Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+5) @ Seattle (9-21-14)

oldunclemark

Rookie with no film surprise?

I don't think the Jags have the offensive line to push back against SD's pass rush and they'll eat Bortles alive. That team is better with Bortles, but he still has growing pains to go through, and it's still a really bad defense.

Jaguars suck, with Bortles, Henne, or the ghost of Byron Leftwich at QB. I'm just saying I don't trust San Diego. They beat teams they should struggle against and lose when they should dominate. Unless it's the Colts in the playoffs, then they always dominate.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaguars suck, with Bortles, Henne, or the ghost of Byron Leftwich at QB. I'm just saying I don't trust San Diego. They beat teams they should struggle against and lose when they should dominate. Unless it's the Colts in the playoffs, then they always dominate.

I didn't know Byron Leftwich died.

Taking Seattle to OT in Seattle by playing bad?.

There is only positives in this game for Denver.

I said this before the game, only Tamme and Sander i trust and it was right. DT was non-existent mostly with soft hands and dropped passes.

If they play again, Denver will believe they can win.

Losing is losing.  In the NFL, there's no benefit, or positive taken from a loss.  Moral victories don't exist in the NFL. 

There is no question its a loss.

But its a long season. This is week 3. You have to look at the positives and move forward. 

Denver had 2 turnovers, several dropped passes and of course refs blew few calls. Areas of improvement.

Seattle deserve to win. Was it a convincing win?. Not sure.

And so will Seattle.  Seeing that a second inter-conference game would need to be in the Super Bowl I think every team would go in thinking they will win.

Thinking and believing are different. Broncos didnt have the belief during the SB. Now they do.

I want to see how many teams this year will take Seattle to OT in Seattle.

36 yards on 20 carries is no positive, it's pathetic.

Denver sorely needs a run game. It's not just against Seattle where it has looked poor to flat out bad.

Thats the negative part with OL again crumbling.

Dont tell me there are no positives from this game.

A noodle arm QB can march down 80 yards in 42 seconds with no timeouts against the best defense in NFL?.

A loss is a loss, but I doubt that many coaching personnel don't take positive & negatives away from games...

But that's common sense...

Sure. even in a loss one can say there are things you can find that went well.  That doesn't negate the fact that you lost..

Thinking and believing are different. Broncos didnt have the belief during the SB. Now they do.

I want to see how many teams this year will take Seattle to OT in Seattle.

OK, if you must split hairs, I'm sure every team would go in BELIEVING they can win.  I'm sure the Broncos were quite confident going into the Super Bowl.  Why wouldn't they be?  After all, they had the most prolific scoring offense in the history of the NFL.  Seattle had a great defense, but not historically great as compared to the Broncos offense.

Dont tell me there are no positives from this game.

I didn't. I'm just saying it's not all sunshine and rainbows for Denver and they need to not be one dimensional on offense. Along with cutting out the hyper conservative garbage that lost this game and nearly the last two.

They're pretty much stuck with the lackluster backs they have. The run blocking hasn't been particularly good there the last two seasons, but Moreno ran his guts out to the point it was serviceable and in some games pretty damn good.

I didn't. I'm just saying it's not all sunshine and rainbows for Denver and they need to not be one dimensional on offense.

They're pretty much stuck with the lackluster backs they have. The run blocking hasn't been particularly good there the last two seasons, but Moreno ran his guts out to the point it was serviceable and in some games pretty damn good.

Didnt say its all sunshine.

Lot of issues. Their receivers are still soft. Not for Sanders, imagine how this offense would have looked tonight.

Taking Seattle to OT in Seattle by playing bad?.

There is only positives in this game for Denver.

I said this before the game, only Tamme and Sander i trust and it was right. DT was non-existent mostly with soft hands and dropped passes.

If they play again, Denver will believe they can win.

Welker had a nice game too. But the issue for the Broncos is the red zone. They seem to have a lot of possession guys but not the TDs like last year. Decker got the ball in the end zone. Not sure what is going with DT. He seems to have lost confidence and is dropping balls. And the run game is awful. They are still too one dimensional. And Talib looked bad. Hawks intentionally went after him. The Dline is a monster though with Miller and Ware. Ware turned the tide of the game with the sack of Wilson at the one and then the safety the next play.

