Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our own worst enemy [Merge]

xXBOXADDICTx

Once the Texans turned up the pressure on our O-line, things went South fast.

That changed things.    And our run defense really went sour.    I didn't even see Chapman play very much.   I'm guessing he may be hurt....   and I didn't see Montori Hughes in there at all....   when Chapman was out, it was either Kerr or RJF on the nose over Center...

Strange game.     Glad we escaped with a win.....

4-2 feels good after our 0-2 start.......

Get more pressure on the QB from the interior that way

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we can get some of our guards back, butler and maybe even Jones.

Gordy played well though..

yes we were pretty much playing three back ups in the middle against a very good D-line. Also our tackles and even Allen struggled blocking much of the second half.

Also RJF has played extremely well while Jones has been out. I still want Jones back but credit to RJF.

We are inconsistent!!! We can tutn the dial up and play sound intense football for 20 min and have a 20 pt lead then all the sudden we go laxidasical and our oppenent is within one score in 7 min. Our consistency in our level of play needs to change. We need to play like we're down 2 scores from start to end. And just poor it on teams when we are in the lead and strive for 7pts EVERY drive. I dont care if were by 35 with 10 min left,lets push and make it a 50pt game. NOOOO letting up. Credit though to the Texans. They are good team. Scary to think what they may become if they find a good young QB to lead that team and they add a few other pieces. They will be right there with us fighting it out gor the division.

yes both ways. I am over NFL refs. I say fire them all.

Mike Carey "The Officiating Expert" makes the officials look like geniuses. Officiating Expert is right up there with "Jumbo Shrimp" and "Paid Volunteers" on the list of crap that shouldn't be.

To be fair. You wouldn't have felt better if we continued to dominate lol. At least the illusion of winning was present.

Yeah, that would have been even worse. I've always known we had the fight in us to make it a game though lol. Maybe we will get the one in your house ;)

yes we were pretty much playing three back ups in the middle against a very good D-line. Also our tackles and even Allen struggled blocking much of the second half.

Also RJF has played extremely well while Jones has been out. I still want Jones back but credit to RJF.

I wonder if we are going to keep RJF.. He could replace Redding since he is making starters money.. I really hope Redding signs a friendly one year deal and tries for one last Super Bowl run..

I completely agree re: cleaning up the mistakes but there's a bit too much "doom and gloom" in this thread, especially after a win against a Division opponent.

It's hard to win in the NFL.  The Texans are not the Jaguars.  Let's give a bit of credit to J.J. Watt and the incredible Houston defensive line. 

We had the ability to threaten the Texans deep but the shaky line play in the second half limited our deep ball opportunities. 

I completely agree re: cleaning up the mistakes but there's a bit too much "doom and gloom" in this thread, especially after a win against a Division opponent.

It's hard to win in the NFL. The Texans are not the Jaguars. Let's give a bit of credit to J.J. Watt and the incredible Houston defensive line.

We had the ability to threaten the Texans deep but the shaky line play in the second half limited our deep ball opportunities.

I think everyone in this thread is ecstatic about winning. But looking forward, if we want to do big things in the future. Gotta clean some things up.

I wonder if we are going to keep RJF.. He could replace Redding since he is making starters money.. I really hope Redding signs a friendly one year deal and tries for one last Super Bowl run..

The way he's been playing there's no reason not to keep RJF, especially with redding approaching retirement

Yeah, that would have been even worse. I've always known we had the fight in us to make it a game though lol. Maybe we will get the one in your house ;)

I think you guys are in good hands with Obrien.  Just the effort I saw tonight out of your squad let me know he's a different breed than Kubiak. Just add a better qb and a couple more upgrades in certain places and you guys will be real serious.

It's hard to win in the NFL.  The Texans are not the Jaguars.  Let's give a bit of credit to J.J. Watt and the incredible Houston defensive line. 

not really doom and gloom. People are thrilled Colts won and will point to several things they did well. Still it's fair to point out these self inflected mistakes are killing the Colts, it cost them the Eagles game and nearly cost them the Ravens and Texans game. Still good win. 4-2 and first place in the South is always a good thing.

None ever in our house.. ;)

That was a good game. The Texans have some fight in them. I may root against them every game for the sake of the Colts but they look pretty promising to my eye. haha

Harrison was playing real well especially the first half, and then THAT happened

That's always the fear with him, you never know when he is going to make a game changing blunder. Has to clean that up and do it quick. He's good for at least one snap problem going back to the preseason.  Other then that, he is not bad, but he has to clean up the snap issue.

As for the rest of the game, i'm pretty thrilled to get a W on the road in the division on a short week with a bunch of starters out. I think it's unrealistic to expect us to perform all game like we did in the first qtr.  That was about as good as i have seen us play in years.  Houston is not a bad team and Watt is an absolute monster, you knew he would make plays.  Sometimes i do think play calling gets us out of rhythm. I did not like the decision to not call the timeout early before the half and give the O a chance to score again.   I also think it's strange to call an onside kick in the first qtr but be too scared to play offense with 50 seconds left before half.

we have rookies out there, lots of injuries to start the season and they just continue.  we are really banged up right now and we won on the road on a short week, where we get one day less practice than they get since they didn't have to travel.  And guess what, we beat them. Can you believe it.

Pep completely got conservative after the first half...it was bad play calling and poor execution

I am not a fan of Pep's at all. I will reserve opinion until I rewatch the game. But this was clearly our main competition in the divison that had been sitting at home waiting for 3 wks or at least in the state of Texas. We jumped on them and they fought back.

They got on a roll and made it a game. We helped them out some the crowd got into it. It is hard to win on the road against anyone. The Texans were in the conversation for the Super Bowl going into last year and it wasn't because Matt Schaub was the QB.

That D is very good. JJ is the best defensive player in the league not close and  is going to get MVP votes if he and the team keep playing well.

We went to Texas on 3 days rest and beat a team that was very motivated to win the game also. It shouldn't have been as close as it was. We definitely helped them but some of our poor play is because of the crowd and the Texans. They are a professional team as well.

We are not beating everyone 44-17 just not going to happen.

This is getting to be a pattern with giving up too mnay points on the field with mental errors (lining up over center for a FG), other games of holding that puts us fiurther from the red zone, INTs?Fumlbes that leads to points, and the D cannot be able to stop teams offenses after Colts getting a score.  PEP Stop running every 1st down for 2 yards. Pep u are allowed to pass on 1st down in the NFL. Nice to see onsiders, stoic Dungy/Caldwell would have never done that. .

I am not a fan of Pep's at all. I will reserve opinion until I rewatch the game. But this was clearly our main competition in the divison that had been sitting at home waiting for 3 wks or at least in the state of Texas. We jumped on them and they fought back.

They got on a roll and made it a game. We helped them out some the crowd got into it. It is hard to win on the road against anyone. The Texans were in the conversation for the Super Bowl going into last year and it wasn't because Matt Schaub was the QB.

That D is very good. JJ is the best defensive player in the league not close and  is going to get MVP votes if he and the team keep playing well.

We went to Texas on 3 days rest and beat a team that was very motivated to win the game also. It shouldn't have been as close as it was. We definitely helped them but some of our poor play is because of the crowd and the Texans. They are a professional team as well.

We are not beating everyone 44-17 just not going to happen.

JJ Watt is overrated when he plays the Colts tbh. But yeah, its always these late game mistakes that happen that always give the team a chance. The bad play-calling in the red zone in Philly, the Ahmad Bradshaw fumble in the Ravens game, and then the Harrison botched snap.