Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2015 Fanspeak Colts Mock Drafts

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Herron being re-signed, He is a FA at the end of the year and only has played in 55 offensive snaps all year and his name has only been called 24 times out of those 55 snaps while only producing 83 yards total

I see Herron being re-signed.    He's a 3rd string running back and has done a nice job in that job.

I see Herron being re-signed.    He's a 3rd string running back and has done a nice job in that job.

I think we go for a Back that can compliment Ballard, Richardson and Bradshaw.....A Scat Back, A Back with much more acceleration then any Back on our roster, A true homerun threat

I think we go for a Back that can compliment Ballard, Richardson and Bradshaw.....A Scat Back, A Back with much more acceleration then any Back on our roster, A true homerun threat

Ballard, Bradshaw, and Richardson.

Would I like a scat back?    Sure.

But since Ballard and Bradshaw are serious health issue type of players,  they can't be counted on.  

And Richardson is.... well Richardson.

So, if one of them can't make a go of it,  then I think Herron steps in and does a very nice job for us.

I don't see Herron being re-signed, He is a FA at the end of the year and only has played in 55 offensive snaps all year and his name has only been called 24 times out of those 55 snaps while only producing 83 yards total

I really like his running style, so if he takes vet min, I'm all for bringing him back.  If not, I'm not opposed to taking a speedy back in the later rounds

A quick look shows McCourty, Stevie Brown, Rahim Moore.. Would love one of them.

And don't beat yourself up 21! haha

Only one free agent stands out to me: Pernell McPhee, LB Baltimore.  I can't see the Ravens letting him go.  Maybe Pagano's Baltimore connection can work one more time.  What would McPhee get on the open market?

Slow morning in the office. . .

28: R1P28

OLB SHAQ THOMPSON

WASHINGTON

60: R2P28

S DERRON SMITH

FRESNO STATE

92: R3P28

ILB A.J. JOHNSON

TENNESSEE

124: R4P28

CB CAM THOMAS

WESTERN KENTUCKY

156: R5P28

WR TYLER LOCKETT

KANSAS STATE

Decided to do my first mock on Fanspeak. Not real sure of a lot of the players, but I did this one the best I could and it came out like this.

DT MICHAEL BENNETT
OHIO STATE

OT TY SAMBRAILO
COLORADO STATE

JORDAN RICHARDS
STANFORD

WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE

CB CAM THOMAS
WESTERN KENTUCKY
180: R6P20

RB TERRENCE MAGEE
LSU
188: R6P28

DE RAY DREW
GEORGIA
218: R7P26

WR DEVIN SMITH
OHIO STATE

There are no Linebackers because of a combination of them going too quick and me not being impressed with a lot of them. Was going to take Perryman in the 2nd, but he went one pick before me. Bennett fills a glaring weakness on the D-Line and Sambrailo can replace Cherilus. We get our safety in Jordan Richards in the 3rd and a WR I really like in Devante Parker in the 4th. Cam Thomas is a steal (IMO) in the 5th, while we get a RB and DE in the 6th. Devin Smith is a nice 7th rounder that could work out and be a future WR along with Parker when Nicks (and possibly Wayne) leaves at the the end of the season.

There are no Linebackers because of a combination of them going too quick and me not being impressed with a lot of them. Was going to take Perryman in the 2nd, but he went one pick before me. Bennett fills a glaring weakness on the D-Line and Sambrailo can replace Cherilus. We get our safety in Jordan Richards in the 3rd and a WR I really like in Devante Parker in the 4th. Cam Thomas is a steal (IMO) in the 5th, while we get a RB and DE in the 6th. Devin Smith is a nice 7th rounder that could work out and be a future WR along with Parker when Nicks (and possibly Wayne) leaves at the the end of the season.

What glaring weakness do you see on the D-Line?

What glaring weakness do you see on the D-Line?

I don't think we have a true starter in either Chapman or Hughes. Chapman is average at best and even though Hughes is improving a bit, we don't have anyone great there. We can start Kerr there, but that's all we have right now. Really would like an amazing DT starting for us next year that could make a big impact.

