Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cardinals Cheerleader Arrested for Domestic Violence

Vance

Arizona Cardinals cheerleader and Iraq war vet Megan Welter arrested for beating boyfriend over flirty text

An Iraq war veteran turned cheerleader for the Arizona Cardinals has been arrested for assaulting her boyfriend at her Scottsdale home. 

Megan Welter called police for help getting her professional fighter boyfriend to leave her home after the couple argued about a flirty text message he had sent to an ex-girlfriend. 

When police arrived at her home however, it was Welter who was arrested after cell phone footage recorded by her boyfriend showed the 29-year-old cheerleader hitting and scratching him and yelling: 'Who is she?' as he pleaded with her to stop, according to 3TV.

In the 911 call Welter, who spent 16 months serving her county and leading a platoon in Iraq, claimed that her boyfriend had choked her until she went dizzy, 'smashed [her] head into a tile' and was refusing to leave the house.

When police spoke to her though they said there was no evidence of bruising or marks on her. Her boyfriend however, was found to have scratches on his arms, chest and shoulder.

http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/national/166994-arizona-cardinals-cheerleader-and-iraq-war-vet-megan-welter-arrested-for-beating-boyfriend-over-flirty-text.html

So, she's getting suspended/let go...right?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puts a different spin on things, I must admit..

..are cheerleaders actually part of the NFL...? Do they have contracts?

I have a friend in New Orleans who's daughter was a cheerleader from 2007 and 2008, and from what I know of, i don't think they are on contract with the NFL, because her daughter had to pay out of her pocket for the uniforms. I don't know all the details and this was 7 years ago, so it may have changed by then.

With all this focus on domestic abuse a lot don't realize that there a lot of women who abuse their husbands and or boyfriends. The larger part of men will not even press charges or make it known because of looking weak or scared of a woman. It is more common than most think. There are a lot of females who are real good at playing the victim when actually they are the ones passing out the abuse.

With all this focus on domestic abuse a lot don't realize that there a lot of women who abuse their husbands and or boyfriends. The larger part of men will not even press charges or make it known because of looking weak or scared of a woman. It is more common than most think. There are a lot of females who are real good at playing the victim when actually they are the ones passing out the abuse.

+1

Erin Pizzy who opened up one of the first women's shelters in the UK said as much that she was quickly surprised as to how violent many of her "victims" really where.

As far as this girl, if we're suspending players for it, then I don't care if she has a contract with the team or not she needs to be suspended.  And since we arn't waiting anymore for silly things like trials as in Adrian Peterson's case then I say we don't need to wait on her's either.

+1

Erin Pizzy who opened up one of the first women's shelters in the UK said as much that she was quickly surprised as to how violent many of her "victims" really where.

As far as this girl, if we're suspending players for it, then I don't care if she has a contract with the team or not she needs to be suspended.  And since we arn't waiting anymore for silly things like trials as in Adrian Peterson's case then I say we don't need to wait on her's either.

I have mixed thoughts on the last part of your comment. Even though the Rice case has a tape as evidence and there are pictures in the Peterson case along with his admission, someone being automatically guilty without a trial is against our constitution. I do believe in due process of law no matter right or wrong. What surprises me even more is the players union not stepping in and pressing those beliefs. That is not intended to support anything these players do but just on principle alone. Last time I checked all of us are suppose to be assumed innocent till proved guilty legally.

I have mixed thoughts on the last part of your comment. Even though the Rice case has a tape as evidence and there are pictures in the Peterson case along with his admission, someone being automatically guilty without a trial is against our constitution. I do believe in due process of law no matter right or wrong. What surprises me even more is the players union not stepping in and pressing those beliefs. That is not intended to support anything these players do but just on principle alone. Last time I checked all of us are suppose to be assumed innocent till proved guilty legally.

Due process of law only applies to Criminal/Civil cases in court. Your employer can have whatever due process they want. The Constitution does not limit businesses or entities that are not a part of the US Government.

You have right to freedom of speech, but if you call your boss an * you can get fired.

You have the right to bear arms, but most businesses say you can't carry a firearm while on the clock

Is the NFL right to do what they have been doing? Absolutely. it's a case of "We don't want to be associated with whatever it is you're being accused of."

Due process of law only applies to Criminal/Civil cases in court. Your employer can have whatever due process they want. The Constitution does not limit businesses or entities that are not a part of the US Government.

You have right to freedom of speech, but if you call your boss an * you can get fired.

