Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano gives TY Hilton a NEW nickname

TKnight24

The ghost??  I'm pretty meh on that.  It just doesn't go well with his name or anything.  

I mean if you are going to give him a nickname at least let it go with his name.  Maybe something off of Hilton Hotels?

Did see a review of the game against the Texans on TY's TD the guy said that Andrew Luck was booking himself a stay at the TY Hilton.

Maybe he's a ghost to Houston since they clearly didn't see him most of the game. But I agree it's a lame nickname.

TY Goodbye >>>>>

TY Goodbye is excellent.

He'll burn you then be too hot for you to touch...unless it's on accident while trying to avoid touching him at the 5 yard line.

TY Goodbye Seems like more of a saying than a nickname to me????

I don't think the Ghost is that bad....

"TY Goodbye" seems like (is) a good nickname that is fitting, clever, and roles off the tongue. "The Ghost" isn't really any of those to me.

I certainly don't see myself ever calling him "The Ghost". Hell it'd be more clever to call him "Casper" because he's little, friendly, and ghost like on the field (apparently).

"TY Goodbye" seems like (is) a good nickname that is fitting, clever, and roles off the tongue. "The Ghost" isn't really any of those to me.

I certainly don't see myself ever calling him "The Ghost". Hell it'd be more clever to call him "Casper" because he's little, friendly, and ghost like on the field (apparently).

We can agree to disagree on TY Goodbye (no offense at all to you or your opinion).

Casper is better.

I actually just like calling him TY...sort of like Marvin, or Peyton, or Luck...fictitious nicknames are kind of lame in my opinion. Always hate PM being called the Sheriff. 

And, interestingly enough, T.Y. is already a nickname!!

We can agree to disagree on TY Goodbye (no offense at all to you or your opinion).

Casper is better.

I actually just like calling him TY...sort of like Marvin, or Peyton, or Luck...fictitious nicknames are kind of lame in my opinion. Always hate PM being called the Sheriff.

Agreed, I'm really not much of a nickname guy myself unless they're really clever and fitting.

Casper is better.

I've always wondered what T.Y. stood for?

I've always wondered what T.Y. stood for?

His name is Eugene. His dad's name is Tyrone. He said he always went by T.Y. after the first two letters in his dad's name. Kind of a weird take on J.R., I suppose. 

Reminds of Bob Sanders going by Bob instead of Demond (although in Bob's case he requested to be called Bob, whereas with TY it sounds like others started calling him that). 

His name is Eugene. His dad's name is Tyrone. He said he always went by T.Y. after the first two letters in his dad's name. Kind of a weird take on J.R., I suppose. 

Reminds of Bob Sanders going by Bob instead of Demond (although in Bob's case he requested to be called Bob, whereas with TY it sounds like others started calling him that). 

Thanks for the explanation... LOL I know Bob's real name was Demond, I think he should've shortened it up more after he switched his name!  Just be called by his initials B.S.

Ahahahaha

The nickname will stick only if the media picks up on it. Otherwise, it'll only be something heard over on West 56th.

And I guess I'm a member of the minority who doesn't really care for "T.Y. Goodbye." I don't think it's any better than "The Ghost."

If we're all voting, I prefer just "T.Y."

Perhaps Gruden will come up with something groovy like he did for "The Sheriff."