Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1yrdandacloudofdust

Denver CB Harris says Wilson is better than Luck [Merge]

The bolded statement is not that easy to execute :).

It is when the most difficult thing you have to do is hand someone a ball :P

So you think he's better than Luck because Luck had a bad game? That argument isn't any better.

Not just one game. Even against the Broncos.

I just think Wilson makes lesser mistakes.

Which is why wins and losses are and always have been team stats. If not, we'd be talking about the fact that Luck is 1-0 vs the Seahawks, and how that makes him better than Wilson.

That's not a knock against Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks being dominant against those top 4 QBs has very little to do with Wilson, and a lot more to do with that obnoxious defense. Doesn't hurt that six of those seven games have been played in Seattle. One of them was the Fail Mary game, which Wilson was sort of bad in. He was bad in the playoff game against the Saints, also. Again, not knocking him, but there's a reason why wins aren't a player stat.

Amen bro... well said.. Can't say it any better

Take Russell Wilson out of the Seahawks and put ANY other starting quarterback on that roster. Do they still make the playoffs? Probably.

How many quarterbacks can step into the Indianapolis Colts roster and go to the playoffs, Four? Five? Maybe six?

But on the flip side I think that if Wilson were the QB of the Colts they would make the playoffs.

LOL

Seriously, I've had nothing but good things to say about Russell Wilson since day one. I think he's an incredible young QB, and always have. Two years ago, I was telling people to stop lumping him in with Robert Griffin just because they both run read option. 

Over the past year or so, I don't think anyone really has had anything negative to say about him. That's why I don't understand this boogeyman that's being propped up. Everyone know how good Russell Wilson is.

Love me some RW, personally. Dude hasn't got a serious flaw one. Polished, confident. Anyone that pretends to hate him is just showing up. 

Take Russell Wilson out of the Seahawks and put ANY other starting quarterback on that roster. Do they still make the playoffs? Probably.

How many quarterbacks can step into the Indianapolis Colts roster and go to the playoffs, Four? Five? Maybe six?

Dont be so sure. His value is very under rated.

Just take today's game for example against the Denver. The game winning drive is all Wilson.

Not just one game. Even against the Broncos.

I just think Wilson makes lesser mistakes.

So, two games?

Thing is, every QB has a bad game now and then. Even Russell Wilson. But yes, I do think he makes fewer mistakes, he's generally more efficient, and that is demonstrated by his better passer rating. 

Dont be so sure. His value is very under rated.

Just take today's game for example against the Denver. The game winning drive is all Wilson.

Great, one drive in a game doesn't make you a superb quarterback. Dan Orlovsky had a great game against the New England Patriots in 2011. Does that make him a good QB?

Seriously, you think thats all Wilson does?.

Do you see that emoticon there next to my post?

Great, one drive in a game doesn't make you a superb quarterback. Dan Orlovsky had a great game against the New England Patriots in 2011. Does that make him a good QB?

Do you see that emoticon there next to my post?

:). Keep the fandom aside for a moment and give your opinion.

Again, like who?

I just said there are some that feel the need to put Wilson down to prop Luck up....not a lot of fans but there are some, Now no specific names off the top of my head do happen to come to mind and even if they did I don't think it wise to be name dropping and starting another forum war only to have this thread closed, I probably just should have left it at that they are not that far apart talent wise

I just said there are some that feel the need to put Wilson down to prop Luck up....not a lot of fans but there are some, Now no specific names off the top of my head do happen to come to mind and even if they did I don't think it wise to be name dropping and starting another forum war only to have this thread closed, I probably just should have left it at that they are not that far apart talent wise

Good judgment on your part, you're right, no reason to call out names. I'm just saying, I don't see a whole lot of people bad mouthing Russell Wilson around these parts. Or any parts, for that matter.

There's always a troll here and there, but generally speaking, Russell Wilson is held in high regard.

At least some of you make some vaild points to pick Wilson

Media picks Wilson just cause he has a ring...... Never understood that logic. Cause you have a ring, you're better?

Guess Tyrod Taylor is better than. Andrew Luck too?

:dunno:

:). Keep the fandom aside for a moment and give your opinion.

My opinion? 

Luck and Wilson are both dynamic quarterbacks, and the epitome of sportsmanship and character in the NFL.

I think Luck is asked to do more than Wilson, and I have thought that since they were drafted. Because of the heavier burden that Luck bears on carrying his team, I would say that the success of Luck versus the success of Wilson is greater, because as Luck goes, so to go the Colts. Wilson having a bad game does not affect his team in the same way because of Marshawn Lynch. 

Don't even bring up the super bowl ring nonsense- remember, Trent Dilfer has a ring while Dan Marino does not.

So, two games?

Thing is, every QB has a bad game now and then. Even Russell Wilson. But yes, I do think he makes fewer mistakes, he's generally more efficient, and that is demonstrated by his better passer rating.

He throws through huge windows because of the run gm. But he is more accurate on deep passes. But he doeant get hit as much while throwing. I think Luck would have a ring with Sea and the colts would be an 8 or 9 win team with wilson.

I hate how Harris even brought up Luck. That kind of upset me. He could've said it without putting Luck down, now I hope we get another shot at those clowns.

But on the flip side I think that if Wilson were the QB of the Colts they would make the playoffs.

Eh.. he would have to play hero ball like Luck because Colts fans would go crazy if they fed it to T Rich and Bradshaw 20-25 times like he does with Lynch in Seattle. He better get the same heckle as Luck for not getting it to all the weapons.