I don't think we have a true starter in either Chapman or Hughes. Chapman is average at best and even though Hughes is improving a bit, we don't have anyone great there. We can start Kerr there, but that's all we have right now. Really would like an amazing DT starting for us next year that could make a big impact.

Chapman is solid. Grigson and Pagano seem happy with him. The 3-4 NT is the most physically demanding position in any defense, so it's very hard to find a star there. You'd have to have a can't miss prospect there to knock Chapman from the starter spot. Only guy I see in the draft who could do that is Leonard Williams, but we won't get him.

OT LA'EL COLLINS
LSU
G LAKEN TOMLINSON
DUKE
CB RONALD DARBY
FLORIDA STATE
DE DEVONTE FIELDS
TCU
RB KARLOS WILLIAMS
FLORIDA STATE
WR PHILLIP DORSETT
MIAMI
DE RAY DREW
GEORGIA
DE NOAH SPENCE
OHIO STATE

This is probably my favorite mock draft that I've done so far. Collins and Tomlinson are two good, young pieces to add to the offensive line. They're both good run blockers which would help open holes in the running game which will help to alleviate pressure from Luck. Darby is a really good prospect as a corner in a man to man defense but has had a few legal troubles at FSU. Devonte Fields is a good prospect as a pass-rusher but had an alleged domestic violence case at TCU. Karlos Williams was a safety earlier in his collegiate career but has moved to running back and plays violently. Dorsett is another weapon to add to Luck's receiving corps. Ray Drew is another high-potential piece to add to the defensive line in the 3-4 hybrid we run. Spence is another high upside pass-rusher that may fall after his dismissal for repeated drug test failure. All the defensive players I selected play with an attitude that I think all great defenses adopt. Overall, I think the Colt's needs matched up well with the players that were on the board.

This is what I managed to get on a fanspeak mock draft I just did:

26: R1P26

OLB SHAQ THOMPSON
WASHINGTON

58: R2P26

OT CAMERON ERVING
FLORIDA STATE

90: R3P26

JORDAN RICHARDS
STANFORD

122: R4P26

RB JAVORIUS ALLEN
USC

154: R5P26

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON

176: R6P16

WR LEVI NORWOOD
BAYLOR

186: R6P26

CB LADARIUS GUNTER
MIAMI

219: R7P27

CB KEVIN WHITE
TCU

RB MELVIN GORDON

WISCONSIN

ILB DENZEL PERRYMAN

MIAMI

DT MALCOLM BROWN

TEXAS

CB STEVEN NELSON

OREGON STATE

CB BYRON JONES

CONNECTICUT

OT TYRUS THOMPSON

OKLAHOMA

OLB MICHAEL ORAKPO

TEXAS STATE

MILES DIEFFENBACH

PENN STATE

DE RANDY GREGORY
NEBRASKA

CB RONALD DARBY
FLORIDA STATE
ANTHONY HARRIS
VIRGINIA
WR STEFON DIGGS
MARYLAND
ILB A.J. JOHNSON
TENNESSEE
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
DE NOAH SPENCE
OHIO STATE
TE BLAKE BELL
OKLAHOMA

Had to give in and give it a try, I have'nt done much scouting so it is what it is.

OT SPENCER DRANGO
BAYLOR
RB TEVIN COLEMAN
INDIANA
CB CHARLES GAINES
LOUISVILLE
DT GABE WRIGHT
AUBURN
S SAM CARTER
TCU
ILB A.J. JOHNSON
TENNESSEE
WR DAVARIS DANIELS
NOTRE DAME
G MILES DIEFFENBACH
PENN STATE

27: R1P27

ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY
MISSISSIPPI STATE

59: R2P27
S ANTHONY HARRIS
VIRGINIA
91: R3P27
OT SEAN HICKEY
SYRACUSE
123: R4P27
RB DAVID COBB
MINNESOTA
155: R5P27
CB DESHAZOR EVERETT
TEXAS A&M
179: R6P19
ILB A.J. JOHNSON
TENNESSEE
187: R6P27
DE FRANK CLARK
MICHIGAN
220: R7P28
CB KEVIN WHITE
TCU

Used Fanspeak and was satisfied. Perryman was available in round 1, but I went with McKinney since he can also play edge rusher. We get one of our safety's of the future with Harris who I think is better than Landon Collins. Wasn't sure about round 3, since we also need CB depth, but gotta groom someone to replace Cherilus.

