Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+5) @ Seattle (9-21-14)

oldunclemark

CBS - National TV 4:25 EST

- low 80s - little wind..no chance of rain

Super Bowl rematch is the 4th meeting of Denver and Seattle (2 were exhibitions) in 2 years... but the first in the regular season

Neither Russell Wilson or Peyton Manning have thrown an interception yet this season...

The spread, I believe, is the largest against Denver since Manning joined the team.

Wes Welker will be back for the Broncos..LB Von Miller left last week's game..did not return..

his status is in doubt

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS - National TV 4:25 EST

- low 80s - little wind..no chance of rain

Super Bowl rematch is the 4th meeting of Denver and Seattle (2 were exhibitions) in 2 years... but the first in the regular season

Neither Russell Wilson or Peyton Manning have thrown an interception yet this season...

The spread, I believe, is the largest against Denver since Manning joined the team.

Wes Welker will be back for the Broncos..LB Von Miller left last week's game..did not return..

his status is in doubt

I think they are ready. They may lose, but I think Peyton scores at least 20 against them. That is an improvement from last year and will be something to build on.

Denver's offense had just seven posessions last week..in a 24-17 win

..Has anybody ever heard of a pro football team getting just 7 posessions in a game win or lose

Oddly...the Bronocs 'D' is preventing scoring but they aren't getting off the field on 3rd down.

The Super Bowl was a fluke..this isn't the same Denver team....

...With Welker back and the Hawks at home, I think this game is the No.1 offense vs. No. 1 defense showdown we should have had in the Super Bowl..

Because of all the law breakers, criminals, First Takers and suspensions..we wont have the buildup to this game we would normally have

..Has anybody ever heard of a pro football team getting just 7 posessions in a game win or lose

Oddly...the Bronocs 'D' is preventing scoring but they aren't getting off the field on 3rd down.

...With Welker back and the Hawks at home, I think this game is the No.1 offense vs. No. 1 defense showdown we should have had in the Super Bowl..

Because of all the law breakers, criminals, First Takers and suspensions..we wont have the buildup to this game we would normally have

I agree. I think not having welker has helped the Broncos. Look at what Peyton has done with essentially only three receiving targets (Sanders, DT, and JT). Caldwell has been a negative for them, Tamme besides the TD hasn't even gotten another target, and the running backs haven't even been a factor. Peyton is at 6 TDs and 70% completion utilizing only 3 guys. Now throw in welker, the game tape of what Rivers did to Seattle, and you have yourself an almost equal match-up. I'm picking the Broncos, but they definitely should be the underdog. It won't be a blowout, but seattle might still win by 10 or 14, but it will be close for a while.

I think Welker may be looking at concussion #4. They need to be smart with him this game.

I do find it interesting that AFC West and NFC West are playing each other this year - that will make for less surprises in a Superbowl matchup and less being sort of in "awe" of another team.  I don't know if that's what happened with Denver last year - if the stage was too big for some of their guys or what, but it can only help that we're playing each other.  

If we (San Diego) were to make it to the SuperBowl, I know the guys wouldn't be in awe of Seattle but would respect them and be prepared for a tough duel.  After either us or Denver finish this season's crazy tough schedules, I don't think there's anyone tough we won't have played.  

I agree. I think not having welker has helped the Broncos. Look at what Peyton has done with essentially only three receiving targets (Sanders, DT, and JT). Caldwell has been a negative for them, Tamme besides the TD hasn't even gotten another target, and the running backs haven't even been a factor. Peyton is at 6 TDs and 70% completion utilizing only 3 guys. Now throw in welker, the game tape of what Rivers did to Seattle, and you have yourself an almost equal match-up. I'm picking the Broncos, but they definitely should be the underdog. It won't be a blowout, but seattle might still win by 10 or 14, but it will be close for a while.

To say that not having Welker helps the Broncos just isn't reality..Peyton has had two games which, by last year's standards (with Welker) are lesser...

The Broncos need Welker on 3rd downs..He oens up the Thomas brothers..and he could be a big help to Sanders.

Seattle can handle just 3 targets....4 is a lot

You can track the games welker's missed and see Denver's production drop...clearly..

One big loss is Danny Trevethan...chasing Wilson....

I think the Seattle secondary, which felt the heat (literally) last week will be jacked up for the big challange of Denver's 4

receivers

....the big collision...Marshawn Lynch and TJ Ward.....

Talib vs.Percy Harvin Sherman vs. Demariyus Thomas

Cam Chancelleor vs. Julius Thomas

This is really good stuff

To say that not having Welker helps the Broncos just isn't reality..Peyton has had two games which, by last year's standards (with Welker) are lesser...

