Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• In 2011 Falcons selected WR Julio Jones with 6th overall pick from Cleveland Browns, giving up a package of 5 draft picks … Atlanta's No. 27 overall 2011 1st round pick, their 2012 1st round pick, 2011 2nd & 4th round picks, & a 2012 4th round pick. Ergo, there’s precedence.   I remember at the time thinking Atlanta was crazy to give that much up.  I also remember thinking a couple of years later, Falcons have a star receiver, one of the best in the game, so did giving up so much really matter?   I also remember the hype surrounding a Julio Jones at his time of being drafted, and he was NOT touted as being as sure fire as Marvin Harrison Junior currently is.  Also note, if the Colts trade up, the team dropping down is not dropping down as far as Cleveland did back in 2011 (6 to 27) as compared to, say, 4 to 15, so it might not cost quite as much as Atlanta gave up.   i am inclined to say pull the move up trigger.
    • Yeah I was unclear on that, my bad. To me there's a difference between total resources and 1st round picks. Meaning we'll have a high end cap hit on the lines typically. But I don't think he's shown he's opposed to drafting any position group in the first
    • im back, and still think ballard sucks. so there's that
    • Thanks @Superman for posting everything for those of us who couldn’t follow live.
    • Here's what I think.  He told us what he's going to do, or at least expecting to do. He said: "We're gonna trade back (three times)"  He loves the OL in the class. (yes, he said you could get one in round three, BUT I expect one higher) Asked about weapons for a young QB: He said,  "protect them. block; keep them safe." Look at all the teams in the playoffs, they can protect. "Andrew used to tell me, "just block for me; I'll do the rest" "Do they want a superstar receiver? YES, but block for me; keep em blocked." Oh yeah, and there's a corollary to that. There are two ways to beat a great QB (offense); one is pass defend, but the other is sacking and disrupting. So, I'm guessing we trade back in the first for more picks; we are just as likely to pick an early round OL, DL as we are a CB or WR.   and with that, I hope we end up with Brock Bowers  
  • Members

• rockywoj

rockywoj 1,757

• Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life 4,246

• Superman

Superman 20,631

Moderators
    • boo2202

boo2202 665

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1