Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Colts Mock Draft

Here again is another one of my mock drafts. Again im going to include a 4th and 6th comp pick. And dont freak ut cause im not sure if we get these compensentory picks im just including them because we lost Session and Johnson.

1. Andrew Luck QB, Stanford

2. Chase Minnifeild CB, Virgina

3. Dontari Poe DT, Memphis

4. Sean Spence OLB, Miami

4. Kenny Tate S, Maryland

5. AJ Jenkins WR, Illinois

6. Antoine McClain OG, Clemson

6. Malik Jackson DE, Tennesse

7. Jeff Demps RB, Florida

I really wasnt impressed w/ Luck when he vs Cal and Oregon but i just dont see him getting passed up

2. Chase Minnifeild CB, Virgina - currently projected as a 1st-2nd round pick so this one is plausible

3. Dontari Poe DT, Memphis - Currently ranked #30, which would make him a 1st-2nd round pick

4. Sean Spence OLB, Miami - Currently projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick

4. Kenny Tate S, Maryland - currently projected as a 3rd round pick

5. AJ Jenkins WR, Illinois - currently projected as a 3rd-4th round pick

6. Antoine McClain OG, Clemson - currently projected as a 5th round pick

6. Malik Jackson DE, Tennesse - currently projected as a 4th round pick

7. Jeff Demps RB, Florida - currently projected as a 5th round pick

We would get phenomenal value if we were able to pick these guys in the rounds you have them, but HIGHLY unlikely.

2. Chase Minnifeild CB, Virgina - currently projected as a 1st-2nd round pick so this one is plausible

3. Dontari Poe DT, Memphis - Currently ranked #30, which would make him a 1st-2nd round pick

4. Sean Spence OLB, Miami - Currently projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick

4. Kenny Tate S, Maryland - currently projected as a 3rd round pick

5. AJ Jenkins WR, Illinois - currently projected as a 3rd-4th round pick

6. Antoine McClain OG, Clemson - currently projected as a 5th round pick

6. Malik Jackson DE, Tennesse - currently projected as a 4th round pick

7. Jeff Demps RB, Florida - currently projected as a 5th round pick

We would get phenomenal value if we were able to pick these guys in the rounds you have them, but HIGHLY unlikely.

I wouldn't say this is highly unlikely at all, their is always guys projected in the 3rd or 4th round that ends up not being drafted at all.

I wouldn't say this is highly unlikely at all, their is always guys projected in the 3rd or 4th round that ends up not being drafted at all.

I wouldn't say it's unlikely for one or maybe 2 of the players to fall, but not for 7 players to fall 1-2 rounds. That's why I say it's highly unlikely.

I wouldn't say it's unlikely for one or maybe 2 of the players to fall, but not for 7 players to fall 1-2 rounds. That's why I say it's highly unlikely.

None of these players are locked into any round at the moment besides Luck. There is still a combine that will happen and some more college games too. I'm sure the site you get your info from will look completely different by the time April rolls around.

i kno everybody wants to talk about the offense and our qb situation but last time i checked the defense is playing horribly especially the secondary if peyton comes back 4 yr window in which we can win another title and with the offensive pieces that are there i think were good... but on defense our corners specifically arent getting it done and its not that they dont know the defense its that there physically inferior to the new type of wide outs in the league... Alfonzo Dennard from nebraska, Janoris Jenkins, CB (N. Ala.), Cliff Harris and morris claiborne i think these guys all have the potential to be great dbs

None of these players are locked into any round at the moment besides Luck. There is still a combine that will happen and some more college games too. I'm sure the site you get your info from will look completely different by the time April rolls around.

I'd say there are more players locked into the first round than just Luck but that's a different discussion. I realize all this, that things will change by the end of the year. I realize some players will rise and some will fall etc. I was merely trying to point out that, as of current projections, the OPs mock was rather unrealistic. However if, by the time April rolls around, each of the players mentioned has dropped the 1/2 to 2 rounds from where they're projected now and we can draft them in the positions listed then by all means...assuming we'd still want to draft them if they fell like that because falling multiple rounds typically is not a good thing.

