Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our own worst enemy [Merge]

xXBOXADDICTx

not really doom and gloom. People are thrilled Colts won and will point to several things they did well. Still it's fair to point out these self inflected mistakes are killing the Colts, it cost them the Eagles game and nearly cost them the Ravens and Texans game. Still good win. 4-2 and first place in the South is always a good thing.

I agree. Being critical of mistakes is not gloom and doom, and it doesn't mean we aren't diehard fans. This is a team sport, and it seems (at least to me) that our team weakness is in the coaching staff. We have very, very talented, on-field players that deserve better position / technique coaching and play-calling. (See: O'Brien / Kubiak or Harbaugh / Singletary for examples of the problem). Like John Pagano once said when playing his brother, "We out-coached them" (and he was right).

Re: Harrison at center, he looks very promising, only making the kinds of mistakes you'd expect from a rookie playing is second game.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Denver, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Texans games we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot and keep teams in games where we should be salting them away.

Last night was no different:

Lining up over the center on a field goal gave them 4 extra points 

Bad Snap leads to 7 pts

Luck hit two other texan defenders in the hands and both balls could have been intercepted 

Thank goodness we are winning but we need to quit keeping teams in games with our own mistakes 

I agree. Being critical of mistakes is not gloom and doom, and it doesn't mean we aren't diehard fans. This is a team sport, and it seems (at least to me) that our team weakness is in the coaching staff. We have very, very talented, on-field players that deserve better position / technique coaching and play-calling. (See: O'Brien / Kubiak or Harbaugh / Singletary for examples of the problem). Like John Pagano once said when playing his brother, "We out-coached them" (and he was right).Re: Harrison at center, he looks very promising, only making the kinds of mistakes you'd expect from a rookie playing is second game.

its not the coaches as much as the fans find ways to want it to be the coaches. It's guys on the field making mistakes. Also most of them are being made by guys you never bench like the Bradshsw fumble in the Ravens game, or Lucks INT in the Titsns game or his Poor decision to throw the ball to a well covered Bradshaw in the Ravens game. Even last night while Harrison is going to get the blame if you watch the replay Luck is clearly calling for the snap and then took his eyes off it to look at the play clock.

Yes , coaches aren't perfect but they aren't nearly the problem so fans want them to be. As for Harrison starting I am not sure that's all Pagano's call and the local media doesn't either because whenever he's asked about he avoids giving a reason and has at least said enough that the local media feels that's being pushed on him.

Shows you how little you know.    Our O-line was actually quite poor for 3 out of 4 quarters.....

I'll let you figure out which quarter they were good in..........

(Start the Jeopardy theme music.......)

I have very litle to no respect for your opinions.

Grow up.

Really? That's all you have to say? Do you ever actually add anything to a thread other than trolling through and making condescending comments to other members comments? That's all I`ve seen from you so far and usually I think to myself when you comment on other peoples comments "wow, glad its them this time and not me"..pretty sad

I have very litle to no respect for your opinions.

And for some odd reason you mistake me for someone who cares about yours?

The reason you don't care about mine,  is because I've been crushing you and exposing you for the fraud that you are.

Goodbye,  troll.....    it's been swell......

IMO, staying on topic of "mistakes thread", last night`s game was a mixture of both. Adjustments and great play - there you go, yes, great play by the Texans defense in particular Watt - to claw their way back into the game. Offensively a healthy Andre Johnson is still a beast and the Colts secondary had its hands full. Johnson is going to make plays no matter what, its mainly "damage control" after that. Arian Foster is as good as ever. Credit the Texans some for making a game of it. The Colts offense has still yet to peak. I think we saw flashes of just how dominating it can and will be. But was a bad snap to be credited to the Texans defense though? NO..a Colts mistake. And it led to 7 points. Just. Like. That. After dominating the Texans, THEY let them back in and make a game of it. Just. Like. The. Ravens. IMO, the talent is here and its still about the fundamentals and not beating yourselves. Great first half and overall win    

It has definately changed some games. I think EVERY call should be reviewable in some cases.

I'm not so sure about that. Reviewing everything would make a game be much TP long. I think the best solution is to do a better job training officials. The NFL protects them too much from any criticism.

That's generally the story in nearly every game. Nearly every game can be turned on just a few plays.

But my comment was in the context of a 24-0 lead.  I wouldn't say that 24 point leads are erased with regularity.  No, such games do not usually turn on a handful of plays.  When they do, it's obviously worth noting.

