Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+5) @ Seattle (9-21-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough one for the Broncos, but credit to those Seahawks, that drive to win it was beautiful.

I disagree about the "beautiful" part. It was primarily supported by cheap yards off of Wilson's legs. Miller refused to do the right thing and contain Wilson. I found most of that last drive to be clumsy. 

Also I think teams need to start throwing at Sherman more. Most of the time he "shut down" because no one throws to his side.

When they do the offense makes plays. Sherman makes a great play every once in a while, but QBs should not be afraid to throw to his side.

It is inside him that the throw has to be made. If you go vertical or jump ball down the sidelines, he will win most of the time. Up and inside is where Sherman has to be targeted. But then, given his height, you need a tall WR too.

I disagree about the "beautiful" part. It was primarily supported by cheap yards off of Wilson's legs. Miller refused to do the right thing and contain Wilson. I found most of that last drive to be clumsy.

..containing Wilson is easy watching on TV...

He's hard to get to..faster than you and shiftier than you..

He makes that offense go....

..containing Wilson is easy watching on TV...

He's hard to get to..faster than you and shiftier than you..

He makes that offense go....

Not sure that matters toward what I said. Yes, Wilson did great taking advantage and feasting on yards via foot. 

But anytime a QB squirts out like that and bilks up yards in that manner, I find it cheap and a sign that the defense did everything but prevent the passer from running. If the Broncos face SEA again, they need to really place onus on stopping those garbage yards from pilling up. 

Not sure that matters toward what I said. Yes, Wilson did great taking advantage and feasting on yards via foot. 

But anytime a QB squirts out like that and bilks up yards in that manner, I find it cheap and a sign that the defense did everything but prevent the passer from running. If the Broncos face SEA again, they need to really place onus on stopping those garbage yards from pilling up.

I agree...but everybody says the same thing..the combo of Harvin. Lynch and Wilson.

Ilm saying its not Miller's fault that he couldn't always contain Wilson. It isn't that easy

Every team in the NFL will be different come playoff time.  Some better, some worse.  Peaking early is never a good thing.

Seattle is 19-1 and 16-4 ats at home in their last 20. I don't think anyone wants to go to Seattle. Anything could happen but hose are impressive numbers

Then I like your lottery chances.

If Denver and Seattle are top seeds...they'll get to Arizona and duel in the desert

Denver doesn't really have a homefield advantage. Them getting a number 1 seed won't effect getting to the Superbowl or not, Baltimore proved that.

I don't know...do you believe in Cincinnatti....or the Bears

I'm not sure Denver wins their div. let alone the AFC, then there is Cincy who is bound to make a jump in the playoffs sometime, & NE, and of course my favorite team that I think are all capable of beating Denver in the playoffs...

Arizona is looking legit, & Carolina are both teams that I feel can give Seattle a run for the NFC...

Who are the undefeated teams as of now???

I'm not sure Denver wins their div. let alone the AFC, then there is Cincy who is bound to make a jump in the playoffs sometime, & NE, and of course my favorite team that I think are all capable of beating Denver in the playoffs...

Arizona is looking legit, & Carolina are both teams that I feel can give Seattle a run for the NFC...

Who are the undefeated teams as of now???

Eagles and Cards are the 3-0's. If Carolina wins tonight they will join them. 

Good game in the second half. Uncharacteristic turnovers by Seattle and some bad ones by Denver. I almost think Denver watched the SD game last week and said lets do that.... But forgot they aren't SD. They do things differently. They can't run the ball. Their OL couldn't generate anything. Great finish but just like against NE Peyton has to finish that game on the previous drive and put pressure on Seattle offense. Still fun finish and what I expected from the SB. If Denver starts to put it all together they will be dangerous.

Right...

Both Seattle & Denver are at 0.67 so the argument that Broncos & Seabirds will repeat in the SB isn't really likely like uncle Mark is suggesting...

huh? Denver is still leading their division and only Cincy has a better record in AFc. The winner of NE vs Den Vs Cincy games will have inside track.

huh? Denver is still leading their division and only Cincy has a better record in AFc. The winner of NE vs Den Vs Cincy games will have inside track.

Debatable. Depending on how you view the division records at 1-0 vs 0-0 and conference record at 2-0 vs 1-0, The Chargers may lead the division based on common opponents. It's complicated at this point.

Right...

Both Seattle & Denver are at 0.67 so the argument that Broncos & Seabirds will repeat in the SB isn't really likely like uncle Mark is suggesting...

......Do you think that Seattle wont have home field...as NFC West champs?

Don't you think Denver has home field in the AFC

...You see Cincy winning at Denver...

It could happen...I just think Cincy is a [product of a soft division

A little too early to be talking playoff tiebreakers. Besides, I fully expect SD to drop a headscratcher against Jacksonville next week. It's sorta what they do.

Rookie with no film surprise?

I don't think the Jags have the offensive line to push back against SD's pass rush and they'll eat Bortles alive. That team is better with Bortles, but he still has growing pains to go through, and it's still a really bad defense.

That was a great game....worth the build up...

Lots of credit to the Seattle tackle who got hurt and came back to play...They needed him and he knew it

and Demariyus Thomas..I thought he was playing hurt and he tied the game.

Seattle and Denver both have non division, nonconference losses...they're still conference favorites

But SD-Denver games will be prime time

SEA hurried to the line and snapped, CBS never showed a replay. 

I know that much ... I also know all replays during OT come from upstairs - IMO play should have been stopped and the play reviewed.  Either that or it wasnt even close - love to see a replay of it either way - course at this point even if he had both feet out of bounds it wouldnt mean a thing.