You have the right to bear arms, but most businesses say you can't carry a firearm while on the clock

Is the NFL right to do what they have been doing? Absolutely. it's a case of "We don't want to be associated with whatever it is you're being accused of."

For the first offense the NFL used to wait until the trial was completed.  (They would punish sooner on a 2nd offense if you've already been found guilty once and I think that's ok)

But with Adrian Peterson the moral outrage machine went into overdrive and they didn't want to wait for a trial.

Therefore if the accusation is enough for a suspension she needs to go.  Along with Hope Solo.

The BIG difference is the man can stop the violence, the woman cannot.

This is the biggest misconception. Women favor the use of weapons to make up for the lack of strength. Can you disarm a woman coming at you with a knife, or matrix dodge projectiles thrown at your head? Can you spidey sense a revolver pointed at you while you sleep?

Also, when you "stop" her from attacking you, that is considered domestic violence - against her.

This is the biggest misconception. Women favor the use of weapons to make up for the lack of strength. Can you disarm a woman coming at you with a knife, or matrix dodge projectiles thrown at your head? Can you spidey sense a revolver pointed at you while you sleep?

Also, when you "stop" her from attacking you, that is considered domestic violence - against her.

Ok.....

The mantra of every person who likes to blame male victims.

Explain to me how you stop someone from hitting you when they are determined to hit you without hurting them?  

The problem is honestly made worse because a lot of people don't believe it's even wrong for a woman to hit a man often throwing in excuses like "he must have deserved it."  

Kelly Brook was bold enough to tell everyone about how she hit her boyfriends in her book and she is flabbergasted that anyone is critical of what she did.  That's how bad it is.  Society see's a man hit a woman and they hate him for it and they'd like to see him hung.

A woman does the same thing and half the population (both women and men) think he must have deserved it.  

And what makes it worse is that with a quick internet search or a call to police my wife could find a shelter for her and the children if she claims I hit her.  She calls a number, meets them someplace, they pick her up and take her to the shelter. . . 

Where do I go if my wife determines to hit me and the children?  There are no shelters for that.  The kids may be able to escape via foster care.  But I either have to live in the home where I'm beaten in or I have to be homeless.  And if I'm homeless I'm not going to be seeing the kids.

The mantra of every person who likes to blame male victims.

Explain to me how you stop someone from hitting you when they are determined to hit you without hurting them?  

The problem is honestly made worse because a lot of people don't believe it's even wrong for a woman to hit a man often throwing in excuses like "he must have deserved it."  

Kelly Brook was bold enough to tell everyone about how she hit her boyfriends in her book and she is flabbergasted that anyone is critical of what she did.  That's how bad it is.  Society see's a man hit a woman and they hate him for it and they'd like to see him hung.

A woman does the same thing and half the population (both women and men) think he must have deserved it.  

And what makes it worse is that with a quick internet search or a call to police my wife could find a shelter for her and the children if she claims I hit her.  She calls a number, meets them someplace, they pick her up and take her to the shelter. . . 

Where do I go if my wife determines to hit me and the children?  There are no shelters for that.  The kids may be able to escape via foster care.  But I either have to live in the home where I'm beaten in or I have to be homeless.  And if I'm homeless I'm not going to be seeing the kids.

No, my mantra is men like you need to grow a pair.

No, my mantra is men like you need to grow a pair.

If growing a pair means standing there and let someone hit you then forget it.

That's what slaves have to do.  I am not a slave.

You didn't answer my question.  How do you stop someone who is determined to hit you from doing so without hurting them.  

Or is your answer "stand there and take it slave."

Yes masta I'm sorry I thought I was human and deserved the right to be protected by the law from physical assaults.

Sorry my man, I normally like your postings but this one is way past the pale.

The guy I was responding to has made his feelings well known on this subject in previous threads....and imo, it isn't pretty. I really wish some on this board would stop acting like stopping a female from attacking you takes great effort....it doesn't.

The guy I was responding to has made his feelings well known on this subject in previous threads....and imo, it isn't pretty. I really wish some on this board would stop acting like stopping a female from attacking you takes great effort....it doesn't.

That's a very broad brush you're painting with. Small guy large woman can be bad for the guy. I've seen it in bars when the angry wife comes strolling in looking for her husband

Depends on your own personal viewpoints to violence against females,provocation or not. Besides as the other poster said females like to use weapons, trust me it can end up with fatal consequences balls or no balls.

That's a very broad brush you're painting with. Small guy large woman can be bad for the guy. I've seen it in bars when the angry wife comes strolling in looking for her husband

Yes, I know there are exceptions, but that's not what we are really talking about.