Wilson is a good QB....Luck is a good QB. Who cares.

I'm happy the colts have Andrew and I wouldn't trade him for any other QB.

At least you can run block...

You haven't been watching Seattle too closely.  Their O line is at best mediocre to approaching average at everything.  Okung is at best  an average left tackle.  They have the proverbial underachiever

/ borderline bust at one guard and a converted D lineman at the other guard.  A good center and a rookie that's too young to judge yet.   The converted D lineman and rookie may develop, but Carpenter and Okung are as good as they will ever be.  Carpenter will probably be let go after the season and Okung will not see another contract there.

Eh.. he would have to play hero ball like Luck because Colts fans would go crazy if they fed it to T Rich and Bradshaw 20-25 times like he does with Lynch in Seattle. He better get the same heckle as Luck for not getting it to all the weapons.

All Indy has to do to make the playoffs is have a better record than the Texans, Titans, and Jaguars. Wilson could help guide them to that. And who knows how the offense would run.

See, this is why I don't like speaking in hypotheticals. lol

Ya let's listen to what some db who gets beat regularly when he plays thinks. Last year when the two qb's played who ended up winning? Luck is like Peyton when it comes to the debate, because the Colts D is so crappy they have to put up 30pts a game just to have a chance. Wilson would not have won a SB last year with Indy's D

Russell is a good quarterback, but he doesn't have to do much. His job is essentially "don't screw up"

That's an inaccurate comment.

He could've said it without putting Luck down, now I hope we get another shot at those clowns.

He didn't put Luck down.  He just said he thought Wilson is a better OB.  he didn't say anything insulting about Luck in any way.

You haven't been watching Seattle too closely.  Their O line is at best mediocre to approaching average at everything.  Okung is at best  an average left tackle.  They have the proverbial underachiever

/ borderline bust at one guard and a converted D lineman at the other guard.  A good center and a rookie that's too young to judge yet.   The converted D lineman and rookie may develop, but Carpenter and Okung are as good as they will ever be.  Carpenter will probably be let go after the season and Okung will not see another contract there.

Not sure how that pertains to my post. I'm very aware of what the Seahawks line looks like. But they run block. And compared to the Colts, well, prior to this year, there was no comparison. 

He didn't put Luck down. He just said he thought Wilson is a better OB. he didn't say anything insulting about Luck in any way.

He mentioned Luck's name. He shouldn't have. Just compliment Wilson and leave Luck out of it. Harris sounds like a loudmouth

He mentioned Luck's name. He shouldn't have. Just compliment Wilson and leave Luck out of it. Harris sounds like a loudmouth

I think you are much too sensitive on this one.  Wilson, Luck and RGIII will always be connected.

I must be missing all this hate on Russell Wilson. I haven't seen any, but I've seen several people here suggest that Wilson is better than Luck.

Yea indeed you're missing it. Lots of people degrade him and even say the Seahawks would win with any QB

Not sure how that pertains to my post. I'm very aware of what the Seahawks line looks like. But they run block. And compared to the Colts, well, prior to this year, there was no comparison. 

They run block poorly.  They block poorly period.  Lynch has to fight for every yard he gets.

Yea indeed you're missing it. Lots of people degrade him and even say the Seahawks would win with any QB

Saying the Seahawks would win with any QB isn't necessarily a shot against Wilson. It's a testament to how good people think the Seahawks are, aside from the QB position. And it's obviously not an accurate statement to make, but very few would argue with the idea that the Seahawks are better than the Colts, overall.

People degrading Wilson? Yeah, I don't see that at all. Or just completely ignore it when I do see it, because it's so ridiculous. I don't know...

Saying the Seahawks would win with any QB isn't necessarily a shot against Wilson. It's a testament to how good people think the Seahawks are, aside from the QB position. And it's obviously not an accurate statement to make, but very few would argue with the idea that the Seahawks are better than the Colts, overall.

People degrading Wilson? Yeah, I don't see that at all. Or just completely ignore it when I do see it, because it's so ridiculous. I don't know...

That's a knock against Wilson. It's in a lot of places.

That's a knock against Wilson. It's in a lot of places.

I disagree. I don't think that's a knock against Wilson. JMO

Which is why i added the next sentence. He didnt make any turnovers and did his part.

Which goes to show that you can't compare Wilson to Luck. Wilson isn't asked NEARLY as much as Luck is asked to do in a football game. You put Wilson on the Colts, and he doesn't have as good of stats, and honestly probably cant do what Luck has done up to this point. You put Luck in Seattle, and he goes above and beyond what Wilson does because Luck has more talent and intelligence and you cant argue that.

:).

Look i love Andrew Luck but Russell Wilson is really creeping ahead a bit.

He is 7-0 lifetime against Rodgers/Brees/Manning and Brady. I know they have a good defense in Seattle but he does his part.

Luck is 1-0 against Wilson. Last time I checked it was a team that wins over other teams, not just the QB

Maybe he was asked the question to compare the two?

Truly professional players avoid trap questions, and focus their comments on their team, in a positive light while espousing nothing but support. They avoid comments and questions meant to stir the pot and disrespect fellow NFL players with other teams. 

Luck: 912 yards 9 TD's 3 INT's 69% completion %

Wilson: 651 yards 6 TD's 1 INT 69% completion %

I'd argue it.

Pretty close...

This should be motivation for Pep and Co. Get things together. Attack every inch of the field. I blame them for this even being a discussion

Lol, I blame you.