Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If We Don't Get Wayne Back Next Year...

I read in another thread that Reggie Wayne is pretty upset about the way things are going right now, and that he might be considering going elsewhere. If he does indeed leave Indy, that is going to change our draft picks big time in my opinion. I think we will take Luck with the first pick, and then I say we use our next pick on the O-line. If we don't get Reggie back, does our next pick go to a receiver, another offensive lineman, a defensive back, or none of the above?

Pick up Kendell Wright in the 3rd round... He's fast and has great hands.

Could be a very useful asset...

And just to add something to my original post, I didn't mention D-line in that list of possible third picks. I personally think we should draft a defensive back before a defensive lineman, but you could make a case either way.

Could be a very useful asset...

And just to add something to my original post, I didn't mention D-line in that list of possible third picks. I personally think we should draft a defensive back before a defensive lineman, but you could make a case either way.

My draft would go like this if Reggie leaves:

1. Luck

2. CB

3. Wright

Trade 4th and 5th round pick for a late 3rd round pick

3. DT

6. OG

7. CB or S

1. Luck

2. CB

3. Wright

3. DT

6. OG

7. CB or S

I would change that draft to this...

1st- Luck

2nd- SS Mark Barron

3rd- WR Kendall Wright

4th- Best NT or CB

5th- Best NT or CB

6th- Best OL

7th- Best player

I would change that draft to this...

1st- Luck

2nd- SS Mark Barron

3rd- WR Kendall Wright

4th- Best NT or CB

5th- Best NT or CB

6th- Best OL

7th- Best player

When Bullit is healthy he's good. Now in my opinion, CB is a much greater need than SS so if Reggie leaves we pick a CB in the 2nd round.

1. Luck

2. CB

3. Wright

3. DT

6. OG

7. CB or S

That doesn't look bad at all. But whatever we do, I don't think one draft alone will be enough. We will have to augment with free agency as well. For instance, we probably need a Strong Safety as Melvin Bullett is getting injury prone and is really a back-up not a starter. A late round pick at this position probably won't get it in the limited amount of time we have with Peyton if he comes back healthy. So I would also seriously consider signing Laron Landry.

I wouldn't waste a pick on a WR. We need to use all of our picks on defense.

Errr....with Garcon due for a contract (and yes, he will want more money after arguably his best season), and Wayne unhappy/due retirement money, we will absolutely need a WR.

Furthermore, no team ever spends all 1 million of their picks on one side of the ball. It just won't happen.

When Bullit is healthy he's good. Now in my opinion, CB is a much greater need than SS so if Reggie leaves we pick a CB in the 2nd round.

Bullitt may be a "good" SS but he's nothing outstanding, and having a great SS in the middle of the defense is something we have lacked since 2006 -2007. Bullitt is also perpetually injured since after 2009. I would love to see us pick up a SS no later than round 3. I think we would be better off going WR or CB in round 2. In round 1 go either Luck or trade down and totally change the look of our draft.

i'd love to get Rueben Randle from LSU. Right now it's looking like that may require a 2nd round pick unless he falls to the top of the 3rd so we'd have to make some moves, grab some extra picks but if we could then he'd be one of my top choices.