But hey, if we're going on the "no player is locked into a round" then here's my mock draft:

round 1: Morris Claiborn

round 2: Cordy Glenn

round 3: Michael Floyd

round 4: Manti Te'o

round 5: Quinton Coples

round 6: Brandon Thompson

round 7: Mark Barron

I'd say there are more players locked into the first round than just Luck but that's a different discussion. I realize all this, that things will change by the end of the year. I realize some players will rise and some will fall etc. I was merely trying to point out that, as of current projections, the OPs mock was rather unrealistic. However if, by the time April rolls around, each of the players mentioned has dropped the 1/2 to 2 rounds from where they're projected now and we can draft them in the positions listed then by all means...assuming we'd still want to draft them if they fell like that because falling multiple rounds typically is not a good thing.

But hey, if we're going on the "no player is locked into a round" then here's my mock draft:

I assume you pick up Luck as an undrafted free agent?

Love the draft Jason. Love it!

The problem is, you are basically assuming all but one player ends up lower than they are currently projected.

While positions will change, it just doesn't make sense to predict which way the players will move, and it makes even less sense to assume they will all fall.

I was meaning out of the list of players in his draft, obviously there are other players that are locked in the first round.

The problem is, you are basically assuming all but one player ends up lower than they are currently projected.

While positions will change, it just doesn't make sense to predict which way the players will move, and it makes even less sense to assume they will all fall.

What makes you think that the website he uses is even that accurate predicting where every player will be picked. I'm not saying every player will fall, but a guy falling one round from what any website says is a common accurance. None of us know what the actual scouts of teams think about most of the players in this draft.

I will throw my mock in here :); I will include 2 sixth round picks, which is all I am expecting as compensatory for CJ & Session.

2. Chase Minnifeild CB, Virgina

3. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina/Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas (one of them should be there)

4. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

5. Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

6. Antoine McClain OG, Clemson

6. Brandon Taylor, SS, LSU

6. Kevin Koger, TE, Michigan

7. Bryce Beall, RB, Houston (a 5'10", 215, 4.60 RB that can rush, catch and pass block since he played in a pass happy Houston offense with Case Keenum)

After trading back twice with miami and redskins the colts go:

6-8th overall- Claiborne/Kirkpatrick (depending on new DC's scheme)

2nd- Michael Brewster

2nd- Mark Barron

2nd- Kevin Zeitler

3rd- Kendall Wright

3rd- Sean Spence

4th- Devin Thomas

5th- Jeff Demps

6th- Kellen Moore

7th- Ryan Broyles

Free Agents:

Paul Solali- NT

Israel Idonije- De

With our first pick we get a true number 1 corner to go opposite of powers. Barron steps in and plays the SS like a 5th LB, similar to how Sanders played it. This allows Bethea to play deep middle where he is at his best. This hopefully fixes our secondary needs.

Brewster and Zeitler give us the 2 interior linemen we are missing to go along with the bookends from last year. If Saturday comes back then Brewster can fight for a guard position, which i believe he would win. Zeitler would be a day 1 starter and a staple at that position. This gives us a Castonzo, Zeitler, Brewster, Diem, Ijalana oline. Best since Glenn and company left.

Kendall Wright gives us a deep threat and depth in the receiving core, im assuming Reggie wont come back unless he signs a smaller contract so the core would look like garcon, wright, Collie(slot), with tamme at TE (clark is released for cap) if reggie does come back: reggie, garcon, collie (slot) with wright in rotation and to stretch the field. Broyles slides to the 7th due to torn acl mixed with already "to small" body, limited if any playing time rookie year, if he can bounce back would be one of the steals of the draft.

Spence fights for starting position plus gives depth. Thomas adds to rotation, hopefully impacts pass rush. (We resign Mathis as well)

Moore gives us another backup to learn the system. Low risk high reward player.

Solali completes our Dline with a true staple at NT, Idonije is versatile and solid pass rusher, solid player to add to rotation.