Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 7 Preview/Season Review Thus Far (TKnight24 Edition)

TKnight24

Welcome Forum Members. Come on in, take a seat. Apple Juice is on the table for you with cookies of all flavors

Cincinnati travels to the Oil Drum this week to take on the :colts: in a battle of AFC division leaders & potential AFC playoff teams

Colts are much healthier than most would've expected at this point of the season given the track record the Colts have/known for when it comes to injuries.

Prediction: 27-17 Colts Win

Review of 2014-2015 Thus Far/Crow Eating Segment

Pep Hamilton: While there's still plays I do not agree with (for instance the all out power formation), I must admit Mr. Hamilton has done solid with the OC position and putting the ball in Mr. Luck's hands much more like it should be. Hopefully he keeps this up, eating crow on him right now

Trent Richardson: While he'll never live up to the 1st round pick (not many RB's in today's league given the pass happy league now are 1st rounders either) I've grown to see Richardson as a solid option at RB and forms a very very solid 1-2 punch with the vet Mr. Bradshaw. Also eating a bit of crow on him as well. Still need him to stop thinking when he's running and just trust the offensive line that's been a lot better than most expected

Laron Landry: Disappointed with him & hoping to find his replacement in the offseason. Sergio Brown has been solid filling in but he isn't really the long term answer IMO. But still proud of Sergio's play

So there you have it, eating crow so far on 2/3 targets. Yep, I'm admitting my wrongness. So go head & tease me or what have you, but I can admit my wrongness :P

:colts:

-TKnight24 (Apple Juice Lover ♥)

Crow has a bad flavor...not tasty.  

My crow eating is for McNary.  I really thought he was quicker than he is based on sack film from Army.  He plays in coverage as bad as Mario Harvey did.

Werner is coming along.....3 sacks in two games.  Manusky has put both he and Walden in a position to succeed.

edit:  we need to destroy the Bengals.  They made us look pathetic last year in Cincy!!  TY Goodbye!!

I'm in the same camp - eating crow on Pep and TRich.  I also have to throw in Werner.  I like when Werner has his hand in the dirt better than when he's standing up.  If I'm honest I also have to give Grigson more props than I was willing during the off season and pre-season.  I (along with a lot of others on this forum) didn't think he did enough with all that cap space.  There is talent and depth on both lines, the skill positions are loaded but would like to see more talent at Safety.

This is big test this weekend.  The Colts have a tough stretch coming up, a win against Cincy sets a tone in the AFC that Colts are in it for the long haul.  We're at home, we're relatively healthy and its time to play 4 quarters of good football.

I'll eat mine on the play of the defense.  They've been playing a lot better than I ever imagined.  Having very good CBs allow Manusky to use a lot of different blitz packages.  If they can keep on being aggressive, we're in good shape.

I always say, you don't have to have a great defense to win a championship in the NFL.  A good one will do just fine when you have a great offense.  At this point I'll eat crow and say our defense is good.

Im also eating crow on TRich. I thought he would improve. He hasn't.

He's a decent back, and I think he has improved.  Like TK said, no RB is worth a first round pick anymore.

But in a way it makes me feel a little better knowing Cleveland wasted the pick we gave them. 

Unless I'm thinking of another poster, weren't you "anti-Fleener"? Has your opinion of him changed?

Wasn't me sheriff, it wasn't me

Supported Fleener when the forum grabbed their pitchforks saying how we should've took Upshaw or Glenn instead of Fleener

But I will say I do bash Fleener for his soft/timid play style

And as you see he still plays that way so until he stops and plays with a mean streak and uses his size to his advantage I'll keep that knock on him. He's been productive but he could do a lot more if he used his size

Wasn't me sheriff, it wasn't me

Supported Fleener when the forum grabbed their pitchforks saying how we should've took Upshaw or Glenn instead of Fleener

But I will say I do bash Fleener for his soft/timid play style

And as you see he still plays that way so until he stops and plays with a mean streak and uses his size to his advantage I'll keep that knock on him. He's been productive but he could do a lot more if he used his size

Fleener opened up the door for Jack Doyle and if he's not careful and doesn't get that mean streak, he'll get replaced on the roster by a more athletic pass catching TE.  He plays like he thinks he's Jimmy Graham.  I do like him in the Red Zone when defenses have to put a LB on him.

