Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our own worst enemy [Merge]

xXBOXADDICTx

Man if we could just clean up some of the dumb mistakes. I mean c'mon man! Seems every game we have a chance to blow it wide open only to let the other teams back in it or even blow the game. Just look back to the Bronco's and Eagles games. Nearly blew this one with the fumble late..

Clean it up and we are 5-0

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens red zone D is ridiculous...

Colts made mistakes theres no question, but minus the mistakes it was Colts all day long

Crazy that not once did we try a fade route to Nicks and let him out jump Ravens small CB's

Plenty of better plays we could've called in that Redzone. Yeah their defense nice but even the best get beat someday

You could say that for every team.  If every team cleans up their mistakes, they would be undefeated

Exactly....

Conversely the people talking down our previous two wins, I don't care who you are playing, you have to execute to win and the team did it handsomely but it seems like that doesn't count as it doesn't fit in with people's views on the team... 

I'm happy we have a W today at least or it would have been ugly again :P

Messy game all around. Had to laugh though... Same situation as the end of the Eagles game. That time they got criticized for throwing the ball. This time they run it and still end up turning it over.

Can't win, just can't win when it's the Colts

Smh. But thankfully defense got off the bus at kickoff. Offense must've went out to lunch and came back at halftime

Can't win, just can't win when it's the Colts

Smh. But thankfully defense got off the bus at kickoff. Offense must've went out to lunch and came back at halftime

I dunno we pretty much did "just win" the last two weeks but of course I forget those two games don't count in your eyes because of the opposition.

I guess you must be feeling pretty disappointed having stated you wanted the Ravens to win towards the end in the GD thread...

I made a post on FB during the Colts/Jags game about sloppy play against better teams will spell doom for the Colts. That was a blowout win but there were a lot of missed opportunities even in that game. Today. At home. Starting field position after turnovers. Defense played well. All advantages to the Colts and still couldn't put them away like they should have. A win is a win, its a work in progress but hope they can clean up this stuff as the season wears on   

So if the Raven didn't make all their mistakes, they should have won? I find it incredulous that so many people on this Forum can only see the game from one side.

We are all blowing trumpets for our D, why not respect the Ravens D, rather than blame our Offense? I don't see many criticising the Ravens Offense, instead we are praising our D. Our opponents are allowed to play well and stop us. It's in the Rules you know.

Pitiful? Gime me a break. Great win against a tough opponent.

Griff Whalen brings absolutely nothing to the return game. I really don't get why he stays on

Because, before today, he always secured possession. I think he'll get some heat in practice during the week. Because it's a short week, maybe no changes are made, but I definitely think his job as the primary punt returner is up for grabs. 

Relax everyone.  The Raven's defense is really good and the Colts won a hard fought game.  People keep commenting about Luck's interceptions.  Just remember during Manning's first three years he threw 58 interceptions.  28 in the first year as well as 15 in years 2 and 3.  I know the mistakes can cost the Colts the game, but the defense really showed up and the Colts overcame those mistakes.

You could say that for every team.  If every team cleans up their mistakes, they would be undefeated

Yes, but when you have Eagles game iced and give it away with a turnover, then have the Ravens game iced and once again try to give it away with a turnover in the final minutes, this is on a different level, and worth noting.  

Felt like we dominated the game today yet were only able to squeak out a win - I agree we need to stop making the "same" mistakes!   No one is perfect mistakes will happen, but when you make the sames mistakes game after game eventually they will catch up to you!

Yes, but when you have Eagles game iced and give it away with a turnover, then have the Ravens game iced and once again try to give it away with a turnover in the final minutes, this is on a different level, and worth noting.  

There is no game on ice if the other team is within 3 TDs.

So if the Raven didn't make all their mistakes, they should have won? I find it incredulous that so many people on this Forum can only see the game from one side.

We are all blowing trumpets for our D, why not respect the Ravens D, rather than blame our Offense? I don't see many criticising the Ravens Offense, instead we are praising our D. Our opponents are allowed to play well and stop us. It's in the Rules you know.

Roger that, very great win against a quality opponent. Their D was phenominal. I don't think many teams could've put up 400+ yards against them the way their D was playing today.

