Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Trent Richardson averaged Sat. night vs. the Giants. Eight of his carries went for 13 yards! I didn't see the game, but it doesn't matter. That performance or lack thereof is not going to get it done.

His stats were pretty awful, but to admit that you did not watch the game and to bash him is just as awful.  It just comes off as ignorant.

He actually had some pretty decent runs when they actually ran him out of the spread offense that we were running at times. A lot of his problem was the typical play calling which screams we are running the ball and there is no chance we are going to pass.  

Not saying he will be any good this season, but if you do not watch the game to get the whole story you are just going to come off one sided.

Trent was a mixed bag. When he had blocking he ran fairly well. There were a few handoffs where he was trying to dodge people as soon as he got the handoff and just getting back to the line of scrmidge was a win. While the OP is right the 2.3 YPC won't cut it this proves why you need to watch and not just go on numbers alone. The OP seemed to be blaming Trent for this when I think from watching it it had more to do with the lack of blocking than Trent.

Threads like this are why this forum gets so tiresome.

1. Trent showed great burst in a couple of runs
  2. The blocking wasn't quite there on many of the runs
  3. It's hard to build much of a rhythm in a running game with a limited number of snaps
  4. Now that Trent has had time in the system, I'll look for at least 3 full games before making a snap analysis of how well he is doing.

The great Chris Johnson has a .5 ypc average right now in NY.  I don't suspect that continue when he gets meaningful snaps in the regular season.  Thing is, RB is such a wear and tear position that putting your proven player through any meaningful count in the preseason is just shortening his availability in the regular season.  Most teams play their guy for just a handful of snaps.  Some sit their starter (eg Adrian Peterson).  Until Richardson has been asked to work a full game, I am not going to look at his 'stats' right now as they are simply not going to be a good barometer of what the regular season will tell us.

Dude, there really isn't a point. People will defend him till he's gone, which will probably be next season. He has zero burst. Every great rb had a burst. Every good rb had a burst.

Its amazing how Colt fan's keep making excuses for Richardson just hope Grigson does not trade another 1st again. We should have kept Brown as I said all along you had Bradshaw and Ballard both coming of injuries what where they thinking :scratch:

So he's AP, Jim Brown, Walter Payton and pre-felon OJ all wrapped up in one but running behind the worst line in the NFL? Or he is the bad half of the most lopsided Colts trade in the past 30 years?

Enjoy.

You think you might want to wait until year 2 starts before we start analyzing it their genius.

Isn't it time for Sponge Bob  or something on the cartoon channel?

Enjoy.

Its amazing how Colt fan's keep making excuses for Richardson just hope Grigson does not trade another 1st again. We should have kept Brown as I said all along you had Bradshaw and Ballard both coming of injuries what where they thinking :scratch:

Yes cause he did so well his first 4 years.

I'm not gonna make excuses for TRich, but Brown's first few seasons as a Colt were pretty underwhelming also...

so I'm gonna save any TRich ridicule for at least a few games into the regular season...

I'm really hoping Bradshaw stays healthy & for what it's worth, has anyone mentioned TRich at least had a couple of decent blocks during the Giants game (trying to stay positive here...)

Ranch. Ranch dammit!!! What is wrong with you people?

Ranch puts off too much of the "I'm Canadian" vibe. Technically thats because I'm generalizing all white and creamy condiments as being similar. It's not very PC, but that's my honest opinion.

Outside his ypc, what about Brown's career stats blows your mind?

I'm not sure what we're expecting from Trent this year, but I feel that his YPC will always be low simply because I do not think we have the O-line to consistently open up running lanes for Richardson. Like Richardson, most running backs are hit behind or at the LOS, but unlike Richardson, when given an opportunity to gain big yards, they take advantage of it.

The difference between Richardson and other RBs (Charles, McCoy, Peterson, Gore, etc...) is that when given an opportunity to run into the second level, Richardson's longest run as a Colts was 22 yards, whereas, when Donald Brown broke into the second level, he had runs of 50+ yards. It's those types of runs throughout a season that helps all running backs keep a healthy YPC. Every few games, Donald Brown would break a long run. We NEVER saw that with Richardson.

So he's AP, Jim Brown, Walter Payton and pre-felon OJ all wrapped up in one but running behind the worst line in the NFL? Or he is the bad half of the most lopsided Colts trade in the past 30 years?

Enjoy.

If trent never gains another yard it still isn't close to the worst trade the colts have made in the last thirty years

if I'm feeling wild I go for BBQ sauce, if I'm in Europe it's Mayo...

Ranch. Ranch dammit!!! What is wrong with you people? 

Ranch puts off too much of the "I'm Canadian" vibe. Technically thats because I'm generalizing all white and creamy condiments as being similar. It's not very PC, but that's my honest opinion.

This is 'Merica, people.  Nacho cheese sauce.