Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian says "Ryan DIem pay cut or released" And negotiating with ADDAI AND JOHNSON

coltsuser21

First off using Hart as evidence to support your argument tells me that your point is not that strong. He is a league minimum type of guy and those guys get cut all the time.

How different is Harrison v. Diem? Injury or not the point is they no longer merited the salaries they were making and were cut as a result.

Lilja was cut 2 years into a big contract. And if you are going back to Emtman, then let me throw in Dilger and Stokely who also had years remaining on their contract. As well as Ugoh. This is just off the top.

This is not only the standard Colts M.O it is pretty much what the league does as well. The Colts have never been afraid to cut a under-performing player regardless of salary considerations. I just don't see how the Diem situation is a departure from the past.

.....and now reports that Kelvin Hayden is cut too. I rest my case. Believe what you want but the wind has changed in Indy. Enjoy the season.

Smug is not good. Especially when you are wrong.

I'm not being smug. I'm just not gonna repeat myself in this thread on the point already made. If you're including yourself in the group that can't see a different trend in Indy's decision making this offseason....you are the incorrect one.

This conversation is over.

Remember we can always get DeVan back at a cheap price as well. I'm looking to see him back in a Colts uniform at a guard spot this year...

DeVan is reporting to training camp so he's still with us. Unlike some here, I felt he did a good job for us.