Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

I am guessing you have a computer since you are in forum right now. You can get every game you want to see free. I am at work can't access that from this computer....  don't want to try.  I'll send you a link  later tonight. I am in Alaska I can get on line.

I wish the NFL had the same set up as the NBA. I just spend the money on that. I get all 82 Pacers games plus 4 other teams full season on the big screen. It is really reasonable too considering the amount of games you get. You can go back and watch them over if you want.

The Colts its only 16 games I usually just hit the bar every Sunday or the free site. The NFL free sites can be very frustrating with the buffering. NFL wants an arm and a leg or they did the last time I looked. There was no option to just buy one team.  

Thanks for the information. When the season starts, I too will go to a sports bar and ask for the Colts game and I will get it. I am also a Denver fan so I will spend the entire afternoon there.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will only comment about Trent Richardson here. Unfortunately, I made a post about his lack of production elsewhere and it took over a thread. I have apologized for that. Now, the question is when do we finally admit that TR is not an NFL caliber running back and that he could be replaced with better production by just about any journeyman running back? In the off season I kept hearing that TR was going to have a great year (I saw mention of 1200 yards) and that all he needed was a training camp. I didn't buy it then and I sure don't buy it now. The Colts keep trying to justify trading a first round pick for him but it won't work. They may start him at the beginning of the season but he will work his way to the bottom of the depth charts in no time, just like he did last year. I don't hate Trent or dislike him at all. But the fact is that he carries a football like it was an anvil and he just doesn't gain enough yards per carry to justify starting. I want to see what the other backs can do behind this horrible line and awful scheme by Pep (that is sarcasm for those who don't catch it) and I will bet that they gain more yards per carry that Richardson. But, who doesn't?

Well, they keep trying to justify it because there's no undoing it.  As far as when do I (or we) give up on him?  Heck I don'tk now, he's at least a decent downhill/one cut runner that can be good in certain situations.  So even if he gets buried in the depth charts, we'll keep him until the end of his rookie deal for those situational plays. 

Right now, the only time that I see a problem with him is in the zone read stuff, which is a big part of our run game.  Part of that is on the OL and part of that is on him.  What I don't get is why everyone has to be so black and white with trent.  Like, it's either all or nothing with this kid.  He may never live up to the 3 down back 1,200 yard rusher that a 1st round pick should command, but even if we "lost" the trade, he can still provide some value. 

Well, they keep trying to justify it because there's no undoing it.  As far as when do I (or we) give up on him?  Heck I don'tk now, he's at least a decent downhill/one cut runner that can be good in certain situations.  So even if he gets buried in the depth charts, we'll keep him until the end of his rookie deal for those situational plays. 

Right now, the only time that I see a problem with him is in the zone read stuff, which is a big part of our run game.  Part of that is on the OL and part of that is on him.  What I don't get is why everyone has to be so black and white with trent.  Like, it's either all or nothing with this kid.  He may never live up to the 3 down back 1,200 yard rusher that a 1st round pick should command, but even if we "lost" the trade, he can still provide some value. 

I agree with that and he might be a decent receiver out of the backfield. I think is blocking is at least adequate.

Why did Arby's ditch the Homestyle fries? I loved them so much. I can get curly fries from Jack in the box. Bring back Homstyle Fries, Arby's!

Trent Richardson sux

There is at least one in Indy that still sells the homestyle fries.  It's in Broadripple right next to where one of my best friends lives. :)

There is at least one in Indy that still sells the homestyle fries. It's in Broadripple right next to where one of my best friends lives. :)

Man, I got mad. I rarely go to Arby's, but got a taste for it during the last presidential election. When I found out they only had curly fries, I wanted Obama or Romney to discuss that. Thats just unamerican. I want choices. And I don't consider cheese sticks and that other crap choices. Those were the best fries at any fast food place. And werent too salty at all.

http://youtu.be/1v2n3jOEYBY half full over here

Yeah....yeah...I've seen that. Lol. But not only did the Colts possibly blow a 1st round pick on Richardson...they later turned around and later signed Kurt Coleman...the one guy in the league that Trent has managed to posterize! Lol. So that vid is a wash for Colts fans. Nice one for Browns fans though.