The Broncos need Welker on 3rd downs..He oens up the Thomas brothers..and he could be a big help to Sanders.

Seattle can handle just 3 targets....4 is a lot

You can track the games welker's missed and see Denver's production drop...clearly..

One big loss is Danny Trevethan...chasing Wilson....

I think the Seattle secondary, which felt the heat (literally) last week will be jacked up for the big challange of Denver's 4

receivers

....the big collision...Marshawn Lynch and TJ Ward.....

Talib vs.Percy Harvin Sherman vs. Demariyus Thomas

Cam Chancelleor vs. Julius Thomas

This is really good stuff

My point was that Denver has been effective with using just 3 guys and that welker coming back will allow them to be even better.  If you're really good with having only 3 guys being involved in the passing game, then you'll be great when you have four guys.  And this whole the Broncos have fallen off offensively just isn't true.  Just look at last game. They scored 24 points but their points per possession was about 3.4 which is more than what they did last year in their record breaking year (it was about 2.7 I think).  Welker will make an already dangerous offense, even more dangerous.

I don't have seattle scoring more than 10 pts. There offense is weak aside from lynch (whos dealing with a back injury) and Harvin (who can step out of bounds and still get a td) and there defense is mediocre at best way overrated. Rivers and not a great wr core destroyed them and now you have the best passer of all time with great weapons this may have the same score as the sb just the teams reversed.

My point was that Denver has been effective with using just 3 guys and that welker coming back will allow them to be even better.  If you're really good with having only 3 guys being involved in the passing game, then you'll be great when you have four guys.  And this whole the Broncos have fallen off offensively just isn't true.  Just look at last game. They scored 24 points but their points per possession was about 3.4 which is more than what they did last year in their record breaking year (it was about 2.7 I think).  Welker will make an already dangerous offense, even more dangerous.

Their biggest problem in my opinion has been the inability of the defense to get off of the field, usually because of stupid penalties on third down.  A perfect example was the pick 6 nullified by an offsides penalty on Sunday.

Super key on stopping the Seahawks was containing Russell in the pocket with a high degree of pressure.  When he wasn't contained, he nailed some amazing throws against very sound coverage.  When he was pressured we got him 3 and out with throw aways.  

I haven't watched a Denver game yet this year - have they been getting pressure on the passer?  

Super key on stopping the Seahawks was containing Russell in the pocket with a high degree of pressure.  When he wasn't contained, he nailed some amazing throws against very sound coverage.  When he was pressured we got him 3 and out with throw aways.  

I haven't watched a Denver game yet this year - have they been getting pressure on the passer?  

At times.  They have been a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team, mostly because of a bunch of dumb penalties in the 2nd half.   When they are good they are real good.  Three touchdowns in a quarter good.   When they are bad they look very sloppy.

At times.  They have been a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team, mostly because of a bunch of dumb penalties in the 2nd half.   When they are good they are real good.  Three touchdowns in a quarter good.   When they are bad they look very sloppy.

Sounds a bit like us too - frankly, we fumbled 3 times against Seattle and were lucky enough that they were all recovered.  Any one of those could have changed the outcome of the game.  Let alone the myriad of penalties in the red zone that we also managed to overcome.  Way too sloppy for my taste, but then it is the beginning of the season.  

Sorry...I misunderstood you..

I think you cant attack Seattle without spreading them out...Double tight end sets wont break them down..

My concern is the talking points that say they have to slug it out with the Hawks.

That dog wont hunt

Remember..for better or worse..a lot of the Broncos who start Sunday weren't in Denver last year

I thik that HAS to be good haha It at the least can't be worse, especially on defense (minus the current trevathan injury). Too many scrubs (through no fault of their own, they are backups for a reason) ad injured/broken down guys starting last year for the Broncos (Champ I'm talking about you).

Broncos lose, same old same old Broncos, people will say.

Broncos win, what is new, Peyton is the regular season king after all, people will say.

I think this game is a no-win situation for Peyton, IMO.

Besides, an NFC loss does not hurt nearly as bad as an AFC loss in the long scheme of things which is what I expect for the Broncos, a loss. That is why I am not too worried about the Colts loss to the Eagles if they take care of the other NFC and AFC folks moving forward.

I thik that HAS to be good haha It at the least can't be worse, especially on defense (minus the current trevathan injury). Too many scrubs (through no fault of their own, they are backups for a reason) ad injured/broken down guys starting last year for the Broncos (Champ I'm talking about you).

It doesnt have to be good..last year's game was a fluke..

You will se a realistic judgement on these 2...

Base nothing on last season