Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RIP My Fantasy Team

After winning both of my leagues last year, it's time to say, RIP, Andrew Luck's Beard of 2014.

So, last week, I discovered that Matt Forte hadn't scored enough points for my friend to beat me in our matchup. I won 98-97, and I was very happy, since that made me 3-0 so far. However, little did I know that this was to happen.

ScreenShot2014-09-28at100740PM_zps831bfe

ScreenShot2014-09-28at100622PM_zpsd3ba67

Yup, two more points to the Denver defense that he was starting, which was enough to bring him up to 99-98 to make me 2-1.

That sounds pretty bad, right? Well, to make it even worse, we're both 2-1 now, and he has the head-to-head advantage over me in our conference.

ScreenShot2014-09-28at101250PM_zpsc02c2a

And this week isn't looking any better, either.

ScreenShot2014-09-28at101414PM_zps580c3a

This isn't an overreaction. I won 69-63 Week 1, and scored 108 points in Week 2 (although the Bills defense got me 21, Alfred Morris and Arian Foster both got 20, and Julio Jones got 14. The other 5 players (Brees, Colston, Witten, Vincent Jackson, and Vinatieri) got me a total 33 points that week).

Let's mourn together, fellow fantasy players whose seasons are already over!

You brought this upon yourself by drafting Brees. The cardinal rule of fantasy football is you never draft a qb in the first three rounds

Tell that to the rest of the people in my league. Luck was drafted with the sixth overall pick, and Manning and Rodgers were gone shortly after. I didn't want to get stuck with Kaepernick as my weekly starter or something.

Oh yeah, and the Seahawks D was taken in the third round. Not your typical draft.

I think the whole FFL is on it's head with all of the injuries and suspensions.

I have two teams in 2 different leagues and the only player I've lost thus far is Kyle Rudolph.  

I'm 2-2 in both though.  (In one all the players have played so I have a win there, in the other one all he has left is his kicker and he's down by 20.)

I have two teams in 2 different leagues and the only player I've lost thus far is Kyle Rudolph.  

I'm 2-2 in both though.  (In one all the players have played so I have a win there, in the other one all he has left is his kicker and he's down by 20.)

If that's the case you are pretty lucky to have avoided the injuries and suspensions. I have played FFL for a long time and there is one thing I have learned, You never can tell what is going to happen. I guess that's why they call it fantasy? :woah:

If that's the case you are pretty lucky to have avoided the injuries and suspensions. I have played FFL for a long time and there is one thing I have learned, You never can tell what is going to happen. I guess that's why they call it fantasy? :woah:

Yeah I know. . . that's why I'm constantly patrolling the waiver wire.  

Tell that to the rest of the people in my league. Luck was drafted with the sixth overall pick, and Manning and Rodgers were gone shortly after. I didn't want to get stuck with Kaepernick as my weekly starter or something.

Oh yeah, and the Seahawks D was taken in the third round. Not your typical draft.

So what youre saying is you drafted with a bunch of *s and instead of taking advantage of them you decided to join in the stupidity?

Everytime one of your buddies took a qb, your chances of getting a first round quality rb in the second round increased.

Also you didnt have to get stuck with Kap. Matt Ryan fell to atleast the 4th round in every draft I was in. Cutler and Rivers were always available in the 6th. Guess which three qbs are out scoring Brees by about 20 points each?