Richardson and Bradshaw. True test hopefully tonight. If not we will see against Denver. I know pagano knows what Bradshaw can do (check out last year against 49'ers). Maybe he will want Bradshaw to go all out against Denver just like San Francisco. :) we will see!

Yeah....yeah...I've seen that. Lol. But not only did the Colts possibly blow a 1st round pick on Richardson...they later turned around and later signed Kurt Coleman...the one guy in the league that Trent has managed to posterize! Lol. So that vid is a wash for Colts fans. Nice one for Browns fans though.

Sounds like it is a wash for you. But that doesn't project for all Colt fans as you suggest. 

ya know this thread could always be a bit more constructive instead of turn this into a Trent bashing thread (admittedly he has earned a lot of it) ya all can state what you believe he needs to do from a more technical sense to improve...Just a thought

ya know this thread could always be a bit more constructive instead of turn this into a Trent bashing thread (admittedly he has earned a lot of it) ya all can state what you believe he needs to do from a more technical sense to improve...Just a thought

He needs to be more decisive and hit the hole rather than dancing or looking tentative behind the line of scrimmage. It isn't his speed, vision, balance, size, etc. It's his indecisiveness.

Richardson and Bradshaw. True test hopefully tonight. If not we will see against Denver. I know pagano knows what Bradshaw can do (check out last year against 49'ers). Maybe he will want Bradshaw to go all out against Denver just like San Francisco. :) we will see!

I hope we see some Bradshaw tonight. Just to give him a little taste. But I would understand if Pagano holds him out. I'd prefer Bradshaw over Trent as our feature runner but for his injury history.

I'm more interested in Boom Herron now. He's making some great runs through our line. It's going to be like last season where Trent starts and doesn't do a great job cutting through the line before brown gets the nod and does great, but either Herron or Bradshaw will fill Browns old rb spot.

You can't say Heron played better. He's with our back ups playing against back ups. I do like what I've seen from him but there's no fricken way he's a better back than Trent & Bradshaw. It's our line, play calling, something.

I can and will say Herron played better and should be playing v Denver in two weeks. Trent should be on Dancing with the Stars but Boom should be playing running back for the Colts.

I can and will say Herron played better and should be playing v Denver in two weeks. Trent should be on Dancing with the Stars but Boom should be playing running back for the Colts.

Now I know you've lost your mind or have no clue about football. Boom has been running against 2nd and 3rd string defenses. What you are basically saying is he's better than both Trent & Bradshaw. Cause neither ran well behind our starters.

Lol, good one.

1. I don't think that Grigson did enough to improve our Offensive Line the last few years. If Richardson has to answer the bell so does Mr. Grigson. 

2. Play calling especially in the run game is sometimes pretty awful. Pep Hamilton has to do a better job. Colts are very predictable and the Running Backs run continually run against a wall 

3. Yes Richardson has to play smarter and be more decisive.

Grigson builds lines like he played on them, not very well.

I didn't see anything to make me believe Trent is better, worse, or the same as last season. He didn't get enough plays to make any assessment.

If he is swallowed up behind the line right away then that's on the line. If there is a hole and he dances until its closed then that's all Trent.

Now I know you've lost your mind or have no clue about football. Boom has been running against 2nd and 3rd string defenses. What you are basically saying is he's better than both Trent & Bradshaw. Cause neither ran well behind our starters.

Lol, good one.

I don't think TR would have been any better against those second and third stringers. Give Boom a chance, TR has used up all of his.

Hey, that was a good night for him.

That's what he has pretty much delivered for his first 2 seasons. I think he is at best a 3ypc back.

People are pointing to his 8 yard run like he took it 80 yards, saying see what he can do. If you are gonna lose or gain no yards 70% of the time, then your big gains need to be more then 8 yards.

I don't think TR would have been any better against those second and third stringers. Give Boom a chance, TR has used up all of his.

Yeah cause obviously he has sucked it up during the regular season behind our stellar line. You people even know anything what so ever about football?

Trent tries to run like OJ used to before he became a felon. Dancing and probing works if you are shifty, have great vision and are a world class sprinter. Using this running style, OJ would have 10 carries in a row with short gains and then he would rip off 80. Trent can have 10 carries in a row with short gains and then he'll rip off 5.

Boom obviously isn't great but he seems to understand his own limitations. He immediately hits the line hard and gets what he can. No dancing and no probing. Boom. He is well named.