In reality I think the Colts will have to move up in the draft. Safety, CB, and ILB are all pressing needs that need to be addressed early. I'm not sure what will be out there in Free Agency either, but I know ILB and safey are positions that have to be addressed via draft. But we could also use an upgrade at NT.

Never had this many Big 10 players in a mock draft before...but I'm liking this one.

DE RANDY GREGORY
NEBRASKA
DT DANNY SHELTON
WASHINGTON
RB TEVIN COLEMAN
INDIANA
CB DAMIAN SWANN
GEORGIA
OT ERIC LEFELD
CINCINNATI
S SAM CARTER
TCU
C DALLAS LEWALLEN
WISCONSIN
WR DEVIN SMITH
OHIO STATE

Never had this many Big 10 players in a mock draft before...but I'm liking this one.

DE RANDY GREGORY
NEBRASKA
DT DANNY SHELTON
WASHINGTON
RB TEVIN COLEMAN
INDIANA
CB DAMIAN SWANN
GEORGIA
OT ERIC LEFELD
CINCINNATI
S SAM CARTER
TCU
C DALLAS LEWALLEN
WISCONSIN
WR DEVIN SMITH
OHIO STATE

Boy if Coleman is there in the 3rd it would be hard to pass him up

I wish...

DE RANDY GREGORY

NEBRASKA

CB RONALD DARBY

FLORIDA STATE

S ANTHONY HARRIS

VIRGINIA

WR STEFON DIGGS

MARYLAND

ILB A.J. JOHNSON

TENNESSEE

RB TODD GURLEY

GEORGIA

DE NOAH SPENCE

OHIO STATE

TE BLAKE BELL

OKLAHOMA

I just got off work at 2:30 this morning, was bored so I ran a few mocks and I'll be posting them.  Hope you enjoy.  I went with OL first to help get the running game going and Coleman will be a beast.  I went defense with the rest of the picks.

OT CEDRIC OGBUEHI
TEXAS A&M

RB TEVIN COLEMAN
INDIANA

JOSUE MATIAS
FLORIDA STATE

DE ANTHONY CHICKILLO
MIAMI

DE DEVONTE FIELDS
TCU
184: R6P24

CB BYRON JONES
CONNECTICUT

TYLER HUNTER
FLORIDA STATE
217: R7P25

CB LADARIUS GUNTER
MIAMI

Here's another mock, mostly defense this time.

DT MICHAEL BENNETT
OHIO STATE

CB JALEN COLLINS
LSU

DE SHELDON DAY
NOTRE DAME

DT GABE WRIGHT
AUBURN

RB STORM WOODS
OREGON STATE

CB DESHAZOR EVERETT
TEXAS A&M

WR CHRISTION JONES
ALABAMA

AUSTIN COLLINSWORTH
NOTRE DAME

Here's my last mock for today.  I couldn't believe Amari Cooper was still there (I don't expect him to be there during the real draft, but a guy can dream, right?)

WR AMARI COOPER
ALABAMA

RB TEVIN COLEMAN
INDIANA

DE MARKUS GOLDEN
MISSOURI

CB QUANDRE DIGGS
TEXAS

DT LUTHER MADDY
VIRGINIA TECH

TYLER HUNTER
FLORIDA STATE

OLB XZAVIER DICKSON
ALABAMA

OT TORRIAN WILSON
UCF

Here's my last mock for today.  I couldn't believe Amari Cooper was still there (I don't expect him to be there during the real draft, but a guy can dream, right?)

WR AMARI COOPER
ALABAMA

RB TEVIN COLEMAN
INDIANA

DE MARKUS GOLDEN
MISSOURI

CB QUANDRE DIGGS
TEXAS

DT LUTHER MADDY
VIRGINIA TECH

TYLER HUNTER
FLORIDA STATE

OLB XZAVIER DICKSON
ALABAMA

OT TORRIAN WILSON
UCF

If Amari Cooper is there in the real draft for us, i don't see how Grigson passes him up. That would give us an incredible top 3 receivers. Sign Carter also and re-sign Whalen while signing a couple UDFA WR's and we're set for a long time again. Love Coleman also, my favorite RB in this draft.