Fleener opened up the door for Jack Doyle and if he's not careful and doesn't get that mean streak, he'll get replaced on the roster by a more athletic pass catching TE. He plays like he thinks he's Jimmy Graham. I do like him in the Red Zone when defenses have to put a LB on him.

And Fleener should be our Jimmy Graham given his size but nope, plays like he's a 5'10 200 pound coverage CB

And as you stated, Doyle is getting more and more reps. Coaches are probably starting to see Fleener's timid ways too

2/3 of our TE's play with mean streak...... Gotta get that to 3/3

Fleener opened up the door for Jack Doyle and if he's not careful and doesn't get that mean streak, he'll get replaced on the roster by a more athletic pass catching TE.  He plays like he thinks he's Jimmy Graham.  I do like him in the Red Zone when defenses have to put a LB on him.

Fleener plays more like he has no confidence in himself. I wish he would play like he believed he was Jimmy Graham.

Unless I'm thinking of another poster, weren't you "anti-Fleener"?  Has your opinion of him changed?

What has he done to change our opinion? He still drops a catchable pass almost weekly and has trouble getting separation. If anything I'd say he's playing worse than last year, certainly there hasn't been much improvement.

Edit: I was all for Fleener when we drafted him. When our pick came up in the 2nd I was yelling for Fleener. His play has since made me what you call "anti-Fleener". Nothing would make me happier than for him to wake up and realize his potential.

My Crow would be McNary  as well just plays much slower than I invisioned. As for Richardson hes a much better back when he squares his shoulders and runs ,he gets in trouble when he tries to get cute with his feet. The game is to fast for most backs to do this.

My Crow would be McNary  as well just plays much slower than I invisioned. As for Richardson hes a much better back when he squares his shoulders and runs ,he gets in trouble when he tries to get cute with his feet. The game is to fast for most backs to do this.

We have gotten away from passing to TRich.  He needs to be involved in the passing game.  if not, the other team stacks the box.

Have to keep that precious neck healthy.  I would not mind seeing a little more BOOM in the offense too.   :)

Boom is talented as well and hes harder to see behind the line , kinda like one of our old nemesis at Jacksonville. Hes also a good receiver as well.

Welcome Forum Members. Come on in, take a seat. Apple Juice is on the table for you with cookies of all flavors

Cincinnati travels to the Oil Drum this week to take on the :colts: in a battle of AFC division leaders & potential AFC playoff teams

Colts are much healthier than most would've expected at this point of the season given the track record the Colts have/known for when it comes to injuries.

Pep Hamilton: While there's still plays I do not agree with (for instance the all out power formation), I must admit Mr. Hamilton has done solid with the OC position and putting the ball in Mr. Luck's hands much more like it should be. Hopefully he keeps this up, eating crow on him right now

Trent Richardson: While he'll never live up to the 1st round pick (not many RB's in today's league given the pass happy league now are 1st rounders either) I've grown to see Richardson as a solid option at RB and forms a very very solid 1-2 punch with the vet Mr. Bradshaw. Also eating a bit of crow on him as well. Still need him to stop thinking when he's running and just trust the offensive line that's been a lot better than most expected

Laron Landry: Disappointed with him & hoping to find his replacement in the offseason. Sergio Brown has been solid filling in but he isn't really the long term answer IMO. But still proud of Sergio's play

So there you have it, eating crow so far on 2/3 targets. Yep, I'm admitting my wrongness. So go head & tease me or what have you, but I can admit my wrongness :P

I respect that, and believe more people should do the same...  I thought Trent and Landry would be a little bit better than what they are this year, but I'm not giving up on them yet either.  Trent has made some good plays.  What kills him the most is the times when the line collapses and gets hit in the backfield.  That will hurt anybodies average though.  I expect Landry to come back from the suspension motivated.  Im not saying returning to the pro bowl level, but actually show why he is a starter.  If he cannot do that, I believe we should look elsewhere, and lock down both S positions in the off season.  That should be our #1 priority after the season is over IMO. 

Self serving crap.