Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Has The Best Throwback Uniforms?

Go Blue Horseshoe

I like the patriots regardless of being their fan.

Those Pat the Patriot uniforms were classic. I remember liking them when I was a kid (especially when they beat the hated Steelers!). I even had a John Hannah jersey in high school because as a lineman he and Munoz were my favorite players.

Whose bright idea was it to replace them with uniforms too ugly for arena football?

I also think that the Patriots and the Chargers old uniforms were terrific. Pretty ironic to have a number of people in agreement considering the general opinion of those teams on here.

I also liked the old Rams, Falcons, Broncos, and Buccaneers uniforms a LOT more than the respective current ones (not that the Falcons new ones are bad, I just don't like the excess of black they use sometimes).

But some of the ancient throwbacks (Jets, Packers, etc) are just disturbingly plain and morose.

Colts, with the plain helmets and the littkle horseshoes on the back.

I also like those Colts unis with the blue pants. Those are cool. I wish we brought those back.

Finally, those Colts old school unis with the leaping horse on the helmet.

I am so BIAS

I guess I must be the only lunatic who absolutely hates the Colt throwback helmets and can see very easily why they were only used for one season.

My favorite are the power blue chargers with the numbers on the helmits, also like the Bills with the single buffalo on the helmit and Dallas Texans (now KC chiefs) with the State of Texas on the helmit, then have a soft spot of the Houston Oilers unis, . . .

but overall uniforms, its the powerblue chargeres . . .

I guess I must be the only lunatic who absolutely hates the Colt throwback helmets and can see very easily why they were only used for one season.

i don't hate the throwback colts unis, but i love the blue horseshoe so much, that when i see the solid blue helmit is just doesn't sit right with me . . .

My favorite are the power blue chargers with the numbers on the helmits, also like the Bills with the single buffalo on the helmit and Dallas Texans (now KC chiefs) with the State of Texas on the helmit, then have a soft spot of the Houston Oilers unis, . . .

but overall uniforms, its the powerblue chargeres . . .

I always liked the Oilers too

Colt's have been wearing throwbacks since 55.

That's funny, but I disagree with your followup comment. The Colts uniforms may be simple, but in my opinion they are spot on perfect. I hope they never change them. Reversing the helmets occasionally (white horseshoe on blue helmet), or blue top to bottom occasionally might be nice, but leave the logo alone, and minimize the extra do-dads and alternative colors.

And as I've said elsewhere in this thread some of my favorite uniforms are the ones with the boldest colors - but there's something about the Colts.

Colts, with the plain helmets and the littkle horseshoes on the back.

I also like those Colts unis with the blue pants. Those are cool. I wish we brought those back.

Finally, those Colts old school unis with the leaping horse on the helmet.

I am so BIAS

I don't think the leaping horse was ever on the actual helmet. It was logo first associated with the Baltimore Colts and appeared on team sideline wear such as hats, raincoats, jackets, etc. It was also used as the official logo for awhile. Great nostalgic logo though which was the appeal of it to me along with the connection to the Baltimore history of the franchise.

As far as my personal favorite throwback...I'd probably have to go with the Charger powder blues. But I give honorable mention to the Houston Oilers and those old school New England Patriots uni's. Those looked worlds better than the "flying elvis" monstrosities they are currently wearing.