DE SHANE RAY
MISSOURI

OT ERECK FLOWERS
MIAMI

CB SENQUEZ GOLSON
OLE MISS

RB JAVORIUS ALLEN
USC

WR CHRIS HARPER
CALIFORNIA

OLB XZAVIER DICKSON
ALABAMA

CB DESHAZOR EVERETT
TEXAS A&M

WR BRANDON CARTER
TCU

I did a couple drafts and this one seemed to come out the best. Shane Ray is the best pass rusher in the draft (IMO), and there are a lot of O-Lineman (especially tackles) that can be really good that will fall to the 2nd round. Golson can play CB or S, Allen is a solid RB, Harper and Carter are a good double down late on WR (if we get Cris Carter's son, we don't need WR as much), Dickson is a decent OLB, and Everett is a steal at the end of the 6th. I think this was a solid draft.

If Amari Cooper is there in the real draft for us, i don't see how Grigson passes him up. That would give us an incredible top 3 receivers. Sign Carter also and re-sign Whalen while signing a couple UDFA WR's and we're set for a long time again. Love Coleman also, my favorite RB in this draft.

So we have TY, Moncreif maybe this Carter kid and you want to resign Whalen as well as draft this kid with our #1 pick and a couple other UDFA's? We are carrying 4 wr's primarily because we have 3-4 TE's we use, where you gonna put all these receivers? Also, look at our oline, how would you go about addressing that wreck?

So we have TY, Moncreif maybe this Carter kid and you want to resign Whalen as well as draft this kid with our #1 pick and a couple other UDFA's? We are carrying 4 wr's primarily because we have 3-4 TE's we use, where you gonna put all these receivers? Also, look at our oline, how would you go about addressing that wreck?

Carter is a maybe as you said, and if we got Cooper by some grace of God, he would instantly be our no2 behind Hilton and we would only sign UDFA's as competition to see if we could improve over Whalen. As far as O-Line goes, we sign Iupati in Free Agency and draft an OT, simple as that. Maybe take a UDFA OT and OG as well and try to get lucky.

Carter is a maybe as you said, and if we got Cooper by some grace of God, he would instantly be our no2 behind Hilton and we would only sign UDFA's as competition to see if we could improve over Whalen. As far as O-Line goes, we sign Iupati in Free Agency and draft an OT, simple as that. Maybe take a UDFA OT and OG as well and try to get lucky.

You might not even have to do that . There are a lot of unknown pieces on the roster that could potentially fix the O-line. We've got Khaled Holmes, Shipley, Thorton, Nixon, and Ulrick John(assuming he's brought back). I'm assuming C, RG, and  RT are the positions everyone is worried about.

But I think you should be able to fix 2/3 of the holes with those guys. If they don't like Thorton at RG then they could try him at RT. They've tried Holmes at RG and that seemed to be an upgrade. At center they just need to play whoever the best center is on the roster (it's not Harrison) and play him. I don't care if its Shipley, Holmes, whoever, just play the best one.

Amari C at 28.........        facepalm.....

Posted · Hidden by Superman, December 25, 2014 - spamming
Hidden by Superman, December 25, 2014 - spamming

I ask nobody to buy colts products for 3 months if you play fantasy football. They say they do not care about those fans who play fantasy, well if they do not care about us then they should not care about us spending our money on them. Take Luck out??? Do they reallize this was the fantasy superbowls this week???? Well that pulling him just cost me $6000 dollars by 1 point!!!!!!!!!!! They probably do not care because it is just stupid fantasy football and $6000 means nothing to them, but as their fans and drafting their players, well guess what that $6000 is a lot of money for me. If you are not going to put your best team on the field and you do not care about your fans, then I guess that myself I have $6000 dollars I can't spend on Colts items. That money probably means nothing to you but it means a lot to me and probably a lot of other fantasy fans or yours. I ask all fantasy players not to buy Colt items off of their site but to wait for 3 to 6 months to let them know there is a lot of us to answer to.

G A.J. CANN

SOUTH CAROLINA

Animal at guard for SC. A big Mauler with good hips. GREAT run blocker, average pass blocker. Plus the Colts NEED O LINE.

