Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not just Coby TEs have only 2 catches

The team has 260 yards of offense, 16 first downs, about to hit 20 points, (presumably), and aside from some mistakes have been unstoppable. If the TEs don't figure in so far, oh well. Just keep moving the ball and scoring points. That's all that matters.

I really want to see him emerge as an impact player. Seems he's fallen off a bit, maybe partially influenced by a plethora of weaponry on our team. 

Most of us do. Just, during the game when we're in control, I couldn't care less who's getting work. 

The team has 260 yards of offense, 16 first downs, about to hit 20 points, (presumably), and aside from some mistakes have been unstoppable. If the TEs don't figure in so far, oh well. Just keep moving the ball and scoring points. That's all that matters.

I agree! With all the weapons we have everyone can't shine every game. Te' and rb's were huge last week. I think they will spread the wealth throughout the year. Take what teams give us.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The 2006 team was the greatest and it is not even a debate. They went 10-0 at home including the playoffs, 16-4 overall, and most importantly won the SB = they finished. The 2005 team during the regular season beat teams by a wider margin but lost in the divisional round. That team did not have Adam Vinatieri either, the 2006 team did. In 2006 we seen the best of Bob Sanders in the playoffs and we went through Ray Lewis/Ed Reed/Steve McNair at Baltimore, and beat Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the AFC Title Game. Also in respect to the 2009 team, that team didn't have Vinatieri either, nor did it have Marvin Harrison or Bob Sanders, Dungy wasn't the Coach as well. It is 2006 hands down.
    • Probably 2005, that  team was loaded and then played a tragically bad game to the sixth seeded Steelers in the playoffs.    
    • In addition to some of the examples from @stitches:   - Was your offense restricted last season by having a less mobile QB? If so, in what ways? - Your offense was bottom third in play action attempts last season. Can you talk about how play action fits in your offense, and how it might be affected by the physical ability of the QB? - Your defense had some really good stretches, but was less effective against good QBing. (Example, short clock but long TD drives against the Bills/Packers, etc.) What will it take for the defense to take another step forward this season? - What will be Press Taylor's role on the staff? Will that differ from his role in Philly? - You went from a RB coach with decades of experience, to one who hasn't played or directly coached RBs so far. What went into that decision and what kind of impact might it have on the RB group? - At what positions do you think you most need improved playmaking? - How do you think the limited college season, no Combine, and restricted travel might impact prospect evaluation? - To what extent, if any, do you think being the primary play caller impacts your game management and decision making? - Do you still have weekly protection meetings like you did in 2018? How might those be impacted by the changes on the coaching staff?   Just saying, there's a lot of meat out there. Don't have to keep gnawing at the same bone.   Imagine this group trying to cover Gregg Popovich...
    • In your opinion what team was the best Colts team ever?
    • I think the biggest issue with this mock is it is assuming that filling spots on the OL is as simple as just that. We have a void at LT, so we trade our starting center to then draft one. Then we use another draft pick to get a new center. On paper, that fills the needs, but OL is so much more than that. This isn't Madden where you can insert any G with comparable skills and gets the same result. Chemistry is one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle for an OL and that's not plug and play. If you have members of your OL playing at a high level, you don't trade them away, because you're not just potentially weakening that position, but also the ones around it.   I'm all for out of the box thinking and appreciate your mocks presenting situations that most of us would never think of. With that, the further "out of the box" you get, the more criticism you'll typically get. With this one, I think the criticism is less with the players picked (I love Darrisaw, just not that high), and more to do with the disruption of OL chemistry that is never a good idea.
  • Members

• FRW

FRW 125

• BlackTiger

BlackTiger 57

• RDNScot

RDNScot 0

Rookie
    • Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 1,547

• Tsarquise

Tsarquise 443