Welker had a nice game too. But the issue for the Broncos is the red zone. They seem to have a lot of possession guys but not the TDs like last year. Decker got the ball in the end zone. Not sure what is going with DT. He seems to have lost confidence and is dropping balls. And the run game is awful. They are still too one dimensional. And Talib looked bad. Hawks intentionally went after him. The Dline is a monster though with Miller and Ware. Ware turned the tide of the game with the sack of Wilson at the one and then the safety the next play.

They have JT and Tamme etc for end zone. Moving the chains is the key and Sanders is huge.

I have been saying this all year. He is a clutch catcher, he hasnt dropped one pass. If Decker played in place of Sanders last night, we are talking about may be 10 points for Denver.

I really believe Sanders is what Harrison was for Manning. Keep in mind, they have just played 3 games together and he is 334 yards already. It will only get better.

Talib missed a few blocks but he was the reason they got the INT. Another pick six was coming towards but Dockette grabbed him. This Denver defense is very good and it will only get better.

Peyton missed few targets also. The second drive where they settled for field goal, his throw to JT was wide. Peyton acknowledged that in his presser as well. He is making unusual mistakes which i havent seen him do.

They have JT and Tamme etc for end zone. Moving the chains is the key and Sanders is huge.

I have been saying this all year. He is a clutch catcher, he hasnt dropped one pass. If Decker played in place of Sanders last night, we are talking about may be 10 points for Denver.

I really believe Sanders is what Harrison was for Manning. Keep in mind, they have just played 3 games together and he is 334 yards already. It will only get better.

Talib missed a few blocks but he was the reason they got the INT. Another pick six was coming towards but Dockette grabbed him. This Denver defense is very good and it will only get better.

Peyton missed few targets also. The second drive where they settled for field goal, his throw to JT was wide. Peyton acknowledged that in his presser as well. He is making unusual mistakes which i havent seen him do.

Did Peyton seem like he was laboring to you after the hit early on which was low? I wonder if his ankles were tweaked again. That might explain some of the failed throws.

I agree about Sanders. I think he a different receiver than Decker. He is a speedy possession guy. And you do need that. Decker is bigger and a fierce red zone target. Denver is not scoring anywhere near what they did last year. I think Decker would mean 7-14 more points a game.

Did Peyton seem like he was laboring to you after the hit early on which was low? I wonder if his ankles were tweaked again. That might explain some of the failed throws.

I agree about Sanders. I think he a different receiver than Decker. He is a speedy possession guy. And you do need that. Decker is bigger and a fierce red zone target. Denver is not scoring anywhere near what they did last year. I think Decker would mean 7-14 more points a game.

I really dont think it was due to any injury. He is just missing them.

Denver has scored 8 TDs in three games. I don't think red zone is an issue. Their issue is to get to the red zone which is where Sanders is coming huge. Keep in mind, Welker is a big red zone target who wasn't available the first 2 games and it was clear they eased him into the game slowly yesterday.

I really dont think it was due to any injury. He is just missing them.

Denver has scored 8 TDs in three games. I don't think red zone is an issue. Their issue is to get to the red zone which is where Sanders is coming huge. Keep in mind, Welker is a big red zone target who wasn't available the first 2 games and it was clear they eased him into the game slowly yesterday.

Welker caught his TDs from 2 yards out. Decker would get his TDs from 10 or 20 yards out. He is a different threat altogether. If DT does not come around then Denver will struggle to score at times.

SD ???

If Denver & SD split, then both win out San Diego wins that div.

I think they take AFC west this year

Its impossible to say. First tie breaker is divisional record, second is conference record, and final is points....so it is really impossible to say who will win but its likely the Broncos given they do appear the superior team and if records all even out they likely would win in points scored. That said even if they make it in as a wild card I see no reason to believe Peyton couldn't go into SD and win a game. Until they are eliminated the champs are still the champs in my opinion...Denver and Seattle....very well could change as the season moves along but we got a long way to go.