Last season it was Colts not playing in the first half, now it's turnovers!  We are a SB contender if we play to our potential for 60 minutes, but we won't win a game in the playoffs if this keeps up.  As spectacular as Luck has been, he also makes some bonehead decisions at time.  I thought he did a lot better job improving during his second year, but he is back at it again.  Fumbles also has been crippling to our offense.  This is the NFL and 1 dumb mistake on offense can easily be turned into 7 for the opponent very quickly.  Thankfully we have THE BEST Punter and CB tandem in the league ;) lol.to weather the storm. 

Griff is as good as anyone. I think he's done a great job, with the exception of last week. But every player has a bad day every now and then.

He has done a great job? He lacks vision, speed, and barely makes anyone miss. I contribute some of the penalties we've had on returns to his lack of speed, causing ppl to have to hold their blocks for a longer time. I do give him credit for being sure handed but that is it. He has done a okay job. Pretty average

He has done a great job? He lacks vision, speed, and barely makes anyone miss. I contribute some of the penalties we've had on returns to his lack of speed, causing ppl to have to hold their blocks for a longer time. I do give him credit for being sure handed but that is it. He has done a okay job. Pretty average

"I contribute some of the penalties we've had on returns to his lack of speed, causing ppl to have to hold their blocks for a longer time."

Do you play world hunger on him to?

Last season it was Colts not playing in the first half, now it's turnovers! We are a SB contender if we play to our potential for 60 minutes, but we won't win a game in the playoffs if this keeps up. As spectacular as Luck has been, he also makes some bonehead decisions at time. I thought he did a lot better job improving during his second year, but he is back at it again. Fumbles also has been crippling to our offense. This is the NFL and 1 dumb mistake on offense can easily be turned into 7 for the opponent very quickly. Thankfully we have THE BEST Punter and CB tandem in the league ;) lol.to weather the storm.

So no other play-off teams make mistakes? So much doom and gloom and we are not even half way through the season.

Sigh.

how is this your house?

Sorry.....   didn't mean "my" house.....  I meant this is the Colts house, and he's NOT a Colts fan.      My bad.

I like visiting fans as much as the next person here.    But I don't like rude visitors who take great delight in annoying Colts fans here.

Early on I defended him because I thought he was a Colts fan.    Now that I know he's not,  I see him completely differently.    And now I agree with others here who think he's a troll.       I think he's a big annoying troll.

So no other play-off teams make mistakes? So much doom and gloom and we are not even half way through the season.

Sigh.

Of course other teams make mistakes!!   My point was that dumb mistakes can be avoided if players make better decisions.  Luck doesn't need to force anything while he is being chased out of the pocket and throw into double coverage, or hold on for too long to get sacked, stripped, or arm hit while throwing.  Especially when were up by a considerable margin or going into half with the lead in our territory.  I do realize it works in his favor a lot fighting threw arm tackles and making a big play down the field, but he needs to minimize his mistakes.  There has also been a lot of fumbling at critical points in the game, when the momentum is changing and the defense is tired because they cant seem to get off the field.  Then the opposing offense just marches down the field allowing them to make it a game.  Erasing all of the hard fought plays from earlier in the game.  Overall, we shoot ourselves in the foot and aid the other teams at times because of dumb mistakes, and in close games like the playoffs, you cant do that and still win games!  We could be 6-0 right now but we dropped the first 2 because we made mistakes against great teams.  Turnovers during critical moments followed up by poor defense was the direct reason for the loss against the Eagles (Well and the referee's 2 terrible calls).  We gave Baltimore and Houston opportunities to take the game from us after running up the score, and then making dumb mistakes and playing too conservative.  They didn't really earn it!!  Trust me it's not doom and gloom, it's constructive criticism to correct our weakness, so we can improve. 

Sorry.....   didn't mean "my" house.....  I meant this is the Colts house, and he's NOT a Colts fan.      My bad.

I like visiting fans as much as the next person here.    But I don't like rude visitors who take great delight in annoying Colts fans here.

Early on I defended him because I thought he was a Colts fan.    Now that I know he's not,  I see him completely differently.    And now I agree with others here who think he's a troll.       I think he's a big annoying troll.

gotcha...and I agree with everything else other than the "your house" part :P lol

Nonsense. His vision is fine, as is his speed and elusiveness.

Arnold would simply tell the Colts!

untitled_zps20e4e1db.png

and to..........

sdfsdf_zpsf5bbb276.png

:heh:

All in all the bad turnovers are something that just happen unfortunately for the Colts this year.  The only thing they can really do is take a look at them to see why they happened and try to improve upon it.  Hopefully we will eventually see progression in that department as the year progresses.