shakedownstreet

Fired or no?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Keep his job?

• Fired
    • Retained
    • Demoted to water boy
    • Tarred, feathered, and tossed into the Ohio River

It's hard to say.  On the one hand, he has been there for the franchise to go from the very low lows to now being one of the most complete teams in the league.  Having that patience with him has really paid of for the franchise overall as they are now one of the top teams in the AFC and are having a really good year despite losing multiple coaches from his staff.

On the other hand, he hasn't had any playoff success.  I don't know if that comes from poor preparation or bad gameplans or maybe their practices operate such that the players are completely exhausted when the playoffs come.  I think it comes down to what the franchise sees as being the reason for his lack of playoff success.  Does the franchise say it's Dalton who is to blame for the poor playoff performances the last couple of years, or  is it the head coach?  I think if Dalton has another terrible game when the playoffs come around this year, he will be more on the hot seat than Marvin.  If Dalton plays well and they still don't win, then they might let Marvin go (and I certainly wouldn't oppose the Colts bringing him on)