Roger that, very great win against a quality opponent. Their D was phenominal. I don't think many teams could've put up 400+ yards against them the way their D was playing today.

During the discussion about Davis and being a top tier CB Old Crow brought up Jimmy Smith, I have to say Smith played pretty well today. 

Stating the obvious but the Colts have got to find a way to stop turning the ball over at the end of games with the chance to go up by 2 scores. It cost them a win against the Eagles and very well could have cost them a win today. The Colts have the best kicker in the history of the game and twice now he hasn't even had a chance to extend leads because of turnovers. 

the Colts dominate this game but the coaches made severt \l mistakes ,  they should have just had Luck take a knee on that last drive and then kick the field goal and go up by 2 scores,  instead they turn the ball over to the ravens on Bradshaw's fumble.   The idiiot announcers talked like the Ravens were winning the game all day long, the refs screwed the Colts over and over,  the it was going I expected the Colts to lose at the very end but they didnt' allow the refs to steal this game from them.

So the Ravens defense made the Colts make all those mistakes? Let me get this straight, everytime our Colts make a mistake it was because of the opponant? You sir are a delusional Debbie Downer. What does the opposition have to do with boneheaded mistakes and poor playcalling? Get over yourself. I find it incredulous that you are so narrow minded to believe it is the "other teams" doings when our Colts players/coaches make mistakes that effect the outcome of the game. I don't suppose you know what the slang term "shoot yourself in the foot" means eh? Sure the Ravens D made a game of it, by capitalizing on our mistakes. And yes they play great defense, but to say they are the cause of the bonehead mistakes/ bad playcalling is just plain ignorant. You said "So if the Raven did'nt make all their mistakes, they should have won?" No I did'nt say that, the thread title clearly states what I said, don't put words in my mouth. I am merely stating that the dumb mistakes and bad playcalls as well as bad calls are making the games closer than they should be.

The ravens defense didn't really make any mistakes, I just think they were outmatched against the colt offense. That doesn't happen though without solid play from the OL.

Tough game..and a big one to get by..

Colts can take control Thursday night..and then everybody chases them for the last 3 months

Man if we could just clean up some of the dumb mistakes. I mean c'mon man! 

You mean like every team should? If every team cleaned up their mistakes, every game would end up in a tie. That's part of football. Enjoy it for what it is for christ sake. A win is a good thing, and we'll never be perfect.

Are you related to 1ydandacloudofdust?

the Colts dominate this game but the coaches made severt \l mistakes ,  they should have just had Luck take a knee on that last drive and then kick the field goal and go up by 2 scores,  instead they turn the ball over to the ravens on Bradshaw's fumble.   The idiiot announcers talked like the Ravens were winning the game all day long, the refs screwed the Colts over and over,  the it was going I expected the Colts to lose at the very end but they didnt' allow the refs to steal this game from them.

Your username suits you.

Because, before today, he always secured possession. I think he'll get some heat in practice during the week. Because it's a short week, maybe no changes are made, but I definitely think his job as the primary punt returner is up for grabs. 

I think he takes way too many chances field kicks with people in his face. There should be someone there to tell Griff it is ok to let some kicks go.

Man if we could just clean up some of the dumb mistakes. I mean c'mon man! Seems every game we have a chance to blow it wide open only to let the other teams back in it or even blow the game. Just look back to the Bronco's and Eagles games. Nearly blew this one with the fumble late..

Clean it up and we are 5-0

I actually agree with you here although I don't want this to be misconstrued as being negative.  The champion that we are striving to become, if we want it to materialize we have to choke the throat at every opportunity.  A win is most certainly a win, but just as a matter of principal we have to come up with more touchdowns out of all those many times we are in the red zone.  If not touchdowns at a minimum it should be field goals instead of game killing turnovers.  We almost had an Eagles game dejaveu there but we kept clawing and pulled it out.  

If we have several opportunities to break the game open, then by all means let's be the Grim Reaper.  The Ravens D is certainly the real deal, but I think we should have beaten these guys by at least 14 or more with all the trips in the red zone.  It's no complaint just something to improve on for future contests like the one on Thursday.