RB DUKE JOHNSON

MIAMI

Taking a running back is risky here but he is a playmaker that the Colts need. Time to shift from bruising running backs to a back with acceleration, agility, and speed. Playmaker.

CB CODY RIGGS

NOTRE DAME

Need at CB. No depth right now and he would be a good fit. Tight coverage and big physical corner.

OLB DERRICK MALONE

OREGON

Can't believe he was still here in mine. Great pass rushing OLB and can lay the wood. Seems to be in every play and doesn't take plays off. His motor is very high.

S SAM CARTER

TCU

This TCU defense is pretty good. He has been solid for them. Not a crazy athletic playmaker but will make the tackle and can read quarterbacks and is able to pick off many passes. Not the best option here but I didn't go S earlier.

C B.J. FINNEY

KANSAS STATE

-- Outland Trophy Watch List

-- Rimington Trophy Watch List

-- Rotary Lombardi Trophy Watch List

-- Preseason All-Big 12

Seeming like he had a great Junior season and start of his Senior season. Need more offensive lineman and could be good depth or possible starter if we don't have better. Great pass blocker, okay run blocker.

189: R6P29

DT J.T. SURRATT

SOUTH CAROLINA

BIG DT with some speed. Great explosion off line. Would be a steal at this spot in the draft.

S ADRIAN AMOS

PENN STATE

Didn't get the best safety with the other picks so I figured I should take another... But really not a bad pick here. Not a big safety but the playmaking safety the Colts could use. Good a jumping in front of passes. Good hand for a safety. Could actually play CB. Not crazy size but enough to do the job.

Decided to do my first mock on Fanspeak. Not real sure of a lot of the players, but I did this one the best I could and it came out like this.

DT MICHAEL BENNETT

OHIO STATE

OT TY SAMBRAILO

COLORADO STATE

S JORDAN RICHARDS

STANFORD

WR DEVANTE PARKER

LOUISVILLE

CB CAM THOMAS

WESTERN KENTUCKY

RB TERRENCE MAGEE

LSU

DE RAY DREW

GEORGIA

WR DEVIN SMITH

OHIO STATE

No way Parker falls to fourth round as he's one of the best wrs in the draft. But I'd be ecstatic if we got him for sure.

I ask nobody to buy colts products for 3 months if you play fantasy football. They say they do not care about those fans who play fantasy, well if they do not care about us then they should not care about us spending our money on them. Take Luck out??? Do they reallize this was the fantasy superbowls this week???? Well that pulling him just cost me $6000 dollars by 1 point!!!!!!!!!!! They probably do not care because it is just stupid fantasy football and $6000 means nothing to them, but as their fans and drafting their players, well guess what that $6000 is a lot of money for me. If you are not going to put your best team on the field and you do not care about your fans, then I guess that myself I have $6000 dollars I can't spend on Colts items. That money probably means nothing to you but it means a lot to me and probably a lot of other fantasy fans or yours. I ask all fantasy players not to buy Colt items off of their site but to wait for 3 to 6 months to let them know there is a lot of us to answer to.

Lol wut

24: R1P24

CB MARCUS PETERS

WASHINGTON

56: R2P24

OT ERECK FLOWERS

MIAMI

88: R3P24

WR SAMMIE COATES

AUBURN

120: R4P24

DE ELI HAROLD

VIRGINIA

152: R5P24

JARVIS HARRISON

TEXAS A&M

JERMAINE WHITEHEAD

AUBURN

191: R6P31

DT J.T. SURRATT

SOUTH CAROLINA

214: R7P22

RB MICHAEL DYER

LOUISVILLE

Bored again.  Did 4 mock drafts today.  I saw someone did an all offense draft which gave me the idea to do an all offense, an all defense, a balanced and my ideal draft.  Have fun ripping them apart.  LOL

All defensive draft

24: R1P24

DE RANDY GREGORY NEBRASKA

56: R2P24

S GEROD HOLLIMAN LOUISVILLE

88: R3P24

DE HAUOLI KIKAHA WASHINGTON

120: R4P24

DT LOUIS TRINCA-PASAT IOWA

152: R5P24

CB JOSH SHAW USC