Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

Thanks for coming  for NFL Game Day, Colts fans!  :)   Our Indianapolis Colts have a chance to even their  regular season record to 2-2 and .500 this afternoon as they host the 1-2 Tennessee Titans at LOS (the building) this afternoon.  Colts finally won their first game overall in 2014 last week when they defeated   at the Jacksonville Jaguars, while then Titans lost 33-7  last Sunday at Cincinnati.

Charlie Whitehurst is starting at QB for the Titans in place of incumbent  Jake Locker, who suffered a wrist injury.  Titans are also overcoming the surprise tragedy of their former kicker Rob Bironus, who died in an auto accident.  Last Friday was also the two-year anniversary of Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano admittance to the hospital to cure his leukemia, and the beginning of the Chuck Strong campaign. Current Arizona Cardinals Head Coach  Bruce Arians took leadership as the Colts interim Head Coach leading the Colts in the sidelines, during  Coach Pagano's absence in the 2012 season.

Today is also the 40th all-time regular-season meeting between the Colts and the Titans. Colts lead the all-time regular season series 25 games to 14, a rivalry that begin when the Baltimore Colts defeated the Houston Oilers 24-20 at the Astrodome after the AFL-NFL merger way back on October 11, 1970.

Colts have also  won 10 of the last 11 regular season games over the Titans since 2008, the only blemish a 27-10 Titans win back on October 10, 2011, and are also on a current five-game winning streak over Tennessee. 

Kevin Harlan and former NFL QB Rich Gannon are announcing the live TV game commentary for The NFL On CBS, seen regionally in the USA including KREM Channel 2 in Spokane, WA, and locally in Indianapolis on WISH-TV CBS Channel 8, all stations seen live on HD.

Bob Lamey. our 'Voice Of The Colts,' and former NFL Colts and N.Y. Giants QB Jim Sorgi are announcing the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Matt Taylor, simulcast on flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM, and WLHK Country 97.1FM, and the Colts/Vectren Radio Network.

LOS's roof may be closed to keep everyone cool inside for this afternoon's 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because clear and partly skies is the local game time forecast at 77 degrees, 39% precipitation , 0% humidity, and very mild northeast winds at 2 miles per hour.

Colts are wearing their traditional blue jerseys and white pants, while the visiting Titans are wearing their white jerseys, and sky blue pants.

NO further injuries to both the Colts and Titans. Stay both Colts Strong and Chuck Strong, win your second straight game, and GO COLTS!!!!!    :rock:  :cheer:  :coltslogo:  :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshorse:  :coltslogo:   :cheer:  :D

Complete Colts Vs. Titans Pre Game Release In Adobe Reader PDF, And NFL TV Distribution Map In Green:

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2014/gamerelease-reg04.pdf

http://506sports.com/

Colts Vs. Titans Live NFL Game Centers:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2014/regular4

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014092803/2014/REG4/titans@colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

Colts Vs. Titans Pre Game Injury Reports:

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.titansonline.com/team/injury-report.html

Titans are also overcoming the surprise tragedy of their former kicker Rob Bironus, who died in an auto accident.  Last Friday was also the two-year anniversary of Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano admittance to the hospital to cure his leukemia, and the beginning of the Chick Strong campaign. 

I believe that was Chuck Strong...but what's an i between friends!  :D

GO COLTS!!!!

Predictions; Our reinvigorated run game continues into this week.

We feast on multiple turnovers. 

Luck plays a spotless game, getting Nicks and Wayne more involved. 

Mod note for post-game threads: many people aren't too fond of these post-game threads, so we are going to try to change things up.  The post-game threads will NOT be created by mods after the game.  Members are free to make their own threads after the game about whatever topics they like.  However, locking and merging threads may still occur if deemed necessary by the mods (for example, 1 line vent threads or threads of similar topics).  During the game, those 1 line vent threads will also be locked, but threads that are more conducive to discussion (for example, a player getting injured) will be left open.  Please PM a mod if there are any questions.

There's actually a couple titans fans that think the colts think this is an ez game and won't try as hard. Fools. Go Colts!

There's actually a couple titans fans that think the colts think this is an ez game and won't try as hard. Fools. Go Colts!

No game is easy

Woohooo game day is here !!!  Let's play hard and bring home the WIN.  GOOOOOOO Colts !!!

We'll be facing Whitehurst, not Locker.  Either way, time to get to .500!

Hey man...it's my rookie game, fingers crossed it's a repeat of last week :P

It's always a bit nerve racking during the early part of a game when playing an unknown quantity at QB... But heck this is in Lucas Oil! Let's get Reggie and T.Y. going today!

I think Locker's time in Tennessee is limited.  He hasn't been able to stay healthy and he wasn't picked by the current coaching staff

I think Locker's time in Tennessee is limited.  He hasn't been able to stay healthy and he wasn't picked by the current coaching staff

It was a make or break season and unfortunately it's Locker who broke..

I tend to agree esp. Since they signed Whitehurst and drafted Mettenbergerf