franchise QB, just like we would if Rivers didn't come and we were rolling with Brissett... and the sooner we got that new QB in the building the better. The only thing getting Rivers changes is the quality of play we can expect from the QB position in the bridge year(s)... and possibly the quality of mentorship he can give to a young player(no idea if he's actually a good mentor, but his knowledge of football and the way he commands the LOS would be great for a young QB to learn from).
    • That's what the majority of fans are wishing for.  Another Peyton or Luck.  They forget we finished last to get those players.  Somehow I don't see Ballard trading up to get a Burrows or an injured Tua.  So the quickest way back is acquiring a veteran to get us there.  I can see Ballard doing that. 
    • I have to admit I do like Love just from what I have seen but what a risk. I am not saying Cousins would be the solution to anything but if we just traded a 44 for him, IMO that would be a good deal - that was between @NFLfan and I being GM's. Regarding Carr or Rivers, I like both but only Rivers on a 2 yr deal because of his age. Carr is only 28 and still has upside IMO, you say he is average, I say above average. His W/L record isn't good but the Raiders have had some crappy teams. He went 12-3 in 2016.
    • Dak might be good enough. He looked good enough this year, but I want to see it over longer period. I considered him somewhere on the margins of franchise QB during the season, and if he can do it one more time, IMO it will put him in that category. He also had a great offensive cast to help too... BTW.    The line is... I don't know... somewhere around QB12 maybe... not sure. It's hard to pin point because there are old QBs that might be getting out of that range (Rivers, Roethlisberger, Brees, Brady, etc.) but there are also young QBs that might be getting in the range(Lamar, Baker?, Murray?, Allen?)... It's interesting time in the NFL and we are witnessing the changing of the guards. 
  • Members