Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

breakdown of Richardson and run game as a whole.

Narcosys

No.  The play was designed to go to the right and it initially appeared that the right was filled so he looked to the middle and there was a linebacker in the gap so he decided to cut the run back.  There really was no room for him to continue to the right.

I was being facetious.

I'm struggling to get that across lately.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nonsense, through and through.

Unless you're on a crusade against him, you'd watch the Eagles game and see a player having a good game, aside from the two fumbles. And he followed that up with a decent game today. Anyone calling him a beast is being silly, but I don't see anyone calling him a beast, so... yours is a strawman argument.

His numbers were average. Add in 2 fumbles and I would say that is a below average performance by NFL standards.

His best games are average, his worst games are well ... Watch any game last season especially his playoff appearance.

I'm not denying that he has improved, but he still isn't what I would call a good starting running back. And in no way shape or form has he or do I think he will ever live up to the pick traded for him. Average numbers and putting the ball on the ground twice in one game is not impressive. Don't lower the bar just because the guys a colt.

His numbers were average. Add in 2 fumbles and I would say that is a below average performance by NFL standards.

His best games are average, his worst games are well ... Watch any game last season especially his playoff appearance.

I'm not denying that he has improved, but he still isn't what I would call a good starting running back. And in no way shape or form has he or do I think he will ever live up to the pick traded for him. Average numbers and putting the ball on the ground twice in one game is not impressive. Don't lower the bar just because the guys a colt.

To the bolded, so what? The trade was bad the minute it was done. Can't undo it, so there's no sense in continually grading a player based on what we gave up for him. It's not even like overpaying in contract negotiations, because in that case, you can renegotiate or release a player who isn't living up to his pay. In this case, there's nothing to be gained by continuing to complain about what Richardson cost us.

And overall, the Eagles game was a good game, aside from the fumbles. If you can't get past the "aside from the fumbles" part, then I don't know what to say. We've all be concerned about Richardson finding the holes and picking up yardage, and he did that very well for the most part. There's plenty of reason to be optimistic, based on that. And as for the fumbles, until/unless this becomes a pattern, there's no sense in worrying about it very much.

Is it really a matter of competence, or a matter of you watching what happened on all fronts?

Idk what happened worth that quote. I'm just saying it looked like a better chance with the right side. It looked like the way the play was designed. So why not follow that? Sorry but I'm not a trent Hater, but neither am I blind.

Fleener doubled teamed #51. 50 jumped to the outside to the hole you're speaking of. Right to the left of Fleener. Fleener should have blocked him as he should have been looking up field. Leaving only 38 for Trent to beat

Right, Fleener should have blocked #50.  Fleener did not do that, therefore it was not Richardson that ruined the play, it was Fleener blocking the wrong guy.

Well here are some facts that cannot be disputed:

• In 14 games last year Richardson had 4 games where he averaged 3.3 yards per carry or better.  In 3 games this year Richardson has 3 games he has averaged 3.3 ypc or better.
  • Richardson's YPC has improved every game this year (3.3, 3.8 and 4.1)
  • Richardson is still a young player.  Luck makes a mistake and people say he's still learning, Hilton makes a mistake and some say it's proof he's not a #1 WR other say he's young and still learn.  TRich makes a mistake and for some reason it's proof that he will never amount to anything in the NFL.
  • Richardson and Bradshaw are proving to be a dangerous duo and if Colts fans would quit crying about TRich they would see the Colts are getting the type of ground attack that leads to top ranked offenses.  Colts right now have the 14th ranked rushing attack (based on yards per game) and tied for 11th based on yards per carry and yet they still have the 4th ranked passing attack (based on yards per game).

That is the way to build a championship level offense.

Well here are some facts that cannot be disputed:

• In 14 games last year Richardson had 4 games where he averaged 3.3 yards per carry or better. In 3 games this year Richardson has 3 games he has averaged 3.3 ypc or better.
  • Richardson's YPC has improved every game this year (3.3, 3.8 and 4.1)
  • Richardson is still a young player. Luck makes a mistake and people say he's still learning, Hilton makes a mistake and some say it's proof he's not a #1 WR other say he's young and still learn. TRich makes a mistake and for some reason it's proof that he will never amount to anything in the NFL.
  • Richardson and Bradshaw are proving to be a dangerous duo and if Colts fans would quit crying about TRich they would see the Colts are getting the type of ground attack that leads to top ranked offenses. Colts right now have the 14th ranked rushing attack (based on yards per game) and tied for 11th based on yards per carry and yet they still have the 4th ranked passing attack (based on yards per game).
That is the way to build a championship level offense.

Lay out the knowledge brother!

Right, Fleener should have blocked #50. Fleener did not do that, therefore it was not Richardson that ruined the play, it was Fleener blocking the wrong guy.

Ya if you look you can see Fleener go to 50 after the double team. 50 was already turning back in cause of trents move. 50 had not yet moved to fill the hole. He would have but Trent moved back. But I think Fleener would have had time to pick him up. However Fleener stinks at blocking. So maybe Trent didn't trust him. May never know. Again I'm not a trent hater, our line seems to hate him. But he does make some questionable decisions. Then again I know how hard it is to be a RB and it's amazing how easy tunnel vision comes on.

Ya if you look you can see Fleener go to 50 after the double team. 50 was already turning back in cause of trents move. 50 had not yet moved to fill the hole. He would have but Trent moved back. But I think Fleener would have had time to pick him up. However Fleener stinks at blocking. So maybe Trent didn't trust him. May never know. Again I'm not a trent hater, our line seems to hate him. But he does make some questionable decisions. Then again I know how hard it is to be a RB and it's amazing how easy tunnel vision comes on.

I never called you a Trent hater so I'm not sure why you keep mentioning that.  There is no way Fleener was going to come back and get 50 in that play. Fleener never left the guy he was blocking until Havili knocked him down.  Which, maybe the blocking snafu wasn't Fleener, maybe Havili should have ran to the hole and taken 50 which would have opened things up for TRich.

There are examples from last year where TRich missed the hole or did a jump cut to the wrong spot but this is not one of those examples.

I never called you a Trent hater so I'm not sure why you keep mentioning that. There is no way Fleener was going to come back and get 50 in that play. Fleener never left the guy he was blocking until Havili knocked him down. Which, maybe the blocking snafu wasn't Fleener, maybe Havili should have ran to the hole and taken 50 which would have opened things up for TRich.

There are examples from last year where TRich missed the hole or did a jump cut to the wrong spot but this is not one of those examples.

Sorry it was someone else then